It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 Blackbird / Aurora

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Some say the SR-71 was replaced by the Aurora, but how can you people belive that there is an Aurora? It is said to go up to Mach20 and the fastest we got is Mach7. Do you think it exists and can go that fast or do you belive that it exists and doesn't go that fast? I thought the SR-71 was great though and could have gone a couple years more because it is cheaper than sattelites.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think it exist and it goes that fast using a ramjet engine. It's absolutely possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I was part of a team that Researched Aurora. Our evidence suggests that Aurora is real and might be some kind of space plane. Now, I do have an oppinion on the Blackbird that might surprize you: I Don't think it should have been retired. From what we learned the Aurora and the Blackbird have very different capibilities and limitations. Based on that assessment, I think the Aurora and the Blackbird would have been most effective as complementry systems, similar to the way they use the F-15 and F-16 together.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pATTONME
I think it exist and it goes that fast using a ramjet engine. It's absolutely possible.

How come it doesn't get torn up from that high of a speed? Also, how long of a runway does it have and where is the runway and the plane?

Originally posted by ghost
I think the Aurora and the Blackbird would have been most effective as complementry systems, similar to the way they use the F-15 and F-16 together.

So are you saying they should be a team? I do agree the Blackbird should not have retired.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by MooMix3]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey calm down moomix this plane is a black project and very top secret you expect us to know all of your questions calm down we don't know everything about it and what we do know is speculation not real facts.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I read about research using the SR-71 as a LOW SPEED testbed for engines which I now understand belong to the aurora, this was 20 years ago!

most of the best speculation points to a "pulsed ramjet" engine,
rudimentarily similar to the nazi buzz bombs of WW2

The SR-71 is "Officially" retired but I believe a small number to still be in use.

In answer to the original question ..Yes, I believe it to exist and believe it to be possibly FASTER than mach 20.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by cyberpilot]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I read about research using the SR-71 as a LOW SPEED testbed for engines which I now understand belong to the aurora, this was 20 years ago!

most of the best speculation points to a "pulsed ramjet" engine,
rudimentarily similar to the nazi buzz bombs of WW2

The SR-71 is "Officially" retired but I believe a small number to still be in use.

In answer to the original question ..Yes, I believe it to exist and believe it to be possibly FASTER than mach 20.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by cyberpilot]

theres pics and video of it, it dose.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In case you fellas didn't know, the SR-71 was officially retired, but a few of them were eventually put back into active service some time in the late 90's. Don't have ddetails here, but you can research this easily. It was realized, that the plane filled a niche that no satelite or other spy plane could.

As for the 'pulsed ramjet' speculatinon, did you (cyberpilot) mean pulse-detonation engine?

Rumors and current research on the subject is that pulse detonation wave engines are going to be the thing of the future, propelling these vehicles up to and beyond the mach20 speculation.

And as for how fast the SR-71 and A12 were... from what I remember, on any high speed run that the planes did, it's speed was never recorded with full afterburner. The Mach 3+ figure is it's cruising speed. F-22 ain't the only jet that can 'supercruise'.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
well first off you should have just searched ats instead of creating this thread, people need to stop making aurora threads. Then you should read the aurora aircraft research project. All of your questions are answered there. I doubt it uses a ramjet but it is possible and i see why you think that but if it used a ramjet it would have to be almost always go supersonic , it couldnt refeul in air, and a ramjet would limit its performance. unless it was launched from another plane.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hey calm down moomix this plane is a black project and very top secret you expect us to know all of your questions calm down we don't know everything about it and what we do know is speculation not real facts.

I know you don't know everything but is there any material that can survive speeds like mach20?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with this but my dad is a pilot and he say the sr71 take off one time and took some pics and some guards asked for the film and he gave it to them. he told me he saw it some place in England i think it was mildinhale i dont know how to spell it. he said it was amazing told me after take off it went vertical and into the sky and this was in the early 80's so imagen what kind of planes we have know....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Gov
he told me he saw it some place in England i think it was mildinhale i dont know how to spell it. he said it was amazing told me after take off it went vertical and into the sky and this was in the early 80's so imagen what kind of planes we have know....

A plane that takes off vertically!? Sounds like a X-35 or some X plane. Or possibly the Auro. . . . nah, never mind

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooMix3

Originally posted by WestPoint23

I know you don't know everything but is there any material that can survive speeds like mach20?

Of course the space shuttle enters orbit around Mach 26, Your forgetting the higher you go the less oxygen there is, therefore less wind resistence.

And I think the aurora is either a scram-jet or a PDE.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I was part of a team that Researched Aurora. Our evidence suggests that Aurora is real and might be some kind of space plane. Now, I do have an oppinion on the Blackbird that might surprize you: I Don't think it should have been retired. From what we learned the Aurora and the Blackbird have very different capibilities and limitations. Based on that assessment, I think the Aurora and the Blackbird would have been most effective as complementry systems, similar to the way they use the F-15 and F-16 together.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

I agree with you on the blackbird should not have been retired. The US still needs a plane thats fills its role as they still use the U2 which does the same thing just not as good as the blackbird did it. The blackbird was shot at almost 4,000 times and never hit. no american pilot has ever died in its entire service flying the blackbird a fact that no other american plane can claim. Although the B-2 is making a run at it. This plane was retired I think because there was something better to take its place. I think the U2 is still flown because what ever replaced the blackbird is not in great numbers yet and the U2 are so cheap to fly they are used to pick up the slack that is caused by lack of numbers.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
well ofcourse materials exist that can survive mach 20 space shuttles do it and it does either use a scramjet or PDWE. if this moomix guy would read the aurora aircraft research project he would no this stuff.and a bunch of planes take off vertically the harrier the JSF very many.

MBF

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

no american pilot has ever died in its entire service flying the blackbird a fact that no other american plane can claim.

January 25,1966, Jim Zwayer killed in SR-71A 64-17952.
July 30, 1966, Ray Torick killed in M-21 60-6941.
January 5,1967, Walt Ray killed in A-12 60-6928.
June 5,1968, Jack Weeks killed in A-12 60-6932.
Four dead out of 19 birds lost.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by MBF]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I should have said none have died as a result of enemy action. I was trying to make the point that for all intensive purposes that plane was invincible to enemy countries. Also the A-12 was the test veresion of the plane The M-21 is an A-12-like aircraft designed to launch the once ultra-secret D-21 Drone. So I really would not count those deaths as that of the SR-71 blackbird

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My interpretation of the post that mentioned the Blackbird going vertical after take off was not that it went up like a Harrier but rather that it pointed its nose upwards and went into full burner to climb like a rocket, RAF Lightnings used to be able to do the same (I miss those babies!) and I remember seeing the trick performed at Finningley in the '80's.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It wouldn't be too hard for the Black Bird to do that its engines are so powerful it might feel like a rocket to the pilot but wouldn't there be some heavy G's involved with taking off like that?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I should have said none have died as a result of enemy action. I was trying to make the point that for all intensive purposes that plane was invincible to enemy countries. Also the A-12 was the test veresion of the plane The M-21 is an A-12-like aircraft designed to launch the once ultra-secret D-21 Drone. So I really would not count those deaths as that of the SR-71 blackbird

The SR71 and the A12 are not the same aircraft. The A12 was not the 'test' version. The A12 was comissioned and used by the CIA during the height of the cold war. The SR71 was derived from the A12 and used by the USAF mostly with a few being flown by the CIA during the 70's and 80's.

If you check with Lockheed-Martin, they list them as two separate aircraft projects.

Aurora is probably the result of development of the loser of the SR71 contract. The fabled 'Kingfish' or 'Astra' was capable of higher speeds, better performance and best of all, hardly anyone knew about it. It had it's official specs 'lowered' so that the SR71 would win the contract to allow the 'Kingfish' to turn into a 'deep black' project.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join