It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 reasons why it's kicking off everywhere.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Came across this article by Paul Mason from the BBC, regarding the state of protesting around the world and the reasons he gives for them.

19. As the algebraic sum of all these factors it feels like the protest "meme" that is sweeping the world - if that premise is indeed true - is profoundly less radical on economics than the one that swept the world in the 1910s and 1920s; they don't seek a total overturn: they seek a moderation of excesses. However on politics the common theme is the dissolution of centralized power and the demand for "autonomy" and personal freedom in addition to formal democracy and an end to corrupt, family based power-elites.

It has to be pointed out the points are generalizations, but are definitely worth taking a look over.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-2-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This fits nicely with Pluto in Capricorn....just sayin'

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wow, a pretty sobering look at what is happening. The reasons give me hope for humanity though, and seem to be the ingredients for genuine change and (r)evolution. Maybe this really is the dawning of Aquarius? It is true, technology facilitates awareness and change like nothing else, and I have often felt that it would be advanced technology that is a big factor in lifting us from servitude and ignorance.
United We Stand

Thanks for bringing this onboard

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It does sound like the pressure is building for a new form of governance, when people can easily talk and connect on many topics there is a lot said.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It just all seemed to happen so suddenly.

But then again, these things sometimes do. Who (Ok, besides Gerald Cenlente at the time, a lone voice in the late-80s wilderness) would have thought in 1988 that the USSR would begin to crack up a scant year later? The pace of change is an order of magnitude more blistering now than it was then, too, thanks to all the twitternets and infratubes available...

edit on 2/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The pace of change is an order of magnitude

Made me think of this:

I agree with you SL, the exponential outgrowth of connectivity is really adding to the pace of it all. Not only does something innovative surface, but as it does the rest of the world is in on it too. We are all getting more involved and while that will surely bring strife, with it also will come new paradigms and genuine change in attitudes.
Yes I'm a glass half full kinda dude

spec

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nothings really going to change until this happens in USA
The Pentagon and CIA also need purging of power.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I find the whole concept of the "meme" quite fascinating. It's a term i have heard used but never really understood what it meant.

7. Memes: "A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes, in that they self-replicate, mutate and respond to selective pressures." (Wikipedia) - so what happens is that ideas arise, are very quickly "market tested" and either take off, bubble under, insinuate themselves or if they are deemed no good they disappear. Ideas self-replicate like genes. Prior to the internet this theory (see Richard Dawkins, 1976) seemed an over-statement but you can now clearly trace the evolution of memes.

top topics

join