It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011 billboards...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just recently started noticing these signs around town. I didn't even notice them until I heard this "satanist" talking about it last week on Coast. I pointed one of these signs out to my wife as we were driving home from work and she said they've been up for a while but didn't point them out to me because I was driving.

Anyhow, I was watching the movie Knowing last night and visited the IMDB website while I was watching. The trivia mentioned the Gulf oil rig disaster/fire featured in the movie - and how this became fact shortly after on April 21, 2010. The point I'm trying to get at was I found it odd/funny that in this movie, the end of the world was on Oct 19th, 2009. I've never heard of the end of the world scenario on 10/21/11 until last week, but re-watching Knowing last night and they had 10/19/09 - being off by 2 digits on the date and year - hmm... Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Recently i have been seeing these "May 21 2011 Judgement day" billboards all over Houston and I-10 area, could not read the details though

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This seems very odd, is it a promotion for a movie? I will be sure to keep an eye out for anything like this but most of our billboards are for McDonalds around here...Go figure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Personally, I'm bummed, thats my 48th birthday (May 21st)...nothing like answering for all your sins on your birthday

edit on 14-2-2011 by deadbang because: added date

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Did a quick Google search to see if I could find pics of this billboard and found a news article from my local tv news station. Video link is at the site below:

www.news10.net...

SACRAMENTO COUNTY, CA - Billboards bearing the date May 21, 2011, as the day the world will end have popped up all across Sacramento County. "The billboard indicates that Christ is returning, which all Christians believe in that," said John Ralich. The billboard reads: "Joy to the world. The Lord is coming. May 21, 2011." "How they arrived at that date, I have no clue. If it is true that Christ is coming, it would be the end of the world," said Ralich. The billboard also lists radio station 88.1 FM FamilyRadio.com. News10 tried to reach ministry leader Harold Camping at Family Radio Worldwide, based in Oakland, but he was not available. However, News10 learned Camping calculated the May 21 date based on his reading of the Bible. He also broadcasts over the airwaves every evening, talking about May 21, 2011. Some argue May 21 is judgement day. Ralich, who owns and operates Silver Star Motors, the Carmichael business right across the street from a billboard on Fair Oaks Boulevard, said, "The date is May 21, 2011, which doesn't mean much to me at all. It's just another day. If the Bible had record of that, then I would pay attention to it." Ralich does believe in Judgment Day. "It'll be totally different than what this billboard is indicating right now," Ralich said. Ralich said Camping and his group have posted other billboard messages before. In fact, they've posted one other judgment date in the past that has not panned out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
This seems very odd, is it a promotion for a movie? I will be sure to keep an eye out for anything like this but most of our billboards are for McDonalds around here...Go figure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Hey... I noticed the time you posted. Check out my signature. I see this number all the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
Recently i have been seeing these "May 21 2011 Judgement day" billboards all over Houston and I-10 area, could not read the details though

Seen one here in Ohio this past Saturday.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
for some reason my first thoughts were that this would be the date that duke nukem forever gets released but apparently that will happen on the 3d of may.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow

This is some SERIOUS religious cult fanatic propaganda sh1t ..... even some Chinese newspapers have talked about this ..... now they are even put on big billboards arong the country. Make me think that something is up.....people sit tight and enjoy a wild ride (Hopefully this ride will be like those in Six-Flags-Mountain).

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We have one in Georgia too. One side of the billboard is English the other side Spanish. Says judgement day is May 21st 2011. My friend, who is a minister, just laughed and said it was crazy. Pretty big billboard in high income area and doublesided so must of cost a pretty penny.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BishopLord

There's one in my town as well, I'm currently living in Tijuana, Mexico.
So this is international propaganda going on. What's the source of all this?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.may-212011.com...

I have read the information at the site a few times. I know the bible talks about true & false prophets. Both will/can be known for signs & wonders. SO, it is possible? that maybe this guy, Camping, a prophet? of God, may be onto something..
I have no idea, but I do know that a lot of CRAZY things are going on in the world & it's speeding up.
OK I just went & read the site again today.. some of the dates that he has do not add up / imo.
ie he has date of creation 11,000 bc & the flood at apx 4900 bc. That doesn't match other research.
I do however believe we are in end days, before The Lord's Return. If something happens & this month it would not surprise me.. not sure what to make of this guy or the May21st date.

edit on 4-5-2011 by 0731JLVR because: edit

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The 17th day of the 2nd month from the biblical calendar to our gegorian calendar is MAY 21! See. Thats where the date comes from. Not out of some mans hat or vision or dream. Please do more research on this. It could be that God is trying to tell you something before its too late. Also all the signs are undeniable. "Jesus said there would be earthquakes in diverse places, wars and rumors of wars, signs in the sky (maybe ufo's), and the wind and the wave roaring. He said "when you see these things look up for your redemption draws nigh." God has unsealed the bible talked about in the book of revelation that had 7 seals in these last days. 1 thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Remember that everytime God talks about coming as a thief in the night He is talking about those who are not "watching". He will come as a thief to all those who are unsaved. God never said that no man can know the day or hour, He said that no man knows the day or hour. He was talking about during the whole church age that ended in 1988 that know man did know. Now we do.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Okay, can a "ender" (patent pending) please explain something to me.

Since we recently have discovered the Biblical calendar of history on the pages of the Bible, we find that the flood of Noah’s day occurred in the year 4990 BC. This date is completely accurate (for further information on the Biblical timeline of history, please go to: www.familyradio.com). It was in the year 4990 BC that God revealed to Noah that there would be yet 7 days until the flood of waters would be upon the earth. Now, if we substitute 1000 years for each one of those 7 days, we get 7000 years. And when we project 7000 years into the future from 4990 BC, we find that it falls on the year 2011 AD.

4990 + 2011 = 7001

Note: When counting from an Old Testament date to a New Testament date, always subtract one year because there is no year zero, resulting in:

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7000 years exactly.

The year 2011 AD will be the 7000th year from the flood of Noah’s day. It will be the end of the length of time given to mankind to find grace in God’s sight. This means that the time to find refuge in Christ has grown extremely short. We are only a little ways off from the year 2011 AD!

It is not unusual that God’s people have been given insight into the timing of the end of the world. Actually, the Bible tells us this is normally the case. In times past, God has warned His people of approaching periods of judgment:

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

JUDGMENT DAY: MAY 21st, 2011

www.ebiblefellowship.com...

So 1 day equals 1000 years. I can deal with that. 4990 BC is when god told Noah that there would be yet 7 days(7000 years) before the great flood. I can hang with that. So 4990BC+ 7000 = 2011 AD. Got it.

My question, didn't this flood already happen? Like, a long time ago? Or is Noah still alive in an astral ark somewhere waiting until god's very dry flood is over?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
these people all need to drink the jim jones kool aid and be done with it. im so sick of #in christains. you love god so much and cant wait to go to heaven. GO!!!!! and if you dont wanna commit suicide then line up aginst a wall and ill kill you no problem. im so happy i dont hafta gawk at those stupid brainless billboards or hear there stupid #in commericals. i wish there were some up here so i could just tag "WHO CARES!!!!" them.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine saw one this week here in Mississippi. She said it said RAPTURE MAY 21, 2011......EXPECT DELAYS...lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We have the billboards here as well , and in the downtown core there was people canvassing with placards and handing out pamphlets..... i for one think there all right off there rockers, allthough I have a hard time beleiving any religion. Yet I for one am gonna kick myself if I wake up saturday and half my neighborhood has peaced out LoL

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Go ahead and tally another billboard up in Colorado, and some wanderers in the downtown area wearing shirts proclaiming 05/21/11 as Judgement Day.

I honestly had no idea this ideology had generated such a following, I had read about it years ago but never really thought much of it, especially in comparison to the wide spread belief of 2012.

In the end, I think that Saturday will pass just like any other has - however - I do believe in Self Fulfilling Prophesies, If you believe something will happen enough, it will happen for you. Am i saying there will be a rapture? No. But with enough crazy people in one area to believe something like this, we can certainly expect some crazy s#it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Wow

This is some SERIOUS religious cult fanatic propaganda sh1t ..... even some Chinese newspapers have talked about this ..... now they are even put on big billboards arong the country. Make me think that something is up.....people sit tight and enjoy a wild ride (Hopefully this ride will be like those in Six-Flags-Mountain).

Signs are here in Memphis too...

Makes me think that this is some Project Blue Beam sh$$

top topics

join