It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 CA7 The Size of a VW Bug, Headed For Earth 2/9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

;yes, it is coming, but in summerian times, is not what they expect us to be today.
A lot has happened in 4,978 years. The children grew up.

edit on 9-2-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

Ok, I will try to do without caps. I am dyslexic, I can write better backwards than you can forward. But the all caps or no caps takes me forever to write anything. Eninsten was also dyslexic, I can't even spell it, but I can talk all day about other dimensions, and we are just Gods Nintendo Game. Everything we experience is a link to the truth. Life is but a stage, and we are the players. When times get tought, let go and let God guide you through it. There has been so much scary stuff, and I got into it myself. God is love and so are we.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Flagged and starred. I think you're pretty sharp.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
from Orion constelation? Isn't this from where the Nibiru is coming? Maybe these are yust debris from it?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

a little further south than Europe actually, a little spot on the planet called Australia.
So I am assuming then that it is the 9th day of the second month 2011

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is not going to look good in our history books.....

How Earth got done in by Herbie

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sharp as a bowling ball maybe...

It's less than 3 hours away now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Well it looks like the NASA site is saying "Number of Potential Impacts = 4" with "Energy of 8.1e-04 MT (Measured in Megatons of TNT)" Do they figure that is the number of 'chunks' that will break off and hit earth?

Must be coming from a 'Bug planet'.
Bzzzzzzz

Yes, that is food for thought. This is one of a series of smallish, and newly, (very new) discovered rocks. They could possibly be parts of something bigger that has disintegrated,

2011 BE24 Feb 3 9.3 LD 9.99 35 m
2011 CQ1 Feb 4 0.03 LD -- 2 m
2011 CF22 Feb 6 0.1 LD -- 3 m
2011 CA7 Feb 9 0.3 LD -- 4 m
2011 CZ3 Feb 10 2.5 LD -- 23 m

Just to add, If NASA isn't worried, neither am I...yet. Info from spaceweather.com.

spaceweather.com...

edit on 9-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja
there seem to be more and more earth approaching objects as the days go by could that mean there coming from
something much bigger

It's our technology advancing to detect more of these, not that more exist now then before.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The only thing that strikes a little fear in me regarding all these recent close calls, was the report from the latest close call where the earths gravitational pull, had a drastic effect on the trajectory of the object as it passed bye and drew it closer into our blue sphere. Now that was a small asteroid bye standerds now we have a bigger one approx size of a VW heading our direction, I don't know enough to make a qualified statement but, speculating that a larger object would recieve more pull and thus alter course further making the next pass even more eventfull. To me it just seems with every close pass we up our chances more and more of a close call ending up in one of our oceans......

And with Elenin even larger with unknown mass and composer travelling outside the visable zone, just remains food for thought

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
According to Spaceweather.com, meteor WILL NOT be visible with naked eye, it´s glowing like 17th magnitude star. You know how dim is that? You can't see it even with binoculars, you need good telescope.

And I agree that there is just normal amount of meteors, there is not any "meteor swarm" coming earth, our technology is just getting better, we can now see really dim objects more easily.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

On spaceweather you get a lot more info that NOAA. Plus I use their images for desktop background. Great site.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LannisterGold

Originally posted by crimsonninja
there seem to be more and more earth approaching objects as the days go by could that mean there coming from
something much bigger

It's our technology advancing to detect more of these, not that more exist now then before.

That's partly true, but there is a lot to be done, they still need people to watch the sky, it's not scaremongering, you have to be pragmatic about it. If there is a sudden influx of stuff that is a surprise, then both the technology and human resource is lacking in some way.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

I think 17 is times as bright as the brightest star, and it is coming between the earth and the moon. It should be easy to see. It is 1/4 the distance between the earth and the moon. I did'nt see where Space Weather said one way or another about being able to see it or not. It is so cloudy where I am I wouldn't be able to see it anyway. About the Earth's gravitational pull, I never thought about how far does it effect anything but it goes way out beyond the moon, but not as far as the comet Elinin.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

A 17 magnitude object is extremely dim, bright objects are in the negative magnitude. For example the ISS is typically a magnitude of -3.0.

Also, the asteroid has already had it's closest pass about 10 hours ago.

edit on 9/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh! so there`s a bug going around?

cheers for the heads up.

edit on 9-2-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Less than a week ago, on February 4, 2011-CQ, an object about the same size as Wednesday’s 2-3 meter (6.5-10 ft) wide asteroid zipped past only 11,855 km (7,366 miles) from the surface of the Earth. If that seems really close to you, it’s because that’s really close. Your TV satellite is about three times farther out in space.
reply to post by Chadwickus

On Wednesday afternoon, 2011-CA7, an asteroid the size of a volkswagen, will shoot past the Earth so close that it will be lower than some satellites.

Now we can see satellites on a clear night and it is much closer than a satellite so I doubt it would be hard to see. They will have images on Space Weather tomorrow. Plus this asteroid was just discovered about 2 wks ago. Maybe you are thinking of the Comet Elinin.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oh sorry I foregot the link for the info above,

LINK

aquapour.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join