It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I understand that there is much historical violence with different religions such as Christianity with the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades....but recently, it seems like Islam is taking up the sword and showing the most amount of violence.

Violence in Egypt, Terrorism....and now in this heartbreaking clip, violence against an Islamic Minority!

Majority Islam attacking a Minority Islam!!!

You don't see Catholics beating up 7th Adventists....or Indian Hindus killing Balinese Hindus.....what is it about Islam that makes followers turn to violence to solve problems?

(Warning, very graphic)
(for those of you without the stomach to watch, it basically shows a large group of Muslims screaming "Allah is Great" while severely beating an Ahmadiyya member from their village)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Violence is culturally accepted by many Muslims which is why it persists. Christian cultures in the past have also been violent toward opposing Christian branches but in time it became socially unacceptable and therefore disappeared. As long as violence among Muslims remains culturally acceptable they will remain violent.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
No but you did see mobs of various Christian faiths pillaging and murdering Mormon communities in the 1800s forcing us to flee to a sucking desert where the climate is extreme on both ends of the spectrum, damn hot summers and damn cold winters.

Anyways, no I think the various perceptions on Islam are taking things to a level we've not seen in hundreds of years. Even in regards to my faith's early days, this is way extreme.

I feel really bad for those that have to go through this on a day to day basis.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
How can these people proclaim the greatness of god while committing this atrocity? Does that mean Allah condones this violence?? Is this written in the Koran? (Any students of Islam to comment please?)

Why does something which cannot be proven one way or another lead to so much pain and human suffering?

IMHO, The world would be a lot better of a place without religion.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Violence is culturally accepted by many Muslims which is why it persists. Christian cultures in the past have also been violent toward opposing Christian branches but in time it became socially unacceptable and therefore disappeared. As long as violence among Muslims remains culturally acceptable they will remain violent.

And what gives you the right to make a statement like that?

p.s. I'm a Muslim and I just wanted to know what my religion is "really" like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-2-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Hmmm, might be interesting to research and find which religion has killed the most..

I'm guessing it's NOT Islam....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
How can these people proclaim the greatness of god while committing this atrocity? Does that mean Allah condones this violence?? Is this written in the Koran? (Any students of Islam to comment please?)

Why does something which cannot be proven one way or another lead to so much pain and human suffering?

IMHO, The world would be a lot better of a place without religion.

They are just using religion as a way to allow the violence in themselves to prosper. Allah doesn't condone the violence at all.

Some people are just really ignorant.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

In my OP I acknowledged that other religions have been quite violent in past history - but what I want to know is what is it about Islam in 2011 that still produces this violence?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

In my OP I acknowledged that other religions have been quite violent in past history - but what I want to know is what is it about Islam in 2011 that still produces this violence?

The thing is that it isn't Islam. All religions have people fighting over which one is better. It's just that the media reports more on Islam than any other religion.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Thank you for your reply binomial, I value your opinion in this thread.

If Allah does not condone this violence, then where do these people get the idea to do this? Are the local clerics being taught wrong?

Does Islam have a system where knowledge and teachings are replicated around the world or do things become more extreme the further students stray from the cradle of Islam?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Ummm, being controlled by the west to steal their resources and keep them in the dark ages and poverty??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply binomial, I value your opinion in this thread.

If Allah does not condone this violence, then where do these people get the idea to do this? Are the local clerics being taught wrong?

Does Islam have a system where knowledge and teachings are replicated around the world or do things become more extreme the further students stray from the cradle of Islam?

All that is and ever will be of Islam is contained in the Qur'an.

Some local clerics are corrupted, but so are others. There is a huge factor between corruption in other countries than the United States. That is education. The masses back in other countries can be convinced easier because they know less. Literacy rate is way lower there than over here. So how are you supposed to know if its true if you can't check.This is how the corrupted work.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Ummm, being controlled by the west to steal their resources and keep them in the dark ages and poverty??

Sure, that would create anger and possibly violence toward the West, but in this clip, we have Islam vs Minority Islam...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

It's one event..
Would you like a few hundred clips of Americans beating up and shooting fellow Americans?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Didnt watch your propaganda. Why? You said it in your first few lines. To me Every religion is slightly disturbed. I am not religious but i hate one religion pointing the finger at another that their crimes are worse. Catholic and christian priests and fathers molest children all the time, yet i bet you dont point and critisize them . I personally feel that anyone thats trying to change minds with disturbing images instead of words is just as sick as the person using the images of punishment as words of their laws.
PS How many innocent people have been executed in the American penial system? Lots i bet and i bet alot more to come!
edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I'll await lysergic and sherlock to start rambling on before I post my opinion.

those two are the mega apologists of this century...

Oo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So basically, you are saying that these people are dumb villagers who are being corrupted and learning the wrong Islam from their local cleric?

You can't possibly apply that logic to all the violence committed by Islam all over the world?

I see how violence can be linked to education.....much in the same way that religious belief is linked to education - those with a very high level of education tend to see the fallacy of religion and do not believe in such things. (ie, Oxford Atheists).

I feel sorry for the children of the villagers who witnessed this horrible act and have now received their education that this is OK.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Nick_X

It's one event..
Would you like a few hundred clips of Americans beating up and shooting fellow Americans?

HE ONLY POSTED ONE EVENT...

Bloody nora, are you 9 ?

Ugh Im not going to go into it with you, face palming and headbutting brick walls is NOT worth it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

HE ONLY POSTED ONE EVENT...
Bloody nora, are you 9 ?
Ugh Im not going to go into it with you, face palming and headbutting brick walls is NOT worth it.

Hmm 9.?? Now that would be nice..I had fun at school..

But anyways, do I really need to show the violence inflicted on westerners by fellow westerners??
Do we have a list of murders commited in the US??

Kinda blows this thread out of the water IMO....

edit on 7-2-2011 by backinblack because: little spelling check..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
How can you say that Muslims are the violent ones, when the US has killed literally hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the multiple illegal wars around the world?

Me thinks you swallow too much brainwashing. You're only seeing half of the story, so you get worked up into a frenzy as if it's the 'summer of the shark attacks", when really the number of shark attacks is the same as every year but you eat up their story that they weave.. It's like you are stuck in Germany in 1941 and wondering why the Brits are so violent...
edit on 7-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join