It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth Read more: Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

www.stratfor.com

This third type of weapon is fairly difficult and very expensive to obtain in the United States (especially in the large numbers in which the cartels are employing them). They are also dangerous to obtain in the United States due to heavy law-enforcement scrutiny. Therefore, most of the military ordnance used by the Mexican cartels comes from other sources, such as the international arms market (increasingly from China via the same networks that furnish precursor chemicals for narcotics mnfg.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stratfor.com

www.stratfor.com
edit on 072828p://2674 by Allred5923 because: Title doubled

edit on 072828p://5074 by Allred5923 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I know the US is one of the most legal gun infested countries on the planet. We do love our fire arms. But when I read this article pertaining to the over all out come of the "Why's & How's" of how the Mexican cartel's were arming themselves, I figured the US had some influx on the gun smuggling, just not what the Mexican authorities were trying to convey to the rest of the world about our actual involvement by way of illegal fire arms making it over the boarder for these cartel's.
We have been in precarious places with different on going's around the world, with the Mexican boarder being breached every single day by smuggler's and the like, it is only fair to point out that our "Legal" right's have been put under fire by a country that is so corrupt and delusional of their states of affairs, that they actually are trying to blame us for their citizens of the Cartel kind for supplying them to with fire arms illegally to continue their murderous and unacceptable ways of life, this has now been researched and the reason's of the first figured number's of a 90% US supply theory is now nothing but a harsh reality that the Mexican government is only trying to shift blame for eye's of the worlds sympathy.
I am an "American" damn it, I don't think we condone these acts, let alone contribute to the inciting problem's this country seems to have had for a very long time.
This country has respectable and honorable people that cross our boarder's every day, they know who they are, but on the same hand, their government is so out of whack, it cannot bare the face of accountability for their own demise.
I agree we do fuel the drug trade by some individuals, and we do have some very basic fire arms that make it over the boarder, but for Christ sakes Mexico has more corrupt bureaucrat's that are the actual cause for their problems. When the Cartel's start getting such weapons as 50mm and 60mm armor piercing rounds and the gun's to shoot them, they are being fed by other high profile countries from around the world. In this case for example "China". What the hell has happened to our world, the Chinese know of the contingency plans of the Cartel's from Mexico, so why continue selling them an arsenal of weapon's and ammo?
US citizen's, this has become a little middle eastern conflict on our own back door, and if there ever was a scenario that shouldn't be happening, it's the armaments of a neighboring country to the USA being fed such weapons by the very people that are suppose to basically own us financially by the way of big money bail out's and continual downward spiral of big government spending by our representatives! This has to come to an end.
Embargo Mexico, close the boarder's with military occupation, just do something and quit letting these incident's that are taking place around the world take away our American heritage and might by doing nothing but behind door meeting's and failure of disclosure to such government's as we have done with Mexico.
Egypt, Iran, S.Korea,Pakistan,Turkey and any number of other such turmoil countries aren't near as close to home as these Cartel's in Mexico.
As Davie Crockett had once said "To hell with you all, I am going to Texas!" There was good reason for his acclamation, it was because his government wasn't listening to the people, and he wanted no part of that kind of Democracy.

www.stratfor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah I can't understand why anybody buys the flat out LIE that Mexican cartels are getting their guns from America. This makes absolutely no sense. Maybe handguns, but with you are in a billion dollar trade I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to buy in bulk from an arms dealer than pay people to run over to America, get a straw buyer, pay him, and then come back to America.

But absolutely NOT select fire weapons. This is just downright dumb. The price of automatic weapons in America is artificially inflated because only pre-1984 (I think that is the correct date, could be wrong) are legally transferred and sold. Most automatic rifles go for around $20,000 and up, if you were to buy one in America. Hell even JUST THE REGISTERED SEAR from a select fire weapon sells for tens of thousands of dollars, because there is only a limited number of them available, and there will never be more unless the laws change. The exact same model, but in semi-only is usually $1,000-$3,000 obviously depending on the gun. And that is retail. Again, if you are in a billion dollar industry you aren't going to pay retail for firearms, and you sure as hell aren't stupid enough to buy them from America where they are 20 times more expensive, and MUCH harder to get.

EDIT:

Oops forgot to say S&F
edit on 11-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
James,
You have it correct. Why would drug cartels bother with all the crap trying to buy bulk M-16's at 20,000+ in the US when they can get them directly from their own Mexican Military by stealing them of taking them from all the dead Mexican soldiers? Besides they can get perfectly good select fire AK's from Chavez in Venezuela from new Tula Arsenal machinery for $1000 a crate with 30/crate! Thousands of M-16's are missing from South Korea and serial numbers tracked show that a few have turned up in Mexico. Then you have the problem of the ATFE's 'Walking Gun' program that let 'straw man' sales of so called assault weapons by Mexican buyers from certain from dealers who were coerced into selling them. The ATFE promptly threw those threatened dealer under the bus saying they (ATFE) had nothing to do with it. One of the AR's from this was involved in a murder of a Border Patrol Agent.
The media keeps pushing the 90% lie and like Goebbels said "Tell a lie enough it will become the truth!'

Zindo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have to add....THIS IS NOT A MYTH..IT'S AN OUTRIGHT LIE! And the Congress Critters know it's a lie but keep pushing it for their ever present agenda to disarm and dismantle the 2nd Amendment so they will have Carte Blanche to RULE us with impunity and demolish our Constitution!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Links for Gun Walker Project!

Zindo

My original post:

Gun Walker Project

More

And still More

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The exact same model, but in semi-only is usually $1,000-$3,000 obviously depending on the gun.

The whole thing is exactly what it looks like, and when I see a duck, I call it a duck as far as other countries selling the provisions necessary for them to transform there semi's into full blown rock-n-Roll weapons. If we are having these kind of problems right now, with all the rhetorical blame game by the same country we are financially, politically and fundamentally trying to help cry's "wolf" over who is at fault, I am sorry, but the hell with them. They should start their own regulatory commission on this gun trade matter, then we can get back to doing what we have to do, which is take care of our boarder's from those that want to infiltrate to bring said drugs and chaos.
I appreciate your insight and apparent knowledge of what gun's can and can't be bought for. Just hope with China in this picture, it isn't some kind of arbitrary attempt to dwindle our now struggling military and economy.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

thanks for the input zindo, you have done your homework for sure, and if I may quote you:

I have to add....THIS IS NOT A MYTH..IT'S AN OUTRIGHT LIE! And the Congress Critters know it's a lie but keep pushing it for their ever present agenda to disarm and dismantle the 2nd Amendment so they will have Carte Blanche to RULE us with impunity and demolish our Constitution!
Zindo

This the primary reason for why we need to defend our rights as a country that wont allow ourselves to be thrown under the bus for some other countries short coming's due to lack of properly run government and affiliated military that feeds the fire by selling such weapons to such people.
When I had read the Stratfor story, I was pleased to see that there was someone by way of the MSM that was covering the whole ordeal and the fallacies that were presented by their corrupt and incompetent government, it wasn't us that is to blame, it is all the hate towards America around them that allows them to receive such weapons at such cheap costs.
Great contributions my friend, your provided links say a world of reality to these matters, thank for sharing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article I posted else where on ATS. It comes from Narco News. Basically what they do for a living is monitor the border and South American drug problems.

Narco News Article

A Narco News investigation into the flow of arms across the U.S. border appears to lead right back to the systemic corruption that afflicts a vast swath of the Mexican government under President Felipe Calderon and this nation’s own embrace of market-driven free-trade policies.

The deadliest of the weapons now in the hands of criminal groups in Mexico, particularly along the U.S. border, by any reasonable standard of an analysis of the facts, appear to be getting into that nation through perfectly legal private-sector arms exports, measured in the billions of dollars, and sanctioned by our own State Department. These deadly trade commodities — grenade launchers, explosives and “assault” weapons —are then, in quantities that can fill warehouses, being corruptly transferred to drug trafficking organizations via their reach into the Mexican military and law enforcement agencies, the evidence indicates.

“As in other criminal enterprises in Mexico, such as drug smuggling or kidnapping, it is not unusual to find police officers and military personnel involved in the illegal arms trade,” states an October 2007 report by the for-profit global intelligence group Stratfor, which Barron’s magazine once dubbed the Shadow CIA. “… Over the past few years, several Mexican government officials have been arrested on both sides of the border for participating in the arms trade.”

Given Mexico’s strict gun laws with respect to private individuals, it is likely most of the DCS program defense hardware approved for export to that nation was directed toward the military or law enforcement agencies. But it is precisely that fact which should be raising some alarm in Washington.

Mexico, by Calderon’s own admission, is dealing with a serious corruption problem within the ranks of Mexican law enforcement.

From a December 2008 report in the Los Angeles Times:

"Mexican President Felipe Calderon on Tuesday said his government was making strides against corruption but warned that graft remained a threat to the nation's efforts against crime."

Read the whole article. It is a bit long but it is beyond interesting. There is a lot of great evidence there. I would say it makes a great case that the US Government and their contractors are a bigger part of the problem than gun shop owners, or straw purchasers.

There was also a great article in the LA Times in 2009. They discussed the escelating arms race in Mexico. Even the LA TImes came to the conclusion that most of the weapons in Mexico can't be coming from civilian gun buyers in America. They attempt to say that these weapons are only a small portion of arsenals compared to standard rifles and handguns. However, they also go on to describe how one police squad was attacked with a .50 caliber rifle and then blown up with a grenade or propelled explosive device. Basically the more standard weapons make up a large portion of the arsenal, but military grade weapons and explosives are becoming the weapons of choice. Weapons that in many instances can not be purchased by American citizens.

The Feb. 21 attack on police headquarters in coastal Zihuatanejo, which injured four people, fit a disturbing trend of Mexico's drug wars. Traffickers have escalated their arms race, acquiring military-grade weapons, including hand grenades, grenade launchers, armor-piercing munitions and antitank rockets with firepower far beyond the assault rifles and pistols that have dominated their arsenals.

Most of these weapons are being smuggled from Central American countries or by sea, eluding U.S. and Mexican monitors who are focused on the smuggling of semiauto- matic and conventional weapons purchased from dealers in the U.S. border states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California....

These groups appear to be taking advantage of a robust global black market and porous borders, especially between Mexico and Guatemala. Some of the weapons are left over from the wars that the United States helped fight in Central America, U.S. officials said...

Grenades or military-grade weapons have been reported in at least 10 Mexican states during the last six months, used against police headquarters, city halls, a U.S. consulate, TV stations and senior Mexican officials. In a three-week period ended March 6, five grenade attacks were launched on police patrols and stations and the home of a commander in the south-central state of Michoacan. Other such attacks occurred in five other states during the same period.

At least one grenade attack north of the border, at a Texas nightclub frequented by U.S. police officers, has been tied to Mexican traffickers....

Amid the recent spate of attacks in Michoacan, federal police on Feb. 20 announced the discovery of 66 fragmentation grenades in the fake bottom of a truck intercepted in southern Mexico, just over the border from Guatemala. The two men arrested with the cargo told police they were transporting the grenades to Morelia.

Grenades used in three attacks in Monterrey and Texas were linked to a single Monterrey warehouse, packed with explosives and high-caliber guns, reportedly belonging to the Gulf cartel. Mexican authorities raided the warehouse in October and seized the cache, which contained South Korean-manufactured grenades similar to the American M67 fragmentation grenade.

LA Times Story

If you look around you can find a list of weapons being used in Mexico and where they come from. Some of the weapons such as M2 carbines are fully automatic weapons being imported from South Korea and China. They are 50 year old rifles we gave to South Korea during our last conflict on that peninsula. They also showed anti-tank weapons from North Korea and fully automatic AK-47's that were manufactured in China. There were fragmentation grenades from South Korea and China. There are also automatic weapons from Spain and Italy showing up.

However, the ATF in their great effort to stop trafficking has decided to force gun dealers to okay straw purchases.Source

Deguerin says the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms asked Carter's Country to complete transactions, even when sales people strongly suspected the weapons were headed to Mexican drug gangs.

"They were told to go through with what they considered to be questionable sales. They were told to go through with sales of three or more assault rifles at the same time or five or more 9 millimeter guns at the same time or a young Hispanic male paying in cash. It's all profiling, but they went through with it," said Deguerin.

"They reported them promptly, either while the transaction was going on or soon there after. They did this for months and months and months. Went through with the sales because the ATF told them to go through with the sales," he added.

Now weapons that the ATF failed to intercept or forced shops to sell are killing our border patrol agents. The sad part is, it only briefly crossed the pencil pusher's minds that the weapons might kill Americans. They couldn't imagine it would happen so soon. So, if it had happened in ten years would it have been okay?

"My worst fear was that they would be used in a homicide of a Mexican military official or a Mexican police official. It crossed my mind that they would be used against U.S. forces, but I didn't think it would happen this soon," said another federal law enforcement source.

Why was an ATF agent's worst fear that it might be used against a Mexican official? Why is that a more important consideration than a Border Patrol Agent's life?

"The policy [until Project Gunrunner] has always been we don't allow any weapons to cross south of the border, because then it's out of our hands and we can't control it," he said.

But the complaints were "overruled," he said, by both the Phoenix office and bureau headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Ofcourse if you read the article it isn't the ATF's fault. It isn't because they told dealers to make suspicious sales. It definitely isn't their fault that they failed to track the weapons. It isn't the government's fault that they don't prosecute the criminals. Nope, if we just made a law saying that multiple rifle purchases must be reported to the ATF, and gave them more money, it would magically be fixed. That would some how change the fact that the ATF was knowingly forcing bad sells and decided to let the guns cross the border despite objections from agents.

LA Times 2011 article

Nope, the civillian purchaser is to blame. The gun shops working in good faith with the ATF are to blame. The ATF is just a hapless victim of circumstance according to their lead officers.
Americans need to submit to even more monitoring by the government and cough up more of their pay check. That would fix the problem of incompetence and corruption.
edit on 11-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nepotism was rife at the DEA's inception. If you threw a ball into a group of DEA agents you would hit one or more relatives of either congress or one of their staff's kids. ATF is a 'whole nuther' ball of wax when it comes to promotion and back stabbing of those who actually know their jobs and not the politics of the "G" system of pay grades. Crap rolls down hill and the agents who work tirelessly and with honor are constantly harassed by their superiors for showing how plain stupid those supervisors are! With our 'InJustice' Department showing themselves to be nothing more that shills for the present administration it will only get worse.
Join those organizations that you feel are actually working for your rights. Take the time to do the research yourself and learn how to 'nudge' your local politicians to work for you and not the party machine (Sorry for the Alinsky idea but it does work so we might as well use their tactics to our advantage against them!). Otherwise we will all be so far down we will never peacefully get back to sanity!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

"Absolutely Impeccable Contribution MikeNice, Thank you so much for your input."

The thing of it is, now that the ATF is getting the just of their short coming's to this matter, the Mexican Cartel's are buying off their own local government's and they are still supplying as far as I am concerned. There is a major problem here with a sub title of "Lack of disclosure communication" implications.
For the most part, we knew the USA was responsible for "Some" of the gun running, but there were more powerful buy's to be made and apparently the people that have given the Cartel's this access are continuing with no true ramification's for their acts of out right acts of war.
Hugo Chavez hates America, he would be the first cronies to invite such an opportunity. When he gave the Russian Naval fleet his coastal water's for their war games, there could have been very well behind closed door's agreement's, but the US openly stated that they had a watchful eye over the situation, but there is nothing wrong with Russian vessels participating in battle awareness just as we had just enacted off the coast of N.Korea. We were threatened during this procedure that was openly welcomed by S.Korea by Kim, even threatened the S.Koreans with all out war, the reason why is because of his fears of what the US Naval fleet's could do to decimate his puny and dictatorial ran country. with Chavez, he is a bottom feeder, he is giddy at the times he has thwarted the US government's eye shot with devious ideas and acts, not only his misgiving's for the USA, but for his own people. And lets face it, Russia has a terrible track record for being organized and orderly when it comes to thing's like keeping track of very powerful and extremely dangerous materials and weapons. Chavez probably has a few finger's in the gun sales pie with Mexico, but then he realizes as he gets richer with new allies such as Russia, the Mexican corrupt government and bureaucratically office officials that sell these kind of thing's on the black market to be able to do one of two thing's 1) They are selling the Cartel's these weapon's for money to take care of their families and to have a half way decent life. Or 2) they are doing under strict order's from the current Mexican Government to allow them to be able to keep attaining such weapon's from the ATF of the US to keep us thinking we are truly helping in their cause, when actually, we are being duped into funding our own demise with our kindness.
Either way, this whole thing is really an "Egypt" moment. If we as a society allow our government to continue the effort's knowing damn well what they are doing, to hell with our Government as well. it is just as Zbigniew brezinski proclaimed when we were giving the Afghanistan our stinger missiles to allow them to over power the might of the Russian helicopter's that were decimating them by the hundreds. "The best way to win a war is to allow them to annihilate each other, all we have to do is give them the weapon's to get the job done. Let them blow the Sh*@ out of each other." Zbigniew brezinski

So if we are allowed to think that with our past top leader's of military defense and countries safety didn't send a couple of good lesson's and messages out to the masses, we are highly mistaken. with this Mexico affiliation, giving them gun's do battle against us with their crooked law enforcement and corrupt government and that they aren't aware of such past interferences taking place in the past like the Russian/Afghan War and what we had done for the Afghan's, we are merely fish in a barrel and should get the hell out of the relationship, cut off all further Armaments and fire power, let them know that we are more concerned with what is happening with in our own country and maintain a stable military position on and near our border's, oh yeah, wish them luck...

Our country has not been the perfect straight and narrow, as you well know, but if we stand up as a people of he democracy and the Liberties that we so much cherish and are currently watch disappear before our eye's by way of bad political and presidential decision's and wish not to follow these acts of sheer stupidity and big Government, we are no better than them any other dictatorship, monarchy or Marxist government than has come before us.9/11 was bad enough, but these guy's re our neighbor's with bad ideologies and terrible answer's to their personal and current problems by way of these drug Cartels and the arming of such tyrants that we so despise as a nation.
we can either stand up and recognize the problem to this issue and make voice, or face a potential assault by people that don't care much for what we have, or should I say "What we have 'Left'."

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Here, Here!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately none of this matters.

Years from now the poor Mexicans will still one of many fabrications in the generic gun-grabbing arsenal.

They still drag out the "militia" thing that's been dead and moot for over 200 years now like it's some grand and new argument for their stupid endeavor.

Any evidence contrary is just preaching to the choir. The ones who need to listen have concrete in their ears and they put it there themselves.

This thread will soon die with only the postings of the known suspects such as ourselves in it while over the next week/month/year the usual "anti's" will flood their threads and the generic "gun"'threads with the same lies and trumped up hysterics as always.

The trouble with a thread that goes straight to the point backed with plenty of evidence is it doesn't cater to the rambling idiot who likes to shout their baseless opinion as fact over and over.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Please, not to nit pick but the only thing Democratic in our country is the way we vote. All else is done as a Republic and more folks need to address it as such. Every Democracy in the world has failed due to top heavy governments and that's happening here. Our government was set up as a Republic and should be referred to it as such by anyone who really cares. Sorry to be preachy but if we allow our Congress Critters to keep referring our form of government as a democracy or that spreading democracy is a good idea we will fail as a nation. True Republics stand strong. Democracies become Fascist!

Zindo
edit on 2/11/2011 by ZindoDoone because: spelling again!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trying to shine a wee bit of optimistic light on the subject. Oh, I'm also one of those "gun nuts".

Can anyone imagine congress passing a law that would ban weapons?
Okay, maybe.

Noww try to picture someone, or a group of someones trying to collect "said" weapons.
Police? Puh-leeze.
Military? Not a chance. We swear by the Constitution.
ACORN? SEIU? Nope. Cowards, all.

Progresive dorks who cry and bemoan the fact that we have a 2nd ammendment, are usually ones that abuse the 1st, also.
So I say, let them rant and rave and froth at the mouth.

They're funny to look at.
edit on 11-2-2011 by beezzer because: sob! I cant tipe or spill!

edit on 11-2-2011 by beezzer because: omg! I did it again!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They still drag out the "militia" thing that's been dead and moot for over 200 years now like it's some grand and new argument for their stupid endeavor.

This is exactly what we "DON'T" want to happen anymore. When the trouble started down on the boarder with all the rift-raft and Cartel crap, we were totally aware of the Mexican affiliation to both Guerrilla warfare and basic terrorist implication's expended on all people that thought or still think that this can't be put under control. Just as Egypt is experiencing their "Revolution" as they like to call it, we are fighting to keep our simplest assets as our own, namely freedom as the vanguard of our way of life so dubbed by the Constitution.
For every 'NEW' argument presented, there should be a moment of conscious awareness of the current state of affairs. We have been involved everywhere they wanted some form of freedom or decent government officials or senior officer to operate a country fair and balanced. We ourselves have lost this emotion of gratitude. We now speak of thing's like these situation's all the time everyday it seems.
It is truly a sad day when we are concerned for our own rights as a nation, especially the good Ole US of A.
Or so I still wish,
Some great points thisguyrighthere.
I hope it doesn't take as long as you forecast for these rather obvious thing's to be taken care of post haste. really good good contribution's! With some down right honest feeling's.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Please, not to nit pick but the only thing Democratic in our country is the way we vote. All else is done as a Republic and more folks need to address it as such.

You are absolutely right Zindo, so, from here on out I will no longer use 'Democracy' as an agenda for the cause. It shall be as it should be a "Republic, for which it stands, one nation, indivisible with Liberty and justice for all."

Thanks for the reality check Zindo, it has been so long since I have thought about the "Pledge of Allegiance" that I had almost forgotten it..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Can anyone imagine congress passing a law that would ban weapons?
Okay, maybe.

As far as I can tell, this is a possible scenario by the PTB's standards, if it were to come to fruition, there would be hell to pay. "Hell, we would be on our second 'Revolution' if this were to happen. But putting a lighter side of optimism is greatly appreciated in such a torrential and turmoil-ed time for our country and country man.
I too, love my freedoms, but I love my country and neighbor's even more.
If we are on the rift of bad thing's for Mexico's boarder's, I know some Texans, New Mexicans and Arizonian's that wouldn't flinch at taking up arms to protect their freedoms and families, I am sure their neighbor's are just as important. "As long as they didn't borrow the lawn mower and never brought it back." LOL
Thanks for sharing Beezer...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I'm a Utah'n. Trust me we are locked and cocked. Our neighborhood block captain even does a firing range group once a month just to keep us aware.
Had to move recently. But hopefully will be back in two years.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Something pointed out by thisguyrighthere:

This thread will soon die with only the postings of the known suspects such as ourselves in it while over the next week/month/year the usual "anti's" will flood their threads and the generic "gun"'threads with the same lies and trumped up hysterics as always.

Tough this is a sad statement, it is more than likely true. I have been coming here for sometime now and it seems when these types of threads are brought out for discussion, they tend to be over shot or just not 'Realistic' enough for the people that don't care either way about our gun rights or our constitution.
I am usually not too politically motivated over issues of political agendas, but with the world poised as it is right now, the main frame ideal situation should be the closest enemy too you, hence the "Mexico ordeal" for this thread.
There are some really down to earth individuals in this forum, and I can count on one hand how many times I have tried to make a virtual difference with some issues. I as an individual can't do too much. But the more I talk to people about these contrary effect's to our personal freedoms and ways of life, I become more sustained to the fact that there is a glimmer of hope, then we have those that feel all is lost and unattainable peace, prosperity and the pursuit for happiness in our country.
My father was a veteran, The big V war. he was a hero to me, I on the other hand was fortunate enough to not have to go to war during my life. Though Vietnam was a controversial and a hush hush return for troop's that fought the good fight, they spat on, ridiculed and degraded by the very people he was trying to protect from the get go. I was about 5 years old when my Dad got back home, guess I was one when he had left. So, whether or not he ever got the respect and consideration for what he had gambled with, which was his life for stranger's, I never asked him about it, but he knew I always though he was my hero. I am 45 years old now, He has been gone now for about 9 years, got killed in the war and didn't even know it, cancer. I never wish our future generations to have to be as vigilant and on guard as we have to be now. But this remains my wish, funny thing is I know that my Father felt this way as well, but now I know how he feels when there is nothing more than you can do but hope for the best, continue to expect the worst. That way one is always prepared for any situation that may become a terrible reality.
This is Mexico for Christs sakes, it is a stones throw away from our place of life and happiness. Maybe not so much lately, but it is all we have. The Cartel's have extremely dangerous connections to very damaging weapons, both life and Liberty could be waged in a single act of war, and thus far, even though they say they take the situation seriously, it still remains what it is.
Sounds as if you a very good person beezer, that you have meaning and purpose. "I do too."
And I hope it stays that way without my government throwing caution to the wind just because they don't want to hurt someones feeling's or feel they are stepping on toes. Sometimes those thing's have to happen to better a situation. if we stop what we are doing now, they may still have a resort to go for weapon's, but at least they wouldn't be ours by a direct hand out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join