It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most problems occur because of lack of money not because something can't be done.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Recently I encountered a problem with my car; the turn signal switch is broken. This is an easy fix but only if you have money. I took my car to four different mechanics they told me this can be fixed; this was agreed upon. They than gave me a total quote of $500-$650 for parts/labor etc.
It hit me really hard that most problems occur due to a lack of money not because something can't be done. For example solar power can be harnessed easily from the sun but most people don' t do because of the upfront cost.
The homeless problem could be solved because we have the ablity,land and space to build more homes. We have foreclose homes sitting empty. They CAN be fixed but due to a lack of money they sit empty.
Think of all the world's problems; there is usually a fix to most things even preparing for natural diasters. Homes can be built to withstand diasters better; we have the technology but due to lack of money we can't do this. There are dieases that could be cured but due to money they can not.
The lack of money is the biggest issue we face as a nation, as a world and as a people. If we can somehow think of a way to elminate money then we can solve most problems from crimes to diease. How many other people have problems they can't fix only because the lack the funds not because it can't be done?
Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Think about crime for a moment how many crimes would not exist if money did not exist.Would prostution even exist if we did not need money so bad? What about bank robberies or grand theft auto? Many murders are linked to money. Don't get me wrong we will still have crime but at a much lower rate.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A few thoughts to your interesting thread:

1) Homelessness will NEVER be fixed by throwing money at the problem. Every culture WILL have a segment of its population wandering around without a fixed residence. Witness LBJ's "great society" - a mammoth, statist and massively pretentious spending program to the tune of a trillion dollars that was and is a miserable failure.

2) Your title reminded me of something my grandpop used to say (at least half-way tongue in cheek) - "There aren't too many problems that can't be fixed with a fist full of hundreds and a thirty ought-six!"

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yes homelessness can't be fixed 100% in our current society. Money is not a real solution but giving people hope is a better one. We don't live in a world of ideals thought but in a world that relies on a fake security or money. I say it is fake because if it becomes so devalued it could be worth less than the paper is was printed upon.
Take Zimbabwee for example; for a time vendors stopped taking the Zimbabwee dollar and only wanted gold. People had to pan for gold to eat. It took more than a handful of money to buy a loaf of bread. They had a trillion dollar bill that was the equivlant of $3 or $4 american dollars.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
'Money' is a brutal human concept with no reality in nature whatsoever. It is on a par with 'law'.

It was originally conceived by the old and infirm, to enslave the young and capable.

Your mechanic had to quote you a hugely inflated price for repair to cover parts costs, rent, taxes, payroll, and the lawyer fees for his divorce and child support payments.

You, being young and capable, have three choices- the first of which is based on physical reality: repair it yourself for minimum cost, pay the mechanic, or ignore the problem and be 'fined' monetarily by the 'law'.

This entire system of 'permission' from 'authority' to 'purchase' goods and services for 'money' is pure psychological warfare with no basis in physics or biology.

There has to be another way.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Chakotay because: After considering the human concept of 'money', the Galactic Council voted unanimously for human extinction.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have always said money is the root of all evil.

Everything is always about money. I was actually thinking about this the other day how everything you want to do involves money 99% of the time.

I feel you on your car. My car sat for a year because I didn't have the money to pay for it to be on the road. I finally had it done this year when a good friend paid to have it done so I could find a better job. If it wasn't for him it would still be in my garage. It sucked because I own my own car and it is just sitting. I was miserable for a while without it because I couldn't go or do anything.

I have never cared about having money but it is nice to have when things like this happen. Like you said it's not because something can't be done because it can it just involves money. I need to go see a doctor but can't because I have no insurance and it's too expensive to go. So I will just have to deal with it myself which makes it hard but I'm use to it.

Money causes more problems than anything. Just look at the world and you will see it.

People are starving all over the world and they shouldn't but money is involved as usual and they do. It's sad.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

The only problem with fixing myself is my car is rigged in such a way that if I try to open up the steering panel myself the air bag will deploy. I think Kia does that on purpose insuring they get the money to fix it. All the mechanics I talked to told me that is too dangerous to fix it myself. I know nothing of car repair and because of that fact. I made my problem worse unitentionally.
They only part that will fit with my car is the KIA switch. The mechanic can order it from KIA but the price is the same no matter where I go.
The part alone will costs $250! If I knew an auto mechanic he could fix it for me. IN fact if money did not matter the car would be designed differently so anyone could fix it themselves if they wanted. Without money as a factor cars would be built better and not so specfic to each model.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is actually on post on here that has a link for the Ziegist movement. In the begginning of the video at around the 8 minute mark the founder of the Venus Project sums up why money causes problems. Resources are wasted. There is another post on here about wasted food and I am sure many other subjects on the matter of wated resources.
2 malls sit empty and abandoned near me; they are wasted resources. People need jobs and housing so why should these resources remain wasted?
Entire cities can go bankrupt and countries because of lack of money. We have the skills, resources and brians to fix most problem in our society.
IN the examples of the malls; it is not because we do not have people who know how to rebuild them or we do not have businessed or people to fill them but because of lack of money they sit empty..wasted.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

One practical suggestion: look for mechanics in your area on Yelp.com- the peer review comments on Yelp may help you find the knight in shining armor of car repair in your area.

In the 1960's we made nonprofit co-op's for food, farm supplies etc. but I don't see much of that kind of co-operative enterprise anymore, especially in car repair. Its amazing families don't stick together like in China- there, you could take it to Cousin Li and trade some cabbages for the repair...
edit on 13-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Its amazing families don't stick together like in China- there, you could take it to Cousin Li and trade some cabbages for the repair.

Still alive and well. I have traded unused cans of R-12 refrigerant for mechanical work neither of us had any problem with that. Just don't expect people to give you their work or skill for free.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have been asking myself these questions over the past 5 years and my partner and I have put together a website with all the research we have been doing ,the website has only been started over the last few weeks so i would be grateful for any input, feel free to have a look and hopefully you will find it interesting. My aim is to try to collate as much interesting videos which will ask the most important questions. We are living in such an amazing time.
My website is www.globalconspiracy.co.uk
I would be interested in any views.

www.globalconspiracy.co.uk

top topics

join