It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samadhi and the secrets of the Himalayas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So I first read about this topic in "Don't Touch this Book" by Jan van Helsing. He was talking about hidden caves in the Himalayas that contain individuals who have supposedly lived for hundreds of years. They are there to jump start the human race again should disaster ever befall the Earth. Turns out there are special caregivers in nearby villages that give these samadhi ancients food and water. The Tibetan and Chinese governments had attempted to send military to these caves but they said that troops got sick the closer they got to the samadhi cave entrances. And in fact, if they continued to get closer, they died. Supposedly the caves are shielded with some kind of energetic shield.

Anyway that's all I remember, I have to revisit the chapter but has anyone ever heard of this?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Sounds real intriguing. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will watch where this thread goes for sure.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
this is very interesting... I'm glad you brought this to my attention because I have never heard of this, I will definitely have do some research

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
any idea where to get a copy of this book?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The only story I know from there are the Dropa's.

fairfieldproject.wikidot.com...

www.philipcoppens.com...

May not be what your looking for...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Sounds like it may be related to the legend of Shambala or Shangri-La. Myths of hidden lands / Civilizations in the Himalayas, Immortality...etc. This may just be a more modern translation / interpretation of an older myth ?
Just a guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato
[m]
Glitched - Sorry for 2nd post.

edit on 2/9/11 by Noromyxo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ohmajojo

I can't help ya man. I got my copy in Bulgarian because I was in Bulgaria for the summer but when I came back to the U.S. and tried to find it online, it was difficult. I think I saw it on Amazon or Ebay or something but it was like 50$.... way too much ): Being hard to find must have driven up the price

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

No idea. That's why I'm hoping someone could suggest some literature or something if this topic sparks any memories of such.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've heard of this before i think.

Not the actual book but other stories relating to eachother.

I won't be surprised if this book were to be linked to Agharta/Agartha and the many cities that lie within our Earth. Telos, Shambhala etc...

I can also recall that a hidden/secret royal council of sorts reside somewhere in the Himalayas, and they're up to the 54th leader or something, and when the time comes they'll show themselves and help humanity.

You'll have to excuse my memory, i read this stuff like 10+ years ago...

Hope this helps.
edit on 10-2-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Somebody go knock on the cave door entrance and tell them

It's almost time!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We need to get Zorgon involved in this thread. He knows a lot about that region.

But you may want to look up T. Lobsang Rampa. He has a book in which he discusses the Caves of the Ancients. Not sure if it is what you are talking about....

....but the Hopi legends kind of tie in, at least in spirit, as well. Not to mention The Untersburg.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It might be able to help you out a bit.

Some literature:

Life and teachings of the Masters of the Far East by Baird T. Spalding.

An interesting read, although you have to overcome the antique way of writing.

Spalding went to India-Nepal-Tibet in 1894 with a group of eleven scientists. He stayed for three and a half years researching and translating the text of their ancient spiritual scrolls. During this time Mr. Spalding lived and worked with the Great Masters of the Himalayas and recorded how they lived and the principles they lived by. He published the first year of his notes in volume I. of, The Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East, in 1924. This was the beginning of a six volume series

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda

Some Siddha's, or Holy men

Babaji Mahavatar
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cffe3bc27f90.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f8359da2495.jpg[/atsimg]

Ramana Maharshi
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4f1807363a0.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10/2/11 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
So I first read about this topic in "Don't Touch this Book" by Jan van Helsing. He was talking about hidden caves in the Himalayas that contain individuals who have supposedly lived for hundreds of years. They are there to jump start the human race again should disaster ever befall the Earth. Turns out there are special caregivers in nearby villages that give these samadhi ancients food and water. The Tibetan and Chinese governments had attempted to send military to these caves but they said that troops got sick the closer they got to the samadhi cave entrances. And in fact, if they continued to get closer, they died. Supposedly the caves are shielded with some kind of energetic shield.

Anyway that's all I remember, I have to revisit the chapter but has anyone ever heard of this?

Topato, these stories of ageless holy men (and sometimes women) hiding in the caves of the Himalayas are persistent, if difficult to verify.

Personally, I believe these spiritual masters do exist as protectors of the planet. It's an intuitive thing, I can't prove it. India & Tibet are full of stories of this type.

The only source I'd recommend (for these stories) is Paramahansa Yogananda. Although Ram Dass also mentions them (briefly) in "Be Here Now." Unfortunately, there are people who claim Yogananda's "Babaji" was their guru, etc. Way back in the 1970's & early 1980's, there was an East Indian "guru" called "Harikhan Baba" who claimed to be Yogananda's Babaji. This claim fell apart when he died of a massive heart attack in 1982 or thereabouts.

Also you might read the books on Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel and Evans-Wentz.

I think Baird T. Spalding was a liar. (I have his books.) And T. Lobsang Rampa was proven to be a fraud decades ago. Incredibly, people still read their books though.

SeaWind
edit on 10-2-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I found the book in PDF form for free download, but it's not in english.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Looks like I got some research to do, I have been fascinated on Tibet and Wuchi since god know's when. Now I get to add another to the list.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by l0vedim0

And its on Pirate Bay.

Maybe it isn't meant to be free? Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hi! I have read a book on this...albeit not in english and I am not sure if it has been translated into english. I have seen it in russian, bulgarian and serbian... Give it a try though. The original book is called "Od kogo mi proizoshli" (trans. "Who we have decended from" or "Where we come from") By Dr. Ernest Muldashev. Muldashev led an expedition to the Tibetan caves that are purported to be gene pools of humanity. Humanoid and human beings live in those caves for hundreds of years in a state of Samadhi. It talks about various races of beings that inhabited the Earth including Atlantides and Lemurians. It talks of their phenotype and traits as described by those who claim to have seen them (mainly very old cave-keepers). He interviewed the cave-keepers and gives various accounts and details of what happens when caves are entered. It is a detailed account on everything available on the subject. Look it up - worth a read.
S

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

I just heard of Samadhi (well, I'd heard of it long ago, but it didn't stay with me) and found this discussion. I saw this vid on youtube and this guy talks about giants and he talks of Samadhi caves in several places around the globe some with GIANTS in this state of suspended animation and their bodies, supposedly, are in excellent shape.

www.youtube.com...

Anyway, enjoy, I did. This man is pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Some things are very important here for the truth.

The "Tibetan Government" sent the military, not true Tibet has been occupied by China Genocide happened, even before them the only reason they would be going would be to keep up, by taking food and water etc the long and actual not false ramblings lineage of the Yogis

REAL yogis not false ones can be seen here for the first time:

T. Lobsang Rampa is an fraud and was an plumber or such like from England.

His books are fantasy in that he did not do that, though some of what he talks about is true!

For real info on some of the lost lineages of Yogi Masters google for "Mystics & Magicians of Tibet"

I happen to know some Yogis that is those who have spent long periods of isolation in retreat in Tibet Himalayas etc and have now come to teach..... so much fakery and lies about this subject that is the sources, the books the claims by Plastic Shamans..... but so close to truth to in what may be possible.

A real Yogi would never publicise it, except to teach to only another Yogic adept discuss it or make it known, they would be sat next to you, on an bus and you wouldn't even know besides feeling very very happy and warm and having some very good luck and health afterwards.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join