It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

waking up - being awake - being enlightened - break it down - define it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There have been a lot of threads recently on people waking up, the coming shift in consciousness and being enlightened.

I ask this of my open minded ats friends...could someone please explain what waking up is. Is it becoming aware of the fact that there is more to this world and to this life than we are lead to believe or is it more than that...

and is being awake just being more aware or is being awake being enlightened

and what is being spiritually enlightened? and how is it any different from being awake, or (spiritually) aware?

dose that even make sense?.....

edit on 8-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's a term used by people to make them feel superior to others, who they call 'asleep'[
edit on 8/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Its Kind of the Process of realisation and Re-evaluation of the way you see and perceive life and The acceptance of a Bigger picture been painted around us.

when people say theve "Woken-up" What they have done is awoken from a dreamstate conciousness to a Wider and more understanding Conciousness

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
thanks for the reply...so whats the difference between awake and enlightened?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Being awake / enlightened, spiritual or not, is when you realize you are not the only one/ thing in the universe. It's when you accept the fact that there are things greater that what we see and have on this planet. It's when you understand that anything is possible. Being open to all these possibilities is being awake / enlightened.

link   
reply to post by Griffo

thanks for the thought but I was asking open minded people

link   

Its just a metaphor. Look past it, go beyond words.

“All instruction is but a finger pointing to the moon;
and those whose gaze is fixed upon the pointer
will never see beyond.
Even let him catch sight of the moon,
and still he cannot see its beauty.”
- Buddha

edit on 8-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Both One and the same i think, Been "Awake" seemingly incorporates many things such as Enlightenment, Understanding and Self-Awareness, It is Knowing rather than Just Living and coupled with a greater sense of acheivement and responsibilty to solve problems rather than create them

"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over
the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future,
for it has not yet come. Live in the present,
and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering"
edit on 8/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
People are waking up to know that they all are god or creator. And they will fully understand that fact soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think it means you are more spiritually awakened to your universal/dimension surroundings. One day you would wake up and go about you normal day w/o a question asked and now you wake up full of questions associated with who you are and what may you become. I see as well many new threads related to ascension-enlighten-being aware. And now it is associated with 2012 process. Personally for me it was realizing there is more to life then what is told and knowing and excepting that some who feel more high than the have ways of manipulating life and death BUT NOT EXISTENCE...

It seems for some it may be a time when their souls become more in control then the 3d body currently many are trapped within. Which in turn will allow the soul energy of 1 to become more defined and aware of its universal surrounding causing the said energy to adapt and to exist within a higher dimension/plane.

Some feel this process will effect some positive or neg. Pos. effect may cause the energy from 1 to become redefined into a new form that may effect different plane or dimension in positive ways.. Service To Others S.T.O. The neg. effect may cause 1z energy to become trapped within lesser plane then previous existing within due to them demonstrating Service To Selves S.T.S behavior during stay within 3d realm. Some feel this will be temp. phase and the STS individuals may have another chance during next ascension..
Hope that helps
be well and good luck in your learnings

edit on 2/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Funny you should say that, We are not either Our own gods nor our own creators, However we have the ability and tecnology to be both

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am in the very -last and least- position to believe and pronounce that I am superior to anyone (LOL) but I am "awake" because this is what awake means to me: I know that flouride is a poison. I know what goes on in factory farms, and they need to be abolished. I know that animals are not inferior, they are just different Beings with very psychic and mediumistic abilities. I am mostly keeping myself aprised of what is nationaly and globally going on, via like, CSPAN II and my computer. I know that, I cannot rely on a politician to do what he or she promised. I know that there is a dark force working proverbial puppet strings behind the most powerful leaders in the world. Put best by Woodrow Wilson. "Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it".
He then proceeded to exhort of the trials for the small innovative man versus crushing monopoly, which is what some surmise as why the odd reference previous. But it just doesn't string together right, in my view.
So therefore,....What on earth? ...... or maybe NOT on earth?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I like some of her vids, they make sence sometimes(depends on how i feel)

Be creator

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
It's a term used by people to make them feel superior to others, who they call 'asleep'[
edit on 8/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

I pretty much agree with this. People like to think they know a great secret that the masses don't.
I notice that many who claim to be "enlightened" are quick to claim that those who disagree are "closed minded" rather than confront the fact that they're just normal, average people.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

ahhh the law of attraction...I was recently passed a cd by Esther and Jerry hicks and realised I have been (kind of) living by this for years without realising it...thanks for the post

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
double post

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Define waking up...

In other words its about focussing.
Its not about your body's evolving into different abilities to think
What a believe is is just a thought that you keep thinking.
And so its a evolution of believe, that is taking place right now
All things that manifest manifests as indicators of believes.
So we are talking about believes and of course all of that other psychical intuitive stuff we follow.
Its not being awake, ore enlightend. We are all in the evolution of believes. Unity comes forward

Look Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan, Yemen and all the other countries that are starting to believe in them selves(the individuals) This will blow over the whole world, no way back.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

ahhh the law of attraction...I was recently passed a cd by Esther and Jerry hicks and realised I have been (kind of) living by this for years without realising it...thanks for the post

I am trying for years, I will get there I came from long away of a place called dualism and ego created by my life story.
Great that you are in Esther terms experiencing the vibrational escrow

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ok so im asking because im trying to figure out where i fit in with everyone else's use of the term 'awake'...trying to figure out where i am in my journey...this is me(my explanation from another post):

my experience with this all started when I stumbled across 9/11 of all things towards the end of last year...I hadn't paid much attention to it since it happened and had just believed what I had been told, then I read a whole bunch of stuff on it and was blown away...it had a funny effect on me. It made me begin to question things and look at the structure of society in a different way and in a funny way it opened my mind a bit and allowed my thought processes to change...This in turn allowed me, when presented with some really interesting, much more relevant ideas, to be able to take them in and not turn away as I would have done. Around this time I also had been asking a question, the big question "what is it all for", that's not to say I was unhappy or anything, I was just asking for the first time in a long time. It's funny, I have always said thank you when things went well, always thought of life as connected and things happening for a reason, life got in the way somewhere and berried it all...until recently that is. My waking up, or trying to or beginning to (not exactly sure where I am with this) wasn't an epiphany, it has been gradual, subtle experience...a gradual realisation I guess

I no longer pay much attention to 9/11 as I have made my opinion on that and see it as a catalyst...the thing that allowed me to begin to think about the world in a more open minded way...It's funny, I realised I was actually much more open minded when I was younger, I just didn't realise it at the time, and with life I kind of forgot...then recently i opened up and now have a completely different perspective on the world, on us, on we...Im not sure if I have woken up or am waking up, I hope so but don't really know...I know I have a long way to go but I meditate, (have awakened my kundalini)I dont seem to worry any more, am more compassionate and loving, caring (most of the time:lol and am at peace, I am excited by this amazing world, it really feels like a fantastic time to be alive!

does this mean im waking up, am awake or am just more aware of what is actually happening around me?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

To keep it short we are almost parallel in the journey even in our view's like your last comment.

Your story has also to do with chancing your believes, and the effect it has on you when you view the same old things with your as some say more awakened state. For me it is chancing your believes..
When you start to think different over the same things, that's waking up. But you can only wake up by chancing your believes.

The revolution already stared, its just in my believe a question of time( i think weeks)before we are al demanding chance. Unity thru thought( sharing the same believes)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join