It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Droid and Google: Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hihi all.

I got my Droid back in 2009. Almost time to upgrade. Too bad I might not take that route, and cancel my account.

Yesterday, I checked my email, and then took a a nap. I woke up to a message saying that my gmail password is incorrect. I tried putting it in again. Nope. Went to recover password, and my security question and alt email were changed.

I filled out the form, and get a canned response that they can't prove I am the owner of the google account.

Excuse me?

Now I can't access my email, the market, and whoever has control of my email also has my CC info, since I bought stuff off the market. Not to mention my paypal account, which is also linked to my CC.

They told me to make a new account. That means factory reset of the phone, meaning I lose all of my apps, and I have to pay for them again.

Plus I have to cancel my CC and order a new one from the bank, which is more money.

BS.

I am uber-pissed right now.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's not the droid you're looking for...

Seriously, change all your passwords for everything you can NOW and don't buy another phone from the same company again.
edit on 12/2/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Oh, I changed all my passwords yesterday.

I go with Verizon (who carries the Droid) because I get a 25% discount because of who I work for.

I just think that it is dumb that a company that has your CC info does not even have a support number. That is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Also not having a backup and redownloading for apps you have already paid for is utterly ridiculous too. I am not sure if there are any backup systems for phones, maybe something around. Need to be careful and check any systems you use.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have to admit that I dislike the way how driod and the market has been setup.. it simply does not feel safe. (my personal opinion) I honestly prefer to buy apps separately, usualy from vendors directly and I have alternative markets installed. I simply won't get apps unless I can install/back them up to my comp (which I do)

I currently have Symbian, WinCe and Droid phones (bit of a gadget freak) and take the same approach with all.. only Nokias symbian (OV Store) feels safe to purchase from directly and even then I pay via my phone bill as opposed to credit card or paypal, but from what I understand Nokia are now dropping Symbian in favour of WinCe.

Sorry my post is not very helpful, but Good luck with getting things sorted out, hope it doesn't cost you to much...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Backups rely on . . . your google account

top topics

join