It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga: Public wants to ''See me fail''

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't know...I'd say going from stripping to making millions is pretty talented.
She's got catchy songs, and an interesting image (I'd say "unique", but she's basically a madonna rip-off artist)...

Something tells me she's actually quite smart though, and hides it behind her image...kind of like Snoop Dogg (if you've ever seen an interview with him, you'll see he's actually quite intelligent).

Personally, I think she'll adapt and see long-term success just like the gal she's copying...as long as she can keep grounded, and not lose it like so many others who rise to fame and fortune quickly...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

She was a stripper??

Well I just don't like her whole persona. Something about it just irritates me. I've seen some conspiracy theories on her saying it's symbolism and we shouldn't under estimate her intellect but I still don't like her. Smart or not...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Yep, and from a wealthy family too, as I recall, but then went kind of rogue... I think she was even in school with Paris Hilton. Should be an easy Google if you want more specifics. I do know it's a fact she was a stripper.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

She seems like an interesting character once you know a little more about here.

Anyway...

Think I'll do a little research(googling) on this 'lady'.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't follow her closely enough to be able to say with any authority, but her pose seems to be a focus on decadence and decay.

That pose is always popular with "today's youth," and has been since Romanticism hit in the 1780's. Edgar Allen Poe, Coleridge, Shelley, Bryant, Keats, Yeats and the rest.

When that stuff gets unusually popular every so often, it is because it speaks to the public mood at the "fin de siecle." Sort of like the folks on the Titanic, doing everything in an overwrought style, even while the ship is sinking beneath them. Or like the Cabarets in Berlin in the Twenties, showing Burlesque to the French and British tourists, while the fascists were meeting in the basement.

History is the sound of hobnailed boots ascending the staircase, and of silver slippers coming down. (Voltaire)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
WOW you guys are seriously ridiculous, spending so much energy on a pop star. What do you gain from hating her this much? What does she lose?

The answer to both is NOTHING.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PapillonSkeletons

Probably stems from jealousy.

Wow, her latest hit even SOUNDS like a Madonna anthem for social change "Born this way"... Definitely is following in her footsteps. No hate here though...like her idols, she does a real workout in her performances, and she generates hit after hit for her record label...so she's earning her money.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Jealousy?lol

Shes rich cause of who ever is behind her. Don't think the credit should go to her... shes just a puppet in a bigger scheme.

As for her going to school with Paris Hilton and what not... phfft... doesn't change the way I feel about her.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

100% AGREE!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join