It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Space 2: Mothers reactions. Your cheeks will hurt after watching this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi all! This is my first ever thread here on good ol' ATS. Anyways How Freakin' awesome was Dead Space 2? I thought it was awesome anyway, EA have a website with a bunch of mothers reactions to Dead Space 2.

I don't actually know if they're mothers, but they're in the right age bracket. I just thought If you hadn't already seen this, you might want to lolz your ass off.

Keep watching until you get to the African American woman's vid. I personally haven't watched all of 'em yet, just thought I'd post this here in case you haven't seen it and feel like a good laugh.

Well here it is www.yourmomhatesthis.com...

Just thought I'd say I think it's funny that they don't tell them that this is a game aimed at an adult audience.
They're going in there with the preconception that this is something children might play. At least that's what I get from their reactions.

Like they don't even know that a decent chunk of the gaming industry is aimed at adults. So they were expecting Mario or something.

edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: more opinion

Ok Sorry, I've finished watching the vids and there's six different women. And the last woman does say before she sits down "ooh scary" Maybe they had some cardboard cut-outs in the halls?
edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Had to find another power node.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A bit immature, just feeds the stereotype that video games are for children.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Exactly! Thats kind of why I posted it. That and the laugh factor.

Well mainly the laugh factor...

edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Damn Unies runnin' the ship.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Well E.A's marketing tactics seem pretty clever to me! "If mum doesn't like it then its good enough for me" im in my thirties and makes me want to go get it!

But to be honest there are far worse influencing video games available, these games will be PEGI rated but there mums will still buy these games for their kids despite age restrictions.

Fair play to E.A the game looks good!!

edit on 4-2-2011 by Exforcesuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

That was the greatest website I've ever seen. I wish I could have been there to troll the Mothers.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exforcesuk

Brother, If you haven't played the original dead space, go pick it up ASAP. It's awesome, and DS2 just blows it away.

It's kind of like how Gears Of War was great, but Gears 2 was twice as good.

But I get what you're saying, a marketing ploy. But I got this link from the game's multiplayer menu.

Also I'm 28 this year, but I only really got into gaming when the current generation of consoles came out.
I had always played games, you know, Tony hawk, Resident Evil...But it wasn't until this new generation of consoles came around that I really started playing. So much more depth and interactivity.

edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: The Jasvelin gun is your friend!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Ha! Yeah I know I know being the voice coming from the room. "So, we'd like your honest opinion."
Mom- "Oh! that's just...horrific!"

Guy's in the booth- " Loooolz!"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

OMG that game looks AWESOME

And yeah your right I think one of those mums must be an ATS member

Mum : it’s ok it’s not real, it’s just a video game.
Interviewer : its based on real events.
Mum : wow that must be real TOP SECRET .

I wonder how many mums sat there and said “OMG this is so cool...can I play it now?”
I would be one of those mums

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
OOOhhhhh it's based on a true story

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Ha! yeah I forgot about that! What a piss-taker!

"It's based on true events"

But yeah, that's why I pointed out the african american woman, she was the least disgusted, horrified, etc. of all of them.

And she was, heck, even open to their claim that this was a true story! Though clearly they were taking the piss.

I don't wanna know If this is true, cos if it was(which it isn't. I'm not a looney.) man, with the summer we're having in Australia, it would just clearly make the suckiest summer in history. Hot as F@#k and necromorphs?

Oh Cheers for the flag whomever flagged this!

edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: To give credit where it was due.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
reply to post by davespanners

Oh Cheers for the flag whomever flagged this!

edit on 4-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: To give credit where it was due.

Oh, that would be me ... your welcome

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm off to play the multiplayer for a bit, so I won't be replying for a bit. But since this isn't exactly breaking conspiritorial news, I'm sure you won't mind.

Be back later.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Ahh, Thankyou, and I hope you were well out of the way of Cyclone Yasi! Cheers!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
absolutely brilliant marketing! LOL!

I'm sold!
Now I got to go to gamestop and get both DS and DS 2

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The oldest marketing techniqe,making the gamer think that society is against the game. This makes younger rebel gamers have to play it. I remember growing up the rumor was that grand theft auto got baned in places like ethiopia and other third world countries the gamer would never contact,so bieng young and gullible we had to play it.

The truth is,if your ma doesnt like a game you wont be buying it.

new topics

top topics

join