It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul smear machine already in full effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Every single mention I hear/see on the radio or tv of his two cpac wins is framing him in a negative way.

The sarcastic "he does well with young kids" like everyone who voted for him is a pretentious internet-dwelling, politico wannabe, college student just trying to have some fun.

"Oh these are just straw polls" as if they wouldn't be popping champagne and setting off fireworks if the mainstream candidates pulled two in a row at the very start.

Then they frame it like he's only using this to earn more money.

I want to make this thread but I just can't keep typing. I want to reach out and strangle these people. They go way out of their way to avoid ever mentioning the guy until he gets to the point where they have to talk about him, because he's winning the events they put on to see who people like... and there isn't one nice thing to say. Anything that sounds nice turns into a backhanded comment or a baseless cheapshot.

Preceded and followed by glowing accolades for his (historically, demonstrably; inferior) opponents of course...

They act like the people who he's clearly many steps ahead of are doing so much better, and it just burns me up that there are retards out there that are going to go out and parrot/tow that line...
edit on 13-2-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

aslong as he lives, there is hope. the media is very odd in the us compared to other countries but the internet will put a change to that sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I support Ron Paul, but unfortunately he is unelectable for the presidency. Further if he were elected, his assassination would likely take place even before his inauguration. TPTB can tolerate him where he is now, but if he gained real power, they would kill him quick. No, we get the leaders we deserve. We are a nation of sheep, we refuse to leave the tv and the buffet to address the real issues of our nation. Thus we shall be herded and led as sheep.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I support Ron Paul, but unfortunately he is unelectable for the presidency.

Can't help but feel like people that say this are part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ron Paul for president. I still have my yard sign from four years ago.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I can't agree with you more on this. Anytime someone has views that don't fall into line with either party they're ridiculed or isolated. Ross Perot experienced similar problems when he was running for president. I hope Ron Paul starts picking up momentum both on the internet and in speaking engagements. I really feel the forces that are in control in both political parties, have a mutual interest to belittle and demean 3rd party and nonconformist candidates. I can't say there is no better time than now to have Ron Paul elected as president. His views reflect the majority of Americans. When I speak about what he believes in with some of my democratic and republican friends, they're surprised that they both agree with a majority of his views. I hate that he's labeled under the republican party banner instead of as a 3rd party candidate. But than again, it may be the only way he can gain attention and generate enough votes to get him into office.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I noticed he flashed "hand signs" similar to Richard Nixon again.
Explain what that means?
Emulating a dude like Nixon is bizzar...right?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It means a bunch of bologna that has nothing to do with this topic.
He was blinking in morse code too, but you have to really pay attention to catch that...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, they have to attack him and they have to do so preemptively. People must not be allowed to hear his message. He is a threat to institutions that are considered "untouchable": the IRS, the military industrial complex, our deeply flawed monetary system via the "Federal Reserve", and expansive government powers like warrantless spying on citizens.

Their goal is to brainwash people to the point that when they hear the words "Ron Paul", they automatically shut down and dismiss him.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
He was blinking in morse code too, but you have to really pay attention to catch that...

Dude, nice try at dyflection...
It is exactly on topic the recent speech at cpac and the straw pole vote for Pres...not some mayors race!
Answer my questions!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wish he were younger. He's too old for the job.
That's not age-ism .. that's just a fact.
It takes a massive toll on whoever is in .. at whatever age.
A fella his age wouldn't last long.
I WANT to vote for him ... but ....
For me to vote for him I'd have to know he's got a great VP lined up.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

No seriously, this thread isn't about hand signals or any other such... drivel.
Talking about that crap is actually a type of smearing him I guess, because people might associate him with something some loon typed on the internet about him.

Really, start a new thread about it, just keep it out of this discussion because it's 100% off topic unless we're talking about you being the one smearing him...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Why are people saying that he is unelectable?
Is there any truth to this or are they just repeating what Donald T said?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Granite

No seriously, this thread isn't about hand signals or any other such... drivel.
Talking about that crap is actually a type of smearing him I guess, because people might associate him with something some loon typed on the internet about him.

Really, start a new thread about it, just keep it out of this discussion because it's 100% off topic unless we're talking about you being the one smearing him...

The truth is you all are flashing satanic fraternity hands signs at the beginning of a public speech as a candidate for President of United States...why?
Ron Paul / Satan in 2012 "Change You Believe In"
Is this what you meant to express?

edit on 13-2-2011 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Anyone who says they support Ron Paul, but that he is unelectable should be ashamed of themselves. Yes, it will be difficult. I know the hurdles that must be faced. It may fail, but let no man say I did nothing in the time of greatest need.

If you sit on the sidelines unwillingly to ever put yourself into the struggle, or face the scorn of the mainstream you should not be surprised by the end of your way of life. The refusal to participate with knowledge of what is at stake is far worse than being caught up in false right/left paradigms. At least they have the excuse of not comprehending what is going on. Those who are "awake" and refuse to do anything except sit in smug satisfaction that they have it figured out while the "sheep" are lost disgust me. That attitude has no place in these times. Do what little you can even if it only telling friends and family about alternative politicians and ideas. Better yet, pass out fliers. Cold call(I know it sucks.) Anything you do is better than nothing. Write a blog, post on facebook, engage political people in discussion in real life or online. Please do something. You let the powers that be win every time you concede to do nothing when you know that something must be done.

The hand sign issue is not new. Many point to the masonic ties that Ron Paul, and his family have. This maybe so. I do not know. It very well may be that the entire liberty movement is a controlled outlet for political discontent. I have not seen this proven by any experiences I have had, but I will not disregard it as impossible.

That recognized, I would still support Ron Paul either way. The ideas he discusses are far more important than the man. Once the genie is out of the bottle there is no putting in back. Once enough people understand the con of central banking, and the dangers of interventionism it cannot be undone. It does not matter if he was at first a controlled outlet for dissenting energy. What matters is the ideas that can spread with him. If others take up these ideas than the system of controlling dissent will overload. If a controlled system of channeling dissent overloads then the technocrats will alter their plan accordingly. It may not turn everything around like we hope, but it will slow down plans that are in action.

This being the case I consider disregarding all dissent as controlled, and refusing to act because of this as irresponsible. Sometimes we have no choice in the tools we have for a task. We must use the ones we have until we can fashion better ones. I beg all to do whatever you feel you can because if you do nothing you become part of the new world order in all but name.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I support Ron Paul, but unfortunately he is unelectable for the presidency. Further if he were elected, his assassination would likely take place even before his inauguration. TPTB can tolerate him where he is now, but if he gained real power, they would kill him quick. No, we get the leaders we deserve. We are a nation of sheep, we refuse to leave the tv and the buffet to address the real issues of our nation. Thus we shall be herded and led as sheep.

What kind of way is that to talk, friend? Are you predicting, and if so, based on what Intel? The time for TPTB are almost over. Popular dissent has shown these criminals that we know who they are, and we know what our rights are. If they try anything now, the masses of people in the streets will overwhelm them in short time. Just like in Egypt, the Army will side with the People, for they are the People, and they are sworn to protect the People, and to support and defend the Constitution. It's true we used to be a Nation of sheep, but now we are a Nation of educated, TV watching, Internet Researching, Book Reading, Socializing Americas who are connected to the whole world. Practically nothing save a few carefully protected Black Projects can be kept secret for long anymore. Everyone has a cell phone with video capability, this is how
Fascist Cops are being caught all the time. TPTB think they are watching us all the time? We are watching them too.

For the record, I am a card carrying, bumper sticker wearing, talk about him person when the talk gets political.... Ron Paul Supporter. I wish him only well in his endeavors, and wish no harm to come to him or any of his people.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

What kind of way is that to talk, friend? Are you predicting, and if so, based on what Intel? The time for TPTB are almost over. Popular dissent has shown these criminals that we know who they are, and we know what our rights are. If they try anything now, the masses of people in the streets will overwhelm them in short time. Just like in Egypt, the Army will side with the People, for they are the People, and they are sworn to protect the People, and to support and defend the Constitution. It's true we used to be a Nation of sheep, but now we are a Nation of educated, TV watching, Internet Researching, Book Reading, Socializing Americas who are connected to the whole world. Practically nothing save a few carefully protected Black Projects can be kept secret for long anymore. Everyone has a cell phone with video capability, this is how
Fascist Cops are being caught all the time. TPTB think they are watching us all the time? We are watching them too.

For the record, I am a card carrying, bumper sticker wearing, talk about him person when the talk gets political.... Ron Paul Supporter. I wish him only well in his endeavors, and wish no harm to come to him or any of his people.
My friend, I would vote for Ron in a second. If he runs, he has my vote. Moreover I will help to get him elected. I will canvas door to door, put out yard signs etc...
Why do I say he is unelectable? Simple. He speaks the truth. The truth is too harsh for the average American to accept. They want to be lied to. They want to watch American Idol, drive their kids to soccer, and suckle from the teat of the MSM. America is not ready to awaken, and that makes me sad.
However, lat us speculate for a moment. Let us say, for the sake of argument, that the lardbutts awoke. They got up out of their lazyboy(was ever a piece of furniture more appropriately named?), they stepped out of the buffet lines and saw what was really happening. Let's say that the people had their epiphany and elected Ron and Rand as President and VP. I do believe that TPTB would have him killed. I believe that he would be one of the few who would act on his words and would end the fed. I believe he would take great strides to restore the US to Constitutional governance. TPTB cannot allow their carefully laid plans to go awry like that. They are to close to their goals now. So yes, I believe that they would kill him as they killed other presidents who attempted to end the fed and/or keep our nation out of the clutches of the banksters.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

While you were at your "lodge", I went to YT. Searched Nixon. The identical hand jestures that Ron Paul uses were used by Nixon even the infamous "wave goodbye" as he steps in the Pres Helicopter.
What are Ron Paul's connections to Richard Nixon? Same lodge?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
RUN RON RUN

Well I personally will start getting his message out to all the ones who are to snowballed by the media to stop and listen. Maybe dvd's of his speeches delivered to neighboring communities via mail. Dress it up a bit to get peoples attention. With a copy and distribute freely message on it. If you present something and don't attack anyone group or person you can get most to at least look and that's all it will take for many. Just get them to look.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I read and saw the same coverage of the CPAC poll and though the same, but you let one of the main stream puppets win (ie Huckabee, Palin, Gingrich) or any other of the chosen the MSM would not be down playing it. The thing is you don't have to be a Paul fan to get fired up about this. This is how we get the loosers for President, that I guess we deserve. We let the media pick two and we have to choose bad or worse for the job.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join