It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthy Russian Lawmaker Flees to US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Wealthy Russian Lawmaker Flees to US

macedoniaonline.eu

A wealthy Russian lawmaker has fled with his family to the United States, where he says he fears assassination over accusations that some of Russia's richest and most influential people swindled him in a real estate deal. Back home, he's been charged with financial crimes.

The case could become a headache for the Obama administration. The U.S. is counting on Moscow's support in everything from the fight against extremists in Afghanistan to efforts to derail the nuclear programs of Iran and North Korea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.buffalonews.com

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wow this could be pretty important especially since he may be seeking asylum here in the United States after he was charged with financial crimes back home in his native Russia where he fears an assassination could be attempting against him.

This definitely places added pressure on the Obama White House to figure something out, whether they assist this man and possibly save his life by granting him asylum while at the same time angering Moscow or send him back home to Russia where he could be assassinated.

A story we should be following closely.

macedoniaonline.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
BIG QUESTION HERE.

It is difficult to get into the US - did he have any difficulty? No.

So, what is he skilled at apart from lying? (Don't tell me, he is a lawyer as well as being a pol - double lies).

Oh, no, I forgot, it is the big fat rich club.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
BIG QUESTION HERE.

It is difficult to get into the US - did he have any difficulty? No.

So, what is he skilled at apart from lying? (Don't tell me, he is a lawyer as well as being a pol - double lies).

Oh, no, I forgot, it is the big fat rich club.

When you seek refugee status, it doesn't really matter how much money you have, from what I know. And honestly, having money doesn't automatically make someone a horrible person. In Russia, it kinda does, because most everyone is poor. Therefor, they tend to blame the rich for being rich and either seize all their assets 'for the motherland,' or they kill them. He fears being killed, no?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

Oh also, any high profile criminals, we'll take them as well. Reading what I have about Mubarak and the support garnered from the U.S., it seems that money is they key to all.. Well, what it's the key to I don't know, but I sure do know you can get away with (in some cases, literally) murder and much worse. Land of the free!

new topics

top topics

join