It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I steal a few minutes of your time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I do not know if this is in the right section or even the right forum, and if not please feel free to delete.

Without getting too detailed into my life, however if you have any questions I won't hold back in answering. I've been debating on making a thread like this in a while.

Bottom line, I'm depressed. I know many of my issues, I have the knowledge but I'm struggling to apply this, and utilizing wisdom.

With the state that my family is in, the medical states that my mother is in, my place in this world and my social life that I noticed I'm slowly pushing away because of my selfish unmet needs, that's built up for a few years, I'm in a state of depression. I do get angry quite easily but the choices I make I always weigh and make sure I do the right thing, regardless of Karma or anything, I hate a dirty conscience.

My eyes feel tired most of the day and I find myself struggling to enjoy simple things in life. My brothers suggest a psychologist however one of the biggest things that bother me is, I do know I'm loved but I don't feel compassion from others, a psychologist will give me advice, advice that I probably know but not the compassion I desire. I am open to medication however I still believe that medication is risky and is exploited in numerous ways. I hope to avoid that route at all costs. I'm not an athiest, but I am not religious, I'm more spiritual and philsophical. Recently about 2 weeks ago, I've started opening up to Jesus Christ. I of course still have few doubts that I disclose to him even in prayer, due to my questioning and logical nature, and the way I fancy these conspiracies.(I'm not a tin foil nut, I do not fear my world.)

I've been feeling more at peace, but I'm still struggling from one particular event that has happened and as minor as it is, it troubles me deeply. ithe purpose of this thread, I'm sorry for dragging this for so long,

I want you to send me a prayer, a prayer full of good intention and positive energy. For healing and light. I feel that power lies in focus, faith, and in numbers. Regardless if your athiest, religious or agnostic. Send me some of your energy please.

I am a stern believer that you manifest what the state of your mind is in, and I want to be in control of these emotions. Thank you very much for your time.

Also if you wish for the same, tell me a bit about yourself so I may focus on you directly and ill send some your way. Thanks again.

(Sorry for any spelling or gramatical errors I was in a hurry lol.)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Acknowledging the situation is generally the best first step in pulling yourself out of it.

I will send "good vibes" your way and ask that you do the same for anyone else that needs it. Lets build a network of individuals that work to achieve positive energy toward each other. Whether it is asking for good things to happen to that person, or just offering a smile, if we work together we can change the entire world, and with that, ourselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ill send some manifest energy your way if you send me some of yours back. may everything we want and dream of come true. do you believe? have faith

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey Kid,

I have to admit, it sounds like you're being sincere here. I like that. Being a rational and skeptical thinker myself, I can honestly say I've been there. I was in a deep downward spiral for quite some time (most of high school). I even went to one of those psychologists, though I got lucky (read as faked my increased happiness) and didn't get pills pushed on me.

One thing I did learn though, not from the psychologist just throughout the time period, is that just because you feel like your needs are selfish and filling you with guilt, doesn't mean they should. Everyone has those needs. Now, I'm easy going and fairly independent as it is, but honestly everyone has a certain set of base needs (one of those crucial ones being compassion). So don't feel like you're being selfish, that will just lead to more negative thoughts pushed on yourself by yourself. There's no need for that. I'm not saying you should go around demanding, blaming others for not feeling compassion from them, what I'm saying is you should not blame yourself for not feeling that compassion.

Okay, enough preaching on my part. I'm here to tell you that I am definitely sending you good vibes, and will continue to do so as long as you need me to. I'm not very religious, but at the same time I fully accept religion and understand it's place in the world, so I won't be praying necessarily but I will certainly be keeping you in mind and thinking happy thoughts along with that.

Good luck my friend.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

let our flags be the "healing" you need

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I will tell you how I overcome these great emotional difficulties.

I consider myself Already Dead.

Once I accept the fact I am Dead already, things change.
Now I am thankful for every minute of my life. I am thankful to have something to eat today, even if it's kinda crappy.

I am thankful I am not suffering greater than I already am, because it Could be Way Way Worse...
Realizing you are already dead, gives you a new lease on life. A new day to change things.

Happiness is a choice. It is not based on reality. It is based on your attitude.
I choose to be happy, even though I have nothing.
Everything in my physical life is a mess, but guess what? I don't care.
I am happy anyways.

Life is about being happy, not about being depressed.

If you are depressed, you need to focus 100% towards resolving that within yourself.
And choose to be happy DESPITE the crap reality we are stuck in.

That's how I do it.

edit on 9-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

let our flags be the "healing" you need

Screw that lol.

Try my medicine. My Pill.

A dose of Common Sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One little bit of advice.. Please don't use medication, anti depression drugs are no good for you at all. They may be a short term fix, but in the long term they can cause alot of problems.. And they don't get to the real root of the problem.
I hope you feel better soon..
I don't know how to send light and healing and all that kind of
Stuff, but if I did I'd send some your way..
edit on 9/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To the original poster and to the other in this thread that may feel "dead".

I am sending very strong energy your way in hopes of helping you realize how happy you can be. And should be.

You will soon see people coming foward as healers and shaman to also help others cope with crippling depression during such a hard time on Earth.

Focus on your breathing and inhale from the stomach, not the lungs. When you inhale, do so with your nostrils. Exhale with your mouth.

Be barefoot in soil or sand. Make sure you're in direct sunlight.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
only advice i can give is this....

Focus on the positive...ignore the negitive...

Try to learn meditation, and practice it...

Take two of these and call me in the morning...you'll feel better

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Try sitting down sometime when you're alone and taking a moment to just feel your pain.

Not think about the problems (not that there's anything wrong with that, but take a break from it); try your best to just quietly pay attention to that big ol' pit of blah that you sound like you have in there.

"The experience of pain gives way to one of peacefulness if it is consistently and dispassionately attended to for a sufficient time. Once the reactions to the pain--the horror, outrage, fear, tension, and so on--are separated out from the pure sensation, the sensation at some point will stop hurting." -Mark Epstein

It's worked for me on a few occasions, and often I've found myself with new insights into solutions.

If all else fails, try remembering that you aren't alone; you are in the company of a great many individuals throughout all of human history.

edit on 9-2-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am sorry you are in a trough right now. I do however think that, thats exactly what it is, and nothing more. Life is not much more than many inflection points. You will experience periods of elation or exhuberance which never last. You also will experience low self esteem and despair...this too shall pass. I personally think if you have truly "good" folks within your social circle, you need not see any psychologist. Remember the proponderance of what is written about "psychology, is PURE speculation. All you need is a person or a support group of "good" listeners. Also, please try to always remember that "he who angers you...controls you" and, there is always some "positive" that comes out of every "bad" situation, you just need to seek it out. Peace. g.a.g.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hello my friend. May Peace be upon you.
I feel compassion for your plea, and I feel sympathy for your troubles. You are my fellow human, and for this I love you and want the best for you.

I just came back from outside. I looked into the sky, closed and directed my eyes to our Sun. I stood there, concentrating on sending you strength to overcome. I manifested happiness, peace, and the weightlessness of being in the now.

Then the teaching rang into my head, "as to others, yourself." Realizing as I was healing you, I was also healing myself. The bliss expanded onto a moment's thought of peace throughout the world to all of mankind. I felt a stranger in a distant land feeling the bliss I felt at the same moment in time/space. I opened my eyes, looked at this beautiful existence, smiled, and tyed you these words.

May Peace be upon you

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hi Kidd,
I will send positive thoughts and prayers your way. One of the things I have learned in life (I'm 43), is that time is the great healer. When I'm having a horrible day and can't wait to crawl underneath my blanket and hide from the world, I tell myself that tomorrow is a new day. Change is the only thing that remains the same and when I'm in the grips of anger, sadness, frustration or what-have-you, I know those feelings will end at some point. Usually sooner than later.
Keep praying and focus on the good stuff in your life. If you look, you'll find the answers.
Take care.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Listen my friend, ...

The only difference between Heaven and Hell is Perspective, .....

So many people would LOVE to be exactly where you are, ..... right now. Go hang out in Haiti, .. or the slums of India for a few weeks, ..... go to jail. Get your mind right. how many people out there would kill for the simple things we take for granted everyday.... like walking.

Imagine having the worst toothache you have ever had, ..... how would you feel if the pain suddenly subsided ??? would you be happy ??

..... do you have a toothache now ?? PERSPECTIVE. be thankful for what you have.

This life is not forced upon us, we are not slaves to it, ..... each day is an opportunity for us to express and define ourselves in the way we see fit. A cosmic play written for us, ... by us.

USE IT, .... every insignificant drop of it, ......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

After I saw your reply, I searched and searched. I searched the "entire" internet, I talked to everyone who knows anything, and I scoured all the wriiten text available...and nowhere at all did it say "you" were "REQUIRED" to click on/post to this thread. I am very disappointed in your tactics. You may be 100% accurate, but your tone was lousy!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm on my phone and I'm pressed on time. I deeply want to reply to each one post directly, and I will when I have some free time on a computer. However I want to say that how suprised I am and how amazing you all are. Such consistent wisdom within every post. I'm moved, and I hope that I can hold onto this moment and remind myself of all your individual teachings.

So you all know, I recited every post and all your aliases, and I directed positive thoughts that I could to you, I intend to do so at another time when my mood is even more elevated.

Wow, thank you very much every single one of you. Also, a disclaimer, to the one mentioning flags, thank you and though I see your intention I want everyone to know that my intention is not one to gather stars or flags. I say this because I know ATS well lol.

Also IntestellaBurst was the last post I read, I find it telling that you being the last was the one who was more stern on the advice. I take it as a sign that as though everyone of you is right, it is damning to others in this world to think os negative, and I remind myself this, however I still am inflicted. A good way to counter that would be as muzzleflash said, but my thoughts are still as unfocused.

I will have a better post soon for you all I didn't address. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
One little bit of advice.. Please don't use medication, anti depression drugs are no good for you at all. They may be a short term fix, but in the long term they can cause alot of problems.. And they don't get to the real root of the problem.

Are you a doctor? Decisions that should be made by a professional.

It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. Its good that you keep that in mind. I wish you the best, and hope you get to feeling better.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I have been where you are and I know how hard it is! Unfortunately, I took the medication route, because it was an "easy" fix. I'm now in the process of going off my medication and I wish that I had just dealt with the problems to begin with, instead of starting the meds just to help me ignore the issues.

I think I'm going to add a line to my sig that says, "meditation, not medication." Meditation has helped me a lot, and I've only been able to successfully do it again for the past week. I had the hardest time meditating, but here is what helped me. I started using the Transcendence track from THIS thread. I can't even begin to tell you how much easier this made meditation. There are also others in the thread. The Bach to the Future one is nice, but I just don't care for listening to music while I meditate. You may like it though. I haven't tried the Star Trip one, but I think I will now.

I will definitely keep you in my prayers and do all the other things I do, lol. You hang in there! The ones who have told you to focus on the positive things, no matter how small, have given you excellent advice! I can't really add to that much more.
Please keep us updated! Be well!

Just a note: If you get to the point that medication is your ONLY option, research it WELL and really discuss it with your doctor before taking that route. Pay close attention to side effects and withdrawal symptoms before starting anything.

edit on 2/9/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekid90
....I've started opening up to Jesus Christ....

i am not usually this straight forward, but: DON'T.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
....I consider myself Already Dead.....

HEY! thats my line. no, really. i finally got to the point of desiring my own death several years ago. i decided, instead, to live my life "as though" i had committed the deed. it is amazing how many of life's "problems" you can give the birdie-finger to, dump entirely, and move on from by what i call the "suspended suicide".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join