It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every contrail now a chemtrail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know skunk works is the proper forum for chemtrail topics, but if this turns into more of a rant, mods please move appropriately.

When did every single contrail that appears off the wings of the planes flying above become magically chemtrails. Now I know that they are not really, I am not even a believer in the chemtrail phenomenon, not that I have ever delved deep enough to decide one way or another, but really, it seems every single line appearing in the skies is designated a chemtrail.

I see if in many UFO threads, the OP will use the contrail as a reference to the alleged UFO, and refer to it s a chemtrail.

When members post pictures of the night sky asking about what is that star here or that one there, inevitably they will say , you know the one next to the chemtrail.

Even in my personal life, I recently ran into a guy who was looking at the crossing contrails late in the afternoon and even he referred to them as chemtrails, I said to him you mean contrails, and he 'corrected' me telling me "No I saw on the internet they are called chemtrails, because of the chemicals in the jetfuel, not dangerous though..."

So I ask when did the word contrail become unrecognizable and replaced by chemtrail?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've been wondering this, though didn't post it :p

You get now people taking videos of contrails in the sky labelled such as "all these chemtrails over XXXX". I mean, how do you even know what they are? It's like contrails don't exist anymore :/

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

It's because no two sources for the "truth" about "chemtrails" are going to agree on much of anything, other than they come from planes. Even then, some say the planes are "different", "military", "commercial", "sprayers", even "invisible". Then the contents are said to be too much stuff to list, the people behind the plan varied or called the mystical "THEM" or TPTB, the purpose is all over the place and changes with time........
It makes it all too hard to follow. Glad I can think for myself, learn a little something about what a contrail is and know when I hear or read the word "chemtrail" I am dealing with someone who needs to get out a bit more.

The "chemtrails but they are not dangerous (paraphrased)" is a new wrinkle in the story. I wonder which site taught him that.....????

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I never really bought completely into this on either but I did see a little evidence after just paying a little more attention to the skies. I live fairly close to a major airport and I noticed the chemtrails on clear days and you can tell the big planes when they are going by. Then I sat and watched the same size plane fly over and no contrail no chemtrail nothing just flying through the air and some linger and puff up and some dissipate when they are skinny what does it all mean no clue. Do planes sometimes not make contrails or when they are slowing down I think these are some of the questions we should be asking. Also most of the time you see them fueling up your commercial jetliners are people really suggesting that the commercial airlines are spraying poision on purpose or is it only government planes or blackwater contract people. Because average joe blow baggage handler is not going to be able to keep a chemtrail secret lets get real anyone with a clean record can get a job at the airport its not rocket science fueling up a plane.
A lot of people are speculating the gov agenda though altering the weather and after the year we are having is it really that strange oh these things happen all the time dont they clouds full of barrillium and a whole country of people with the whooping cough.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Every contrail is now a chemtrail? Really? Hyperbole much?

This probably does belong in rants.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Every contrail is now a chemtrail? Really? Hyperbole much?

This probably does belong in rants.

That is the point. The hyperbole of human experience when it comes to contrails.

Somewhere in the past few years, maybe more, every single contrail is being called a chemtrail, when in reality they are the same contrails that we have been seeing in the skies for the last handful or so of decades.

A contrail is a contrail and should be noted as such, but it seems to me that they are all designated as chemtrails, on these forums, ni others, and even in everyday life by people who have no idea why they call them that.

How and why did this phenomenon happen?
Hyperbole? Yes.
But that is the point.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The funny thing is, when I joined this website, persistent contrails like this one:

Were supposedly proof of some sort of exotic propulsion for an aircraft, such as the Aurora.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
So I ask when did the word contrail become unrecognizable and replaced by chemtrail?

Once you develop the belief confirmation bias kicks in to reinforce the belief (since there's no positive evidence favoring the conspiracy theory). Once you become a chemtrail hammer, every contrail looks like a nail.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
The funny thing is, when I joined this website, persistent contrails like this one:

Were supposedly proof of some sort of exotic propulsion for an aircraft, such as the Aurora.

Water Vapor evolved to exotic propulsion contrails, evolved to chemtrails because the govt is poisoning us all.
Sounds like a logical conspirital flow chart to me haha. I remember reading threads like that long before I joined.
I also remember as a kid laying in a field and watching the contrails thinking they were tracing amazing lines in the sky that should be marvelled at as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Once you develop the belief confirmation bias kicks in to reinforce the belief (since there's no positive evidence favoring the conspiracy theory). Once you become a chemtrail hammer, every contrail looks like a nail.

I couldnt have said it better myself, who said us drummers are the dumb ones? Deaf maybe, but dumb....
and leave it to a drummer to make an analogy about beating stuff. I love it. Star for fellow drummer.

new topics

top topics

join