It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 of the Worst 'Religious' Organizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A very interesting op-ed about what the author considers to be the top 5 "worst religious organisations"

Read The Full Piece HERE

Surprisingly, 3 of the 5 are so-called "christian" organisations, with one Hindu and one Muslim.

It is surprising the number of christians who deny the existence of extreme christian organisations, preferring instead to say that they are "not christian" at all.

But, isn't this something of a hypocrisy?
After all, most muslims would say that extremist muslim groups are "not muslim" but instead are radicals who have hijacked parts of a religious text to suit their own goals, whilst at the same time the very same christians who say exactly the same thing conveniently ignore moderate or true muslims in pursuit of their own promotional christian agenda.

I have long held the belief that organised religion is nothing more than social control, with extremist groups being those who desire the most control, and the more moderate people being the conotrolee's if you like.

Of course when you have 3 groups who basically worshp the same Abrahamic "god" but who have different aims, you get conflict.

I believe that it is time to put petty differences aside, and instead focus on similarities rather than differences - otherwise we simply have a glorified version of gang warfare.

This though, is where organised religion breaks everything down - as each sect of whichever religion seeks to recruit (or control) more members, the differences are highlighted and used as a tool of hate and division, rather than similarities being used to unify.

It's simple human nature that each party wants their own organisation to be "top dog" and the situation is not helped by the fact that in some countries, some people make huge amounts from religion, in complete contrast to the religious message they are trying to preach.

The problems arise when those controlled by a particular group or sect, take these messages to heart, and the end result is hate.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yep, it always comes down to..."My god is stronger than your god"

Good people do kind things,
Bad people do evil things,
It takes religion to get good people to do evil things.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Yep, it always comes down to..."My god is stronger than your god"

Kind of like 2 kids arguing over who has the toughest imaginary friend...

I don't mean to denigrate anyones belief system, but at the end of the day, all of the 3 main protagonists worship the same god, except by different names, and argue about who is his prophet, or the last/first of them...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'd argue that ALL "religious" organizations are evil. With that said, as a follower of Jesus Christ I'm not in the slightest bit surprised to see many "Christian" religious groups on the list. Jesus said to watch out for the "wolves in sheep's clothing." He didn't say to watch out for the wolves in wolf's clothing.

Of course when you have 3 groups who basically worshp the same Abrahamic "god" but who have different aims, you get conflict.

This is most certainly false. "Allah" is a Babylonian moon god that was recycled by Mohammad in the 7th century AD.

edit on 9-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm surprised that the Westboro Baptist Church (AKA, God Hates Fags) didn't make that list.
They're an extremely vile group.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I don't mean to denigrate anyones belief system, but at the end of the day, all of the 3 main protagonists worship the same god, except by different names, and argue about who is his prophet, or the last/first of them...

That idea is incorrect, Allah is not the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. He was a Babylonian moon god recycled by Mohammad in the 7th century AD.

The "spiritual ruler" of Ur was the moon god, and ultimately became the supreme deity of the Babylonian empire and several others. He went by many names, but one of the most interesting of the ancient times was the name "SIN". Sin to us originated in the Old English as an archery term meaning "to miss the mark", this wasn't the case in the Assyrian language, it was their name for the moon god.

Mohammad took the moon god "Sin" in the 7th century AD and named him "Allah".

edit on 9-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Rubbish.

Read al' quran, and all the other books.

The fact you don't want YOUR god to be associated with the muslim god is immaterial - 3 religions all worship the same god.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by budski

Oh little misled one.

Deny Ignorance.

Allah, the Moon god

Archaeological Photo galley of the Arabian Moon god

Allah (Ba'al) the pagan Babylonain moon god

Allah, Divine or Demonic?

You can say exactly the same about the christian god, and jesus, and mary.

Oh Horus where art thou.

Geez, like that argument is anything new ...
edit on 9/2/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Too painful to comment on the historical and archaeological documentation I linked? I figured as much.

Change the subject to Jesus and Horus? lol Not only is that a red herring fallacy, it's destroyed into millions of pieces by scholars who didn't get their credentials for $25 dollars on the internet.

Unless you can show that the historical and archaeological evidences presented are fabrications my point remains. Allah is not the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, but the Babylonian supreme deity Sin, the moon god.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Nice try - but your post isn't what the thread is about.

Which do YOU think are the worlds worst religions?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Nice try - but your post isn't what the thread is about.

It's not a "try", it's backed up by historical and archaeological facts. "Allah" is a recycled babylonian moon god that predates Islam by over 1,000 years.

Which do YOU think are the worlds worst religions?

I've already stated this. All forms of religion are evil. When Jesus was on earth He went after the religious folks the hardest.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

See that's where you are wrong - religion in and of itself is not evil, it's what some people do with it that is evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

See that's where you are wrong - religion in and of itself is not evil, it's what some people do with it that is evil.

Watch the video in my signature and maybe then you can see where I'm coming from. A "religion" can seem all sweet and full of Skittles and unicorns but at the end of the day if it keeps you from heaven it's a doctrine of demons and pure evil. Secondly, religion leads to either self-righteous pride or depression, it never leads to a humble joy.

I'm firmly against all forms of religion, with the Christian version being the most disgusting. Jesus Christ's message was one of redemption. He had the strongest words for the "religious" folks of His day, the Sadducees and Pharisees.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Plese people go read the bible with people who can guid you-Jehovah witness or seventh day adventists QUIT arguing about god, nobody has all the answers except godalmighty WE are all foolish to explain anything except the comandment of LOVE

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
Plese people go read the bible with people who can guid you-Jehovah witness or seventh day adventists QUIT arguing about god, nobody has all the answers except godalmighty WE are all foolish to explain anything except the comandment of LOVE

I myself wouldn't look towards two cults for "guidance".

"And He spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? Shall they not both fall into the ditch?" Luke 6:39

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am sorry, you are mistaken:

The Moon God Conspiracy

As for the original topic, you really should've posted the names and descriptions of the 5 groups so that lazy people like me wouldn't have to go through the article

I wonder what criteria they used, though? It seems a fairly subjective article.

top topics

join