It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 CA7 The Size of a VW Bug, Headed For Earth 2/9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Everyone is going on about Comet Elinin, which is not coming even close enough to be on the Impact Risk site. But just last week an Asteroid the size of a VW Bug will come closer to the Earth than anything lately. Not long ago there was an Probe that could detect dark objects. Dark object are very hard to see, but to spot this one just last week is one thing that keeps a lot of Astronomers up all night....The one you don't see coming until they are right on top of us. It will be visibale from earth. I do not have the exact location as yet, but a friend that works with NASA astronomers said he will let me know anything else he hears. It will come within 1/4 the distance to the moon, and will be seen by the naked eye.

NASA Impact Risk Site.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a video of the asteroid and relations to the earth.

www.space.com...

footnote, Comet Elinin, will not effect the earth at all and we will be lucky if we even see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Small size car is not scary, as a majority would burn up to baseball size hitting the earth.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
there seem to be more and more earth approaching objects as the days go by could that mean there coming from
something much bigger

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

When is it supposed to be passing by?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

But just last week an Asteroid the size of a VW Bug will come closer to the Earth than anything lately.

Umm...

I think we're a little confused here...

Doc!?

From SpaceWeather:

Newly-discovered asteroid 2011 CA7 is going to fly past Earth on Feb. 9th only 63,000 miles away, or 1/4th the distance to the Moon. At closest approach around 1700 UT, the VW-Bug-sized space rock will zip through the constellation Orion glowing like a 17th magnitude star.

edit on 8/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
yeah according to www.spaceweather.com it will be visible around the constellation Orion in the night sky
also first post yay
edit: darn Chadwickus beat me to it
edit on 8-2-2011 by Omnislash772 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It does make one wonder though with all the information at our fingertips now,that i believe we have all come to realise that there are millions of objects orbitting by and potentials exist at any moment for strikes,although as long as they pass on and don`t change the moons face,now that would be bad...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omnislash772
yeah according to www.spaceweather.com it will be visible around the constellation Orion in the night sky
also first post yay
edit: darn Chadwickus beat me to it
edit on 8-2-2011 by Omnislash772 because: (no reason given)

LOL, star for First Post!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
IMO the fact that this week alone we are going to, and have had many near misses that appear suddenly puts me a lil on edge. But all told there is so much stuff out there we hardly know anything about, just to me so many objects in such a relative short time with untold how many more to come. And just how much closer the next one may be, is what really has my mind buzzing....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well it looks like the NASA site is saying "Number of Potential Impacts = 4" with "Energy of 8.1e-04 MT (Measured in Megatons of TNT)" Do they figure that is the number of 'chunks' that will break off and hit earth?

Must be coming from a 'Bug planet'.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The comet or astroid that was mentioned as not coming very close along with the one In August, Honda, these things do depend on a lot of other matters. Ie. The sun, is what fuels a comet, and the sun is acting up, cme's do make a difference, in additon, earth is undergoing a bit pole reversal and alot of things can change between now and then, including how close we get to zero polarity, which makes us a big magnet. There are things that make us a magnet as well, law of attraction and consequence, in this highly interactive, holographic, duality school. Wars, extreme poverty of billions, chidlren dying of poverty every other second, and the compromised, mindlessness of people addicted to violent entertainment and luxuries while mindless of the needs of the majority around them, play a huge role in law of consequence.

11 11. 2011 is the coloring book page turning.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
when I first look't at the title I thought it said "CAT not CA7"
I thought alien cats attacking earth?
Meow!

lets have bets for witch disaster will be the one to kill us?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What ever doesn't make you stronger only kills you....

I'm kinda hoping for a nice distraction from the same old same old "we are all gonna dies".

edit on 8-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

I didn't say it was scary, I am reporting the fact that the closes thing to earth that is an impact threat is the size of a VW Bug, THE SCARY PART IS HOW FAST IT IS GOING AND THE EXPLOSIVE ENERGY IT HAS. Most Asteroids even small ones are traveling at the rate of 50,000 miles per minute. Now can; you imagine if you started your car and it was going 50,000 miles per minute and hit an 18 wheeler. Size in this case does'nt matter it is the speed and impact. Being the size it is and the close approch it can be pulled into the earth by gravity. But I don't think it will nor did I say it would. It was just discovered last week and already projected to make 4 earth impacts. Do I think it will now, NO. But even NASA doesn't know for sure. Everyone is raising all kind of Bull about this Comet Elinin and you will never know it pasted. Total Scare can I say Crap. But if I can get people to look for themseleves and know what is danger and what is not. I have already been called a doomsdayer. Well, I learned that it is better even if you know, to let people just live, without fear. Check these links often, NASA is not hiding anything, but if you want to know what is going on go to the source.

www.space.com...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

But just last week an Asteroid the size of a VW Bug will come closer to the Earth than anything lately.

Umm...

I think we're a little confused here...

Doc!?

From SpaceWeather:

Newly-discovered asteroid 2011 CA7 is going to fly past Earth on Feb. 9th only 63,000 miles away, or 1/4th the distance to the Moon. At closest approach around 1700 UT, the VW-Bug-sized space rock will zip through the constellation Orion glowing like a 17th magnitude star.

edit on 8/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

He is from the future. How dare you attack him for warning us of events that he has already seen happen!

BTW, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

This is way out of school, but the earth is going through and over lap of swarm B comets and swarm A comets. And the earth is passing right throught this over lap, so in otherwords we are getting the double whammie. The last time the earth past through this double whammies was Noah's flood, the Sumerian Text is more accurate. This happened in my theory and others, [Dr. de Jogan] I hope I spelled his name right. He studies ancient rock carvings and we both studie ancient tree circles of 5,000 year old trees. We both came up with the date of the Flood as 2354 BC. [now I put this on another thread and he thought I was talking about 2354 in the future. To get to the point every time the earth has passed through the swarm A overlapping swarm B. It has caused a major extintion of life on this planet. In 2354 BC. [and that does not mean British Central Time] and if you watch the discovery channel you are more likely to be killed by and asteroid than a plane crash or terrorist.

epochrevelations.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am sorry if I confuse it. This has been going on for sometime, many have confused ufo's when it was asteroids, the US government made all things approching the earth Callsiffied. Just call George Noory. My book was stolen by the FBI in 2007, because I told about the over lap of comets and asteroids that are coming at the earth and then they made it Classified March 2009. I am really just trying to get people to go to the sites where they can findout what is going on and how to read the charts, because you are not going to be warned by the media or even anything altenitive.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Feb. 9 and 10, Anyone that gets this is a time to come together and pray , meditate, still our mind, and be one force. It does make a difference. BELOW IS THE "DOT". IT IS THE EMOTIONSAL DOT OF THE WORLD. RANDOM GENTERATORS. If it comes up the home page just look at the left for the DOT it tells you the emotional stability of the earth, if at the top look out if at the bottom were ok.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why don't you just get a job as a mod.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Omnislash772

Oh, Congrads, They have this hazzing thing going on so if you can get throuh it you will be fine. Let me know when you post your first thread'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join