It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France wants new global finance system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

France wants new global finance system

www.rte.ie

France, as current head of the Group of 20 countries, will help the transition to a global financial system based on 'several international currencies', French Economy Minister Christine Lagarde said today.

Lagarde, speaking ahead of a G20 finance ministers meeting in Paris on Friday and Saturday, said the world had to move on from the 'non-monetary system' it now has to one 'based on several international currencies'.

Accordingly, France wants to see less need for countries, especially the emerging economies, to accumulate huge foreign reserves, she said.

At the same time, inte
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A good idea?

A fresh approach to monetary union, leading to political union and one world government?

Or simply a pre-emptive strike against the exponential growth of the chinese economy, with it's massive forex holdings which devalue the yuan?

It's quite strange to see the French taking the lead on this, as usually, they do what's best for the French rather than the eurozone, or any other zone for that matter.

Of course all countries do this to one extent or another, but usually the French are more fence sitters than lead takers, so this strikes me as somewhat unusual.

The major problem with monetary union or political union is the one we have seen throughout the euro-zone - countries always put their own interests before that of the larger community.

IMO this is why there is such vehement opposition to any form of monetary or political union - because as citizens of our own countries, often steeped in patriotism, many people have no desire to be joined to other countries they see as "weak" or who may not contribute as much to a union.

Put it another way - until we can work out these differences and work together rather than against each other, we will never advance as a species, and our civilisation will more than likely collapse sooner rather than later.

www.rte.ie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

This was already posted yesterday.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
NESARA

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
They been wanting a global currency for the past 20 years , IMO it would be a good idea to go to a world credit system , it would eliminate a lot of B.S that's going on in the world

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
They been wanting a global currency for the past 20 years , IMO it would be a good idea to go to a world credit system , it would eliminate a lot of B.S that's going on in the world

you work for the TPTB???

well be prepared for insane inflation and more people starving...
what currency are they going to use to set value that's the troubling part...
remember value of the dollar is not so great and if it is a gold backed currency might get even worse... i am no economist professional nor do i know everything but that change would be a painful change.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The French people ain't going to like this.

Some prices STILL have a French Franc equivalent to help the old folk understand the value and to continue the French tradition of keeping history and traditional values alive. Imagine how annoyed they'd be if they had another change in currency?

This story should be titled "French overpaid bureaucrats who don't work for France want global finance system to make personal profit (again) from the changeover"

Sucks!
edit on 15/2/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Was just talking about this with a friend this morning, didn't know of the new French lady announcement. My opinion is that IMF=BAD. Having a one-world currency is a bad idea. The currency of the world are it's goods for trading. The money is basically a middle man to us. We've gone from money actually representing the bit you have in gold, to simply "needing" it.

Are we all this blind? Do we really trust the string pullers who kill and slaughter and starve the people of the world, to be the ones to control that?

I for one refuse to accept an international currency, or a continental currency (en.wikipedia.org...), or anything abolishing cash.
Cash is bad enough, but you can bet if there was a new currency for all there would be no cash. Welcome to your whole life controlled and stored on a little credit card.

What we're seeing is the illusion of america's wealth dissolve, and the fake money we supposedly have is non-existent. So countries don't want us to be setting the standard, as we're going to get worse off as far as dollar value goes. If the amero money thing happens, you can expect even more issues...
it's all part of the plan....the question is, will we let the rule-making opressors regain the grip they're so quickly losing on us all?
Not a chance - -
edit on 15-2-2011 by skylightsintheillions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

A good idea?

Considering the alternatives it is the best one I can see. As for the French leading the discussions, good on them. The conservation is going to get quite passionate at times as different understandings of the economy and interests start to clash. Internationally the economy is a mess with heaps of looting going on all over the place. By unifying the basic economic principles it is going to help limit some of the corruption going on and help create a more level playing field. This will promote more competition than conflict as nations are playing the same game with the same rules. It is in the national interest of all nations to stabilise the global economy.

The alternative is to continue the economic imbalances and promote financial hostilities between nations. The process of globalisation will fracture as the different sets of economic rules creates rifts and exploitations for those that know where to look. This will promote more conflict than competition as nations are playing the same game with different rules.

reply to post by GodofWar411

well be prepared for insane inflation and more people starving... what currency are they going to use to set value that's the troubling part... remember value of the dollar is not so great and if it is a gold backed currency might get even worse...

Parts of the American economy are already in hyperinflation thanks to the GFC, Fed and many other entrenched problems. The new global currency is called a SDR (Special Drawing Right). It started as a way to help facilitate transactions between nations. It is not backed by gold, but by a collection of currencies and therefore indirectly whatever those currencies are backed by. The USD has some big issues going on and the world does not want to get burnt when it falls. By linking all the global currencies together it will help create a safety net to disperse some of the shockwaves as currencies crumble. If anything this will help save Americas ass as it goes into bankruptcy, it won't take all the pain away though.

you work for the TPTB???

No, just an concerned individual trying to maintain a responsible self determination. If I have an agenda then this is it www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2011 by kwakakev because: added spaces

edit on 15-2-2011 by kwakakev because: spelling 'it is'

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

My opinion is that IMF=BAD.

Looking at their history, absolutely. What has recently changed is that the G20 has taken over policy direction from the CFR and Trilateral commission. The CRF and Trilateral organisations still have a strong influence around Washington and have implemented a lot of bad policy over the years. With the G20 taking over it is providing a lot more global review to the important decisions that are to be made. The IMF is in a good position to know where the problems are and has lots of infrastructure in global economic issues. There are still risks with all this but has anyone got any better ideas in how to fix the global economy? I do really want to avoid going back into the dark ages.

The main problem I have with the CFR and the Trilateral Commission is how they value money over people. The value in money comes from the labour of people. They are effectively killing the goose that lays the golden egg.
edit on 15-2-2011 by kwakakev because: added problem with CFR and Trilateral

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

....Put it another way - until we can work out these differences and work together rather than against each other, we will never advance as a species, and our civilisation will more than likely collapse sooner rather than later....

Ok lets actually look at the real facts of a "world government" vs a "local government"

I am going to use some extreme examples:
SMALL:
My area was hard hit by Hurricane Dennis more than a decade ago. Flood waters cut off roads in two directions and in the third, a very big oak with a trunk the size of my dually pick up truck, blocked the road. The neighbors and my spouse and I gathered our chainsaws and cut the tree in two places. It was so large my dually could not move it. so we used the dually and a mammoth tractor. We kept clearing the road with chainsaws and trucks and tractors until we met another gang doing the same coming in our direction. We had the roads clear in less than a day. The state did not show up for over a WEEK! THAT is the advantage of SMALL - a very quick response time.

LARGE GOVERNMENT:
Here is how bureaucracy handles the aftermath of another hurricane - Katrina:
FEMA tells first responders not to respond until told to do so. FEMA News 2005 Aug 29

FEMA won't accept Amtrak's help in evacuations. FEMA News 2005 Aug 29

Offer of helicopters for rescue work is rejected. Narcosphere 2005 Sept 1

FEMA blocks 500 Florida airboat pilots from rescue work. Sun Sentinel 2005 Sept 2

FEMA to Chicago: Send just one truck. Chicago Tribune 2005 Sept 2

FEMA turns back volunteer Sheriff's deputies and medical team. Unknown News 2005 Sept 2

FEMA bars morticians from entering New Orleans. Tri Valley Central 2005 Sept 2

Pentagon says military mission in New Orleans is combat, not rescue. Army Times 2005 Sept 2

FEMA blocks 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid. Daily Kos 2005 Sept 3

Homeland Security won't let Red Cross deliver food. Post Gazette 2005 Sept 3

Military turns back flood survivors trying to leave city. Thousands held at gunpoint and locked up in Superdome. Reuters 2005 Sept 3

FEMA fails to utilize Navy ship with 600-bed hospital onboard. Chicago Tribune 2005 Sept 4

FEMA cuts local emergency communications phone lines. Meet the Press 2005 Sept 4

FEMA turns away experienced firefighters. Daily Kos 2005 Sept 5

FEMA turns back Wal-Mart supply trucks. NY Times 2005 Sept 5

FEMA prevents Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel. NY Times 2005 Sept 5

Navy pilots who rescued victims are reprimanded. NY Times 2005 Sept 7

US government turns back German plane with 15 tons of aid. Star Tribune 2005 Sept 10

FEMA officials forbid stores from re-opening. Sheriff defies their order and threatens to arrest them. (Article near the bottom of page.) Times-Picayune 2005 Sept 11

FEMA declines volunteer firemen for rescue operations. Uses them to distibute public relations pamphlets. Salt Lake Tribune 2005 Sept 12

FEMA orders doctor to stop treating hurricane victims. Advocate 2005 Sept 16

FEMA ignores offer of busses for evacuation of New Orleans. Chicago Tribune 2005 Sept 23

IF that doesn't turn you off about BIG Government bureauracy then read about why the worlds's top foot-and-mouth experts were ignored, and what really lay behind an anti-vaccination campaign in the UK. A UN policy that lead to the mass slaughter of millions of livestock and left piles of dead caresses dotting the landscape. www.warmwell.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I agree, the fix to our global economy is to forget about this big propoganda joke called globalization!

Small groups of people can find balance and peace amongst themselves far easier than some large group who, even if well-intentioned (a miracle), cannot logistically oversee help and make decisions on behalf of all of it's people.

Humans are not meant to live like sheep, herded and told what to do. Our greatest trait is our creativity and our spirit, which is basically being drowned and attempted to be abolished in our day and age. Pharma companies injecting us with chemicals which presumeably heal us (we are sicker than ever) and are proven to have adverse effects on creativity, vitality, energy, inspiration.

Just look at the whole thing with ADD/ADHD. Everyone wanted to put their kid on it if they even had a bit of energy that didn't conform to our school system. Parents didn't realize the difference between schools now and schools then. The game has changed.

Our money is a hollow and useless thing at this point, we are truly addicted to it, including myself. I use money out of a current necessity, but this money we use is backed by nothing, the only thing it represents is our enslavement to the system.

Would a leader in a small community, say 100 people, really be able to get away with such an asinine agenda? No way in hell.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You confuse big US government (corrupt) with what may very well be a necessity in years to come.

Take government by corporation out of the equation, and it's a whole different ballgame.

End the corruption and it's a whole different ballgame.

Bring in powerfull regional assemblys, coupled with represetation at various levels, minus the factos above, and guess what?
It's a whole different ballgame.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

.....Would a leader in a small community, say 100 people, really be able to get away with such an asinine agenda? No way in hell.

RIGHT!

That is why the Constitution was very careful to spell out the powers of the Federal Government and to be VERY restrictive.

The Supreme Court Justices that played fast and loose with the interpretation especially the nine old men who gave us the present warped reading of the "commerce clause" should have benn HUNG DRAWN and QUARTERED!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes, I'm seeing it positively as I could relate to the vulcans in star trek. The important thing to note is that the positivity and good must be what is sought after. We must tear down our current assaults on humanity, and then we can all rediscover freedom which all of us (to a certain degree, some more than others) are being denied or stolen from.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
France, a country that has had a strong communist presence since WWII, is now chiming in with the IMF (which called for a replacement to the USD as the "world's reserve currency"). Are we (and the dollar) being set up by globalist interests??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
France, a country that has had a strong communist presence since WWII, is now chiming in with the IMF (which called for a replacement to the USD as the "world's reserve currency"). Are we (and the dollar) being set up by globalist interests??

The USD has been slowly replaced by the Euro for quite some ttime now - one of the reasons for the attack on Iraq and the current propaganda regarding Iran is that they stopped trading for oil in USD and switched to the Euro.

This may simply be France flexing her anti US muscles and paving the way for a fairer system not based on economic imperialism.

Then again, it may be something else entirely...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

This may simply be France flexing her anti US muscles and paving the way for a fairer system not based on economic imperialism.

France is just hosting and chairing the debate. It is up to the G20 to make the decision.

Membership: The G-20 is made up of the finance ministers and central bank governors of 19 countries: Argentina Australia Brazil Canada China France Germany India Indonesia Italy Japan Mexico Russia Saudi Arabia South Africa Republic of Korea Turkey United Kingdom United States of America

www.g20.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I know that - but it still seems strange that France has gone public in an arena where they are traditionally quiet, at least in the media, until they want to stir it up a bit to the detriment of others...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join