It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "God" lives in a box???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was just reading some fascinating articles on the true nature of Judeo-Christianity, and I suddenly realized that "wow, the "God" of the Jews is one mean *snip*.

I'm sure some Christians will read this, and I have a few questions for them.

Why do you participate in ritualized canabalisim every sunday?
Why do you give worship to a god that, using biblical reference, has symptoms of schizophrenic bi-polar disorder??
Who the hell would ask their "favorite" to butcher his son on some random rock?

Am I really the only one who wonders what kind of "all powerfull, omnipotent deity" would perpetrate such hideous crimes?

What kind of "god" would kill the firstborn of ANY culture
What kind of "god" would have you burn in hell FOREVER if you don't mutilate your penis? Oh and by the way he loves you..LMFAO

You bible bashers should read this. Especially the parts where he tells Moses to slaughter half his followers in cold blood, his OWN PEOPLE.

Good luck defending him. Im sure it will be quite funny.

If any of you "born agains" would like yet another awakening, here is the link to the articles I spoke of.?www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Which one are you speaking of Enki or Enlil?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It may be either, but the Jews, and Christians call him by his Kabbalic name Jehova or, Yaweh.

I like how you think. If I had to guess, it would be Enlil. "He" was by far the more ruthless.

Ponder this. After Solomon had finished building "Gods" temple, why did he suddenly turn against his "god"? Its something to ponder

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The bible was written by man my friend, not God.

Same thing with all the horrible attrocities in the bible....committed by man.

Remember this is a time where you had to believe what the church told you was right, even if it was killing "in the name of God" Your life was at stake if you didn't listen.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

A god named Jack.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22
I was just reading some fascinating articles on the true nature of Judeo-Christianity, and I suddenly realized that "wow, the "God" of the Jews is one mean *snip*.

Me needs blood!

Why do you give worship to a god that, using biblical reference, has symptoms of schizophrenic bi-polar disorder??

Like none of us have our bad days...

He stopped him did he not?

Am I really the only one who wonders what kind of "all powerfull, omnipotent deity" would perpetrate such hideous crimes?

Are you serious? I mean seriously, are you serious? Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 years? People are saying this exact same thing on ATS ever day and do not act like you have not seen it before.

Because god is ethnocentric.

What kind of "god" would have you burn in hell FOREVER if you don't mutilate your penis? Oh and by the way he loves you..LMFAO

Because a mutilated penis is a sign of an obedient human.

You bible bashers should read this. Especially the parts where he tells Moses to slaughter half his followers in cold blood, his OWN PEOPLE.

Aren't bible bashers those who attack the bible?
Oh and maybe it was just Moses hearing things... I mean it was about 3,000 years ago and I doubt they had psychiatrists out in the middle of the desert.

funny?

You cannot actually take anything in our Bible seriously and not because it was necessarily evil but it has been transferred between so many different languages probably only 25% of its real meaning remains.
edit on 2/15/2011 by maria_stardust because: Removed profanity from quote.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Actually I've always thought that 'bible bashers' referred to Christians - they go around bashing people over the head with their bibles trying to convert their poor souls.....

.....or maybe that's just me getting weird mental imagery lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I beat you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost!

link   
Yes misor or what ever, people do post this kind of topic all the time. But I am unique in that I attempt to provide a sound alternative to this religion of blood lust. and i ment bible thumper not basher. I like bible bashers they seem much smarter than the average sheep.

click the link

link   

If any of you "born agains" would like yet another awakening, here is the link to the articles I spoke of.?www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk

Sounds like the work of a Reptilian doesn't it?

Maybe the reptilians took the first born and asked for sacrifices. Who knows, what if the God that people worship is nothing more than some crazy alien who broke the Prime Directive?

Khar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

thats a better answer than the rabbis and decons and other such ilk will give you. good job

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Kryties

I beat you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost!

Amen to that brother!!

Oh wait...........D'OH!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I do not like Bible bashers or thumpers, both seem like morons just screaming about nonsense.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not to mention the story of Cain and Abel where Cain offered the so-called "god' some fruits and vegetables that he had grown himself while Abel offered a slaughtered animal to the "god" and guess who gets the favor? Of course it's Abel this "god" want's blood more than anything, he detests man for growing his own food.

If you want to know more about this click the link given by the OP and read the book that can be freely downloaded on the given site. The information there is astounding and you would know why if you checked it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, not commited by man. Who destroyed Soddom and Gohmorah?? Not man my friend.

Who killed thousands of children in Egypt in a single night?? A Jewish clan of ninjas? No. Go read the bible so you to can shudder in disgust.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

Thank you lateralusicksicksick. I can't believe I left out Cain and Abel. yes people definitely need to question why "god would rather have blood than the fruits of hard labor and ingenuity.

glad there are a few Movers out there

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What kind of "God" lives in a box???,

Well I am really starting to think that my wife worships shoes. Those come in a box. But then again, so do Big Macs and I love those. Oh *snip*. I sold my soul to Mayor McCheese. I'm going to hell. God damn two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun. Ahhhh!! Make it all stop for Christ's sake!! The Hamburglar is Satan!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

this is a highly misunderstood and badly taught tradition. the bible is called the bread of God. so every sabbath(which is the true day of worship that the Roman Catholic church changed for it's own glory(note the Catholic church is most definitely a abomination to God) we are to take in the bread or body of Christ.
or in other words study the bible. !!!! :
:

ummm on better study of the bible you will find that it was never God who changed it was rather the people who "followed" God. they began to worship the creations rather than the creator and were punished for not being the shining example to the rest of the world that he asked them to be.

he was never going to make him butcher his son it was a test to show his allegiance. God, the creator, himself sacrificed his own son(who was in fact himself in the flesh) for the sake of the world. it was a test of his faith. it was God's way of choosing someone who showed they were willing to trust in him because he is the Almighty and trusting that he knows better than we do... which he does

what hideous crimes? he allowed armies to destroy his people because they chose to disobey him. to understand God you have to understand complete morality

do not kill, murder, cheat, steal, commit adultery.... etc. etc.

his people where chosen to be a shining light and example to how we are to live this life. in harmony and peace and when they became evil minded people they were punished... just as a parent disciplines their child. is it wrong for a parent to discipline their child?

i take it your talking about the Pharaoh's first son. i'll sum it down to you this way... does a serial child rapist deserve to die? does someone who takes advantage of the masses deserve the death penalty? do evil dictators deserve death? etc.... these were evil people who ruled the world, and how do you take the ruler ship from that family kill the heir

ok go to matthew 25 and tell me where does he say this is the way to heaven?

here i'll do it for you

matthew 25:35-46
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat;
I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink;
I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36naked, and you clothed Me;
I was sick, and you visited Me;
I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat;
I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in;
naked, and you did not clothe Me;
sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’
44“Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45“Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
46“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

he judges you by the life you chose to live... either you are a good person and go to heaven or your a self-serving person and go to hell... self serving people would be tortured in heaven anyways it goes against the life they chose to lead... a walk in faith is a walk of self sacrifice... he is just. even in his punishments.

edit on 15-2-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No, not commited by man. Who destroyed Soddom and Gohmorah?? Not man my friend.

Who killed thousands of children in Egypt in a single night?? A Jewish clan of ninjas? No. Go read the bible so you to can shudder in disgust.

Strictly arguing from the literary perspective of the stories you cite...

God would have spared S and G had there simply have been 10 righteous people found and one could even argue had Abraham negotiated better he might have lowered that number. Anywho, 10 good people could not be found, only a raging mob whose first response to strangers in town were...let's rape 'em!

Next, according to the story, the Egyptians drew first blood in the baby department by throwing every Jewish male born into the Nile.

Now I know where you are coming from and there are some really what seem to be Jerk moves on the part of God, but consider what the vantage point of a supposed Supreme Being might be and imagine what qualifies as a good or evil act when every single second of every single day is factored from beginning to the end of time.

Third, there are some other jerk moves you forgot to mention about that God of the O.T.

Like the one where he destroyed an entire city except for the local single-mom prostitute and her sons.

or the one where he sends a prejudiced racist Jewish prophet to try to save a Middle Eastern city from destruction.

It's funny...when arabs crash into an American building most folks have no problem crying for their blood, but when God defended the genetic race that He covenanted with Abraham would deliver the Messiah for all humanity people think he is a cruel bastard....

People sure come up with the darndest ideas when they don't want to be accountable to someone for the lives they live, dont' they?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I do not like Bible bashers or thumpers, both seem like morons just screaming about nonsense.

The bible has a lot of great lessons in it man, unfortunatly most of it is based around "fearing God" which is the worst thing you could possiblily do.

Fear is the best means of control and it keeps people from understanding what God is.

If everyone in the world understood God there would be no wars, no famine, no poverty...no conflicts. Only peace and harmony. There would also be no need for governments, which is why religions are pushed on the world.

Religions keep us seperated... and for the most part, so does the bible(s)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join