It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are starting to forget

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've heard theories, rumors that the magnetic pole shift, strong solar flares or whatever, what is going to start in 2011 and will peak in 2012 is maybe going to affect the mind of many people. Maybe this is not the appropriate topic, but I'd like to ask the following;

Have any of you notice that people are recently starting to forget things? Basic things. They're asking a question, they get the answer and they're asking the very-very same question on the next day, like if they would never ask it at all. And they're not acting as if they would know about this at all, but when I say;
"you've asked this yesterday and I also gave an answer"

They don't have a clue what about I'm talking. It can be clearly seen in their eyes. But they're usually saying an excuse;
"Oh, yes. I know, but I believed you never gave an answer."

But I gave and the person even confirmed it. I'm wondering on this, because in the last few weeks I've met with this recently. And each of them were general, daily, simple questions. Plus, this is happened not just with one person, but with plenty. Have any of you experienced similar things.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Huh? What did you say?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Huh? What did you say?

No. This would occur if they wouldn't listen at all. But they're listening. They're participating in the coversation. Just... they're simply forgetting things, such as the conversation is happened at all. As I observed they're forgetting little, meaningless things first, but it's starting to occur more and more times.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Do you work with the elderly?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Do you work with the elderly?

Nope. These people are ranging between 18-60. So they have no reason to forget these things at all. If they would be elders, I would say, there is no mystery. But young adults are starting to act on the very same way. Even one of the cashier forgot some numbers for a moment, when I paid for her.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Search topics - Sodium Fluoride, Aspartame, and ... I forget.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Search topics - Sodium Fluoride, Aspartame, and ... I forget.

Good idea, but not I'm the one who is starting to forget things.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I have noticed that a lot of my friends despite only being in their late thirties/early forties are continuously feeling ill. Mild headaches, acute headaches, breathing problems, acid stomach, aching limbs, back problems, sinus issues and lethargy.

I have had many a forgetful episode, but I usuallly put this down to being completely uninterested in the topic being discussed at the particular time.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

I have noticed that a lot of my friends despite only being in their late thirties/early forties are continuously feeling ill. Mild headaches, acute headaches, breathing problems, acid stomach, aching limbs, back problems, sinus issues and lethargy.

These are usually appearing because of their stressful life. But forgetting basic things is a bit different story, especially if it's appearing more and more frequently. That's why I'm asking this; have any of you noticed similar symptoms in his or her surroundings?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's about time we all start wearing SARS masks with X-ray blocking glasses and stay inside our lead paint walls.
There is a nasty combination going on right now between the above mentioned chemicals, cell phone excessive use, weird magnetic pole fluxes, and a heaping TON of trash & insanity on television. It's amazing we're still even conscious.... so yeah, could be those things. Inhaling nano aluminum particles does wonders for the memory too.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
not forgetfulness specifically. i've seen a lot more of the whole "i've been dreaming the world will end and there's fema camps and government agents taking us and there's war and bombs" and the george lucas "i've got a bad feeling about this" sort of thing, but i usually chalk that up to 2012 hysteria along with various oddities occuring. but forgetfulness? not really.

but as far as "the bad stuff" starting in 2011 and peaking at 2012...well considering the amount of signifigance 2011 has had in our first month and a half into it, i can only imagine what's going to happen the rest of the year. as usual i'll go through it with an open, yet skeptical, mind.

also, first post on the forum, inb4disinfoagent(hoping this isn't an infowars/prisonplanet environment, seems like skeptics are met with more open arms here).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It's about time we all start wearing SARS masks with X-ray blocking glasses and stay inside our lead paint walls.
There is a nasty combination going on right now between the above mentioned chemicals, cell phone excessive use, weird magnetic pole fluxes, and a heaping TON of trash & insanity on television. It's amazing we're still even conscious.... so yeah, could be those things. Inhaling nano aluminum particles does wonders for the memory too.

That was my first theory, but why would it appear suddenly almost at the very same time on different people, with different age, who is getting all these aforementioned things randomly and not from the same time (As there is a huge age range between the observed people.).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This reminds me of part of the plot in Greg Bear's book, "Quantico", about a group of FBI agents trying to hunt down some biowar terrorists. Turns out that part of the terrorist's testing including modifying the genetic code of yeast to cause permanent short term memory loss. They tested it by packing it into fireworks and launching it upwind of a small town in Ohio. Basically everyone there was infected with an organism that attacked the area of the brain that processed short term memory. One it became clear that people were literally losing their memories the town was quarantined.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What people forget, and often fail to understand is that humans do not have the ability to accurately predict the future.

Discussing 2012 in any context other than it being just another year, and/or date in time that has yet to pass is crazy.

The fears of what has yet to come based on the prophecies of man are counter productive, there is and always will be plenty of doom and gloom in this world, our world, no prophecy required.

It isn't how bad it can be that should consume your thoughts, it should be what can you, yourself do to make your own life, and the lives of others around you better... One day at a time.

How quickly people forget the good things in life, and simply accept survival or a pathetic life in endless mediocrity waiting for the world to end. People seem to absorb the negative and discard the positive.. That is a real tragedy because LIFE is short, too short.

Maybe enough negativity will consume the human race that we will bring about our own self-prophesied doom?

Where we go from now to 2012 and beyond is entirely up to each and every one of you!

edit on 15-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
not forgetfulness specifically. i've seen a lot more of the whole "i've been dreaming the world will end and there's fema camps and government agents taking us and there's war and bombs" and the george lucas "i've got a bad feeling about this" sort of thing, but i usually chalk that up to 2012 hysteria along with various oddities occuring. but forgetfulness? not really.

No. I'm speaking about specific forgetfulness. I'm not really believing in 2012, but this thread was the only where "the mind will be affected by magnetic pole shift or solar flares, or by something" was mentioned. This was my primary reason to put this question here. So maybe I can get an answer.

but as far as "the bad stuff" starting in 2011 and peaking at 2012...well considering the amount of signifigance 2011 has had in our first month and a half into it, i can only imagine what's going to happen the rest of the year. as usual i'll go through it with an open, yet skeptical, mind.

I'm usually skeptic in many things. But when I experience things, I love to take up questions and I also love to get answers.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What people forget, and often fail to understand is that humans do not have the ability to accurately predict the future.

I would argue with this by some reason, but this thread is not about this. It would be good, if instead of derailing the thread like (as disinfo agents used to do - this is not for you. It's in general.), answer a simple question;

Have any of you experienced similar things in your area? Have your family members, friends, colleauges are started to forget basic things recently?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

When you zoom out far enough it all comes down to a basic frequency - vibration thing.
I personally have noticed occasional forgetfulness that's described here with myself, but with others I've noticed severe apathy and just absolutely not caring at all about lying, to anyone including themselves. Honesty seems to be phasing out of existence.

Future conspiracy theories will be about people living to age 80 & beyond, and that there was a time when people didn't really lie all the time about everything possible.
edit on 15-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

specific? can you give a more clear example?

yeah, getting other opinions is why i decided to join the forum(along with a curiosity on another subject i had that i hope to get answers for). JREF isn't the only place to discuss skepticism or alternate theories with an open mind(except there it's also discussed with a verbal closed fist, i hope to avoid that here).

(lolbrackets)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

When you zoom out far enough it all comes down to a basic frequency - vibration thing.
I personally have noticed occasional forgetfulness that's described here with myself, but with others I'm noticed severe apathy and just absolutely not caring at all about lying, to anyone including themselves. Honesty seems to be phasing out of existence.

That's also another different thing and I also noticed this. Severe apathy and being careless is also a different symptom what is started to be recent. But forgetting basic things is a bit different story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join