It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights confirmed not flares

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Stop lying and/or spreading disinformation.

There WERE photos of the sighting earlier that evening. Just because it doesn't fit into your paradigm doesn't mean you get to pick and choose the facts!
And besides, since when is witness testimony not good enough?

Bad attitude there and uncalled for.

As you apparently know, the sightings of large unknown craft took place between 8pm and 9:30pm. Weedwhacker is pointing out the fact that the 'flare drop' and the sightings were two different events. He's also right in pointing out the lack of photos from the first event. Unless you can show otherwise, the only images we have are simulations, illustrations and stills from the footage of the second event.

As far as I can tell from WW's post, he makes no comment on witness testimony or denies that the first wave of sightings happened. In that light, is accusing him of lying and spreading disinfo the way to go?

WW, do us a favor, stick to spreading your bull about chemtrails and leave the UFO industry to experts, okay?

There's no need for this level of animosity on ATS. WW is an aviation expert and entitled to post his opinion. Furthermore, what's this 'UFO industry' that you feel you have some authority over?

Again, unless you can show otherwise, you're no more special than anyone else and have to abide by the same T&Cs.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Stop lying and/or spreading disinformation.

There WERE photos of the sighting earlier that evening. Just because it doesn't fit into your paradigm doesn't mean you get to pick and choose the facts!
And besides, since when is witness testimony not good enough?

Bad attitude there and uncalled for.

As you apparently know, the sightings of large unknown craft took place between 8pm and 9:30pm. Weedwhacker is pointing out the fact that the 'flare drop' and the sightings were two different events. He's also right in pointing out the lack of photos from the first event. Unless you can show otherwise, the only images we have are simulations, illustrations and stills from the footage of the second event.

As far as I can tell from WW's post, he makes no comment on witness testimony or denies that the first wave of sightings happened. In that light, is accusing him of lying and spreading disinfo the way to go?

WW, do us a favor, stick to spreading your bull about chemtrails and leave the UFO industry to experts, okay?

There's no need for this level of animosity on ATS. WW is an aviation expert and entitled to post his opinion. Furthermore, what's this 'UFO industry' that you feel you have some authority over?

Again, unless you can show otherwise, you're no more special than anyone else and have to abide by the same T&Cs.

Fist off, you can stop playing WW manager or bodyguard. He can [pretend to) fight his own battles.
He's a pilot? Oh yeah, prove it.
I am a retired astronaut then!

This dude believes everything is just the way its portrayed but YET........parks himself on a conspiracy forum.
Whatever.

Phoenix Lights.

No one but a few believed it was/is or could be flares. If it were flares, would the governor have launched an investigation?
Don't be ridiculous.
Here's what Fife (governor ELECTED by sane people) said:

Q: If you speculated, what was that craft? Extraterrestrial?

A: I think that's the only explanation left. It shouldn't be a surprising conclusion. Even the great minds of this world, like Stephen Hawking, recently wrote that the universe is a big place, that the mathematical odds that there is life in the universe, that civilizations much more advanced than ours exist, are very high.

www.azcentral.com...

Moving on............
Photos of daylight UFOs over Phoenix March 13th 1997

www.phoenixmag.com...

Don't hide behind others. Step right up and be your own debunker.
After all we're our own TruthSeeker!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

As you apparently know, the sightings of large unknown craft took place between 8pm and 9:30pm.

As you obviously DON'T know, this craft or other crafts were seen that entire day up and down Arizona.

Again, I've been on this case for 14 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

And one more thing. I never EVER claim to 'know' anything. Whereas, your buddy (or maybe that's you under a different alias, I don't know) claims to know everything.

My position with the Phoenix Lights? I do not believe (operative word there, "Believe") these were flares at ALL.

So that alone sets me apart from your lil' pilot friend.
He comes on every single one of my threads, whether chemtrails, 9-11, UFOs, Pole Shifts etc and speaks like he's the reincarnated version of Moses' reciting the WW-commandments.
Constantly, this dude 'knows and commands attention.

Most of us 'suspect' or have an opinions on matters.
Once again that is the most fundamental difference between the Wackers of the World and the critical thinkers in this forum.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this case always pissed me off. a total cover-up job. the main craft that was seen over multiple states gets left behind for this ongoing disscussion of flares. and yes, those lights over phoenix are flares, I've live fired hundreds of them from a mortar, and though these are from planes, the difference seems small to me. they look and move exactly like those seen in that now famous video. with the right weather conditions, flares can be very accurately deployed, and in this case made to look like a v-shaped craft from certain angles.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
and yes, those lights over phoenix are flares,

Not necessarily. But you're right about the other comment. The Phoenix Lights UFO incident is a complex series of events that took place on March 13, 1997 over the states of Nevada, Arizona, and (possibly) New Mexico!

RARE footage of Phoenix Lights 1997

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

www.phoenixmag.com...

Here's a better resolution of the above picture...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe one couldaccept the flare explanation for some of the events....i wassnt there either.
Bit in light of night vision videos of chevron shaped craft travelling high in the atmosphere at tremedous speeds,and manouvering intelligently, i would have to go with the pssibility these thousands of witnesses saw exactly what they claimed.
The time differences seem to rule out flares for some of the activity as well.
This leaves us with an immense v shaped vehicle over flying arizons at some point in the evening......
be ncie you guys....just sayin....in the light of present sighting it hardly matters much any more, theres plenty to work on
from last week~
edit on 12-2-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I just watched a newly released documentry on the Phoneix Lights on Nationa Geographic.

His final words where, he doesn't know what they are, but he knows what they aern't.

Im not sure if it will reair soon, i hope it will so the more scientific members could have a watch.

Newly released?

I watched this show about 2 years ago!

There was one guy that analysed the lights and concluded from the "flicker" that they were not flares.......but there was another commentator that said the resolution of the videos was not of sufficient quality to be able to make that determination.
The end result for the National Geograhic documentary was that the results were "inconclusive" NOT that the lights were "confirmed" not to be flares.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dillettoso is a fraud and anything he says is suspect.

The only video of the event is of National Guard illumination flares dropping behind the mountains. The A-10s in the first video dropping flares are dropping infra-red missile counter measure flares, an entirely different kind of flare. I suppose there might have also been a giant UFO in the skies over Phoenix at the same time but I doubt it.

edit on 12-2-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Fist off, you can stop playing WW manager or bodyguard.

He can look after himself, your attitude was in question.

Moving on............ Photos of daylight UFOs over Phoenix March 13th 1997

The image you posted isn't a 'daylight sighting' and the caption clearly states that "Dr. Lynne Kitei snapped this photo of three glowing orbs above Phoenix in 2001"

Don't be ridiculous.
Here's what Fife (governor ELECTED by sane people) said:

Q: If you speculated, what was that craft? Extraterrestrial?

A: I think that's the only explanation left. It shouldn't be a surprising conclusion. Even the great minds of this world, like Stephen Hawking, recently wrote that the universe is a big place, that the mathematical odds that there is life in the universe, that civilizations much more advanced than ours exist, are very high.

You're calling me ridiculous? Again with the attitude. After '14 years' of research you should know that Symington claimed to have seen the first event. Here's his testimony from Leslie Kean's book...

Between 8:00 and 8:30 on the evening of March 13, 1997, during my second term as governor of Arizona, I witnessed something that defied logic and challenged my reality: a massive, delta-shaped craft silently navigating over the Squaw Peak in the Phoenix Mountain preserve. A solid structure rather than an apparition, it was dramatically large, with a distinctive leading edge embedded with lights as it traveled the Arizona skies. I still don't know what it was. As a pilot and a former Air Force officer, I can say with certainty that this craft did not resemble any man-made object I had ever seen.
Page 190 Chapter 24

You are still getting mixed up between the two different events.

And one more thing. I never EVER claim to 'know' anything. Whereas, your buddy (or maybe that's you under a different alias, I don't know) claims to know everything.

More bad attitude and innuendo? I hope you notice that this rebuttal has been done without name-calling or innuendo.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I apologize. You're right about the 2001. Hang on. I have to dig it out from my computer.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No problem. We all make mistakes sometimes.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is akin to being told there is no such thing as father Christmas when you are twenty, hysterical really.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Because, you (and many, many others) are confusing the so-called "Phoenix Lights" (the ones that were filmed, and aired on the various TV news channels over and over again) with the sightings (NO PHOTOS) of what you just mentioned, over an entirely DIFFERENT part of the Valley, and yes, over residential areas.

When two very unusual events happen like this, in close proximity, logic dictates a causal relationship.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The Phoenix Lights (Yes, the ONE that was captured OVER the city) and the sightings earlier that evening, have absolutely NO explanation.

WeedWhacker is correct The Phoenix Lights were NEVER actually over the city.......that was just an optical illusion.....in fact proper video analysis (and I don't mean analysis off YouTube videos either!) has determined that the lights were actually behind the mountains in the distance, and that as the lights fell beneath the mountain top the lights gave the impression that the lights were switching off.
This is entirely compatible with the "flare" explanation.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yes, of course.....I thought that was obvious, in my post:

....logic dictates a causal relationship.

The general consensus, for the rational logical thinker, is that the initial (not photographed) sighting, after was reported, prompted someone in the echelon (who actually knew what it was....and, my bet is, it's ours) ordered the flares....as a very, very public distraction.

AND, the majority (gullible) fell for it, hook line and sinker. As expected (and predicted....and observed, likely, many many times in the past).

Perspective....that is what is lacking. For those who didn't reside there, in any case....and they can't grasp the layout, from their armchair at home, watching on YouTube. Of course, you will also always have the small percentage of excitables, even IN the city, who lack perception abilities, as well.

The behavior of the lights....the line of six or seven, in a row, is certainly not "odd"...but, as mentioned, the illusion of them suddenly "winking out" is what fooled those who are so prone to being fooled.....not realizing that at night, the intervening terrain (hills, mountains) are jet black, and indistinguishable from the night sky. Especially, when many many miles distant.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hello everyone... Just trying to earn my right to post new threads...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
it's all been already confirmed as a hoax, they are military flares slowly drifting down behind a mountain range.

if it was a giant ufo, it would have been moving, not disappearing into thin air.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Numerous people claim to have seen a HUGE ship come over.

I just listened to an interview of Astronaut Edgar Mitchell. He said he was on the phone with someone in Phoenix at the time and the person told him it was a real huge dark ship of some kind. Mitchell said he believes that several species of aliens are here and have been for a long time. Good enough for me. Far as I am concerned..that is disclosure.

<< 1    3 >>

join