It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Firefighter on CSPAN3 , Airs Again at 3 a.m.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
American History TV
Airing right now , a firemans account of what he saw that day . LEE IELPI , the firefighter .

With videos.

Okay , I watched it through , they're having Q&A now.

Mr. IELPI is a retired firefighter who was at ground-zero on 9/11 , he lost his son , who was also a firefighter .

Fred Sager, his co-host , was a volunteer firefighter from Great Neck , N.Y. , who was also there and took alot of pictures that day . He is an ex-chief . Some of the photos I had not seen before .

The program was hosted at the Atomic Testing Museum , in Las Vegas . The program will be aired again at 3a.m.

Mr. IELPI is the President and co-founder of the World Trade Center Tribute Foundation.

One thing that was mentioned was that after rescue/recovery workers dug down so far at Shanksville , the "rest" was just pushed back into the whole and filled in . I had not heard that before .

19,979 body parts recovered at WTC , 2,000 body parts have been recovered post-cleanup . Only 174 whole bodies recovered , out of 2,749 . 1,125 pieces of remains still unidentified .

Showed a picture of a ladder-truck that was compressed to a height of about 10" .

9/11 was also the first day of school in NYC , thereby preventing further casualties by people running late for work .

The infamous photo of firefighters peering into the 'pit' , actually comes from a video that was shown . They didn't say as much , but I recognized the shot immediately . The still image circulating on the web , comes from this video , and looks nothing like the 'enhanced' image .

Okay , that's about all I recall from watching it . It was actually an artifact dedication , it was not any type of debate or fact-finding mission , pro or con .

I only post this for informational purposes , but I'm pretty sure it will wind up being steered towards some type of debate .

For more information on the foundation , see : tributewtc.org
edit on 12-2-2011 by okbmd because: eta

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
id watch but im in the uk

anything interesting?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kaya82

Edited my post after watching it . See above .

join