It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things that happened to you as a child

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Im sure people have some stories they cant explain that happened to them as a child. I had 3 very unusual memories of incidents that confused me to this day.

First was when i was awoken suddenly when i was about 7. It was in the middle of the night, when some light/white writings appeared on my wall. It was like someone was projecting it. The writings were not letter or numbers, and they seemed to be moving up.

2nd. Was what i think was my "abduction". I was about 14. I remember 2 memories of this instance. First was me walking down the stairs. I could not talk,scream,speak i was mute. And the other was having a glimpse with my right eye of were i was. It was some kind of a spaceport. I remeber the blackness of the sky. And seeing some kind of "spaceships".
(For years ive always had these memories. Ive been trying to work out if they were infact dreams or it really happened. But i dont remeber any dreams or infact memories i had when i was younger that stood out more than these.)

3rd. At about 10 i randomly came up with some words i called the onfont words. Nothing at all had influenced me to say those things, they just came to me, and i start writing them on my garage walls. Lol

I really do think life is a huge game. And we are supposed to figure out why we are here now living as the person we are. Through our deep memories that we try to hide, this constricts your truth. So go wild with your stories guys, you never know how much those specific experiences really means to you. Open up, open your minds. Take some time to look at all the weird things that happened to you, why it happened, what happened after, positive or negative? The people you meet, the names, the numbers, even your geographical locations. There is a reason why your exactly here this exact time for this exact reason. Ask yourself and find it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i'm not sure if i've ever been abducted, but when i was younger and i was playing alone in my basement or backyard i used to get this crazy feeling that i had to get off the ground or alligators were going to eat me.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

When I was between ages 2-5 I can remember hearing voices in my room at night. My parents always turned a fan on before I went to bed and it sounded like someone was talking through the fan. It would alternate between random male and female voices and was almost always distorted or partially unintelligibable. Funny thing is I don't remember it scaring me really at all. It creeps me out a little thinking about it now lol.

Also up until I was about 11 I had lucid dreams regularly. So regularly that I actually thought everyone had them all the time. Didn't find out it was unusual until I was almost 18!

Also when I was very sick I can remember waking up at night, looking at an object and then BAM I "was" the object. I have no other way to explain it really, I was literally the object.

Hope that was worth reading

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I saw the future of computers in 1960. I would periodically dream of technical knowledge in big words I didnt understand at a very young age. It would pass by me in reams and reams of meaningless script that kept rolling on and on and over and over. This was in the late 50's early-1960's. No computers, color televisions, no microwaves, only 1 speaker mono am radios, no cell phones, IPods or Walkmans. No videotapes or cassettes even. There was no point of reference for me to relate to. Maybe I could say it was like in the movies when they give an intro you have to read that moves from top to bottom screen.

So what in the year of 1960, could I have possibly seen in my dreams? The answer, now some 40 years later, floored me when I realized as I co-authoreda book about to be released, that the 'scrolling' script of my book as I wrote, day after day and hour after hour...was exactly the same as in those dreams I had as a child BEFORE there was such a thing as moving script or computer text scrolling. It hadnt been invented yet!

Why and how it came to be that I saw this 30 some years before scrolling was even available, Ill never know. But my whole life it bothered me about those recurring dreams, and the reams and reams of rolling and scrolling moving information. Now Ive come to accept it was a vision of my future as a writer. Before there were computers, or scrolling devices. And of information I didnt know nor understand....till now. Some 4o years in the future...
because it hadnt been invented yet, and the words were not written...for another 40+ years...on a computer....

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: cause..

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: format

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: more format..now Im done!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
S&F... I think you're onto something. Seriously. If everyone could look within and see how things around them have connected and strive to be centered in your purpose, including all the past that you can remember and seeing how that could connect you to a lot in the future... I think it could potentially allow you not only more but also better control of your own accountability.... aside from potentially making you a happier person with a greater sense of self that can help others around you have the same. Accountability is important because right now a lot of us are just like big dumb kids. We should try very hard to understand why our individual spiritual accountability is what it is. If we had a better understanding of who we are and what we are accountable for, it could inspire us and also show us how to better it. We are sometimes taught that we are born into this world innocent and ignorant and in ways we are taught to remain this way.

I feel very strongly about this to the point where i have caught glimpses of what seems to be something trying to tell me something but it's never quite so clear and it seem like such a cruel joke to be teased in such a way... it's all there... somewhere, but where? It seems so important.... like the lost part of ourselves, like memories of a dying person who can no longer access them... and they are gone forever. A life of memories erased like a simple recording... and I think deep down inside we long to know who we are way beyond what we can see in this life.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I remember now of having these dreams of little people waking me up in the middle of the night
and carrying me out of my room.The first couple of times was ok but then I began to get scared and resist. Then it got frightning and I was taken against my will and could not move. Pretty much paralized.
I haven't had those dreams in a very long time so it's kinda hard to remember.
I do remember the terror though.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
When I was around 10, there was a kid up the road who my mother didn't like me playing with, but I used to occasionally anyway.

One day, we were in the garage along with his father. We were messing around with one of those electrical things where you move the wire loop over another wire, and if they touch it makes a buzzing sound. (The goal was to move the loop over the whole distance of the other wire without touching it).

My friend and his father went inside the house and I was messing around with it alone. I ended up staring at a stuffed falcon or eagle that was on a perch at the back of the garage. Its head was facing 90 degrees from me.

Suddenly, its head turned 90 degrees directly at me. I was frozen with terror for 5 or so seconds. I eventually started taking small steps backwards out of the shed, fully believing it was about to launch of the perch and attack me. Once I was past the door of the garage, I ran as fast as I ever have home.

Years later, my mother told me that the reason she didn't like me playing with that kid was because his father was believed to be a paedophile. Also, I went to a psychic fair a few years back, and was told I have an American Indian spirit guide called "Eagle Man".

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

I was the same way, I thought every one could control their dreams and have perfect recall. Its seemed so strange to learn that most people can't and many people don't even remember their dreams.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Oh, boy. Where do I start? I have had so many "weird" experiences as a child it's hard to keep count. Two incidents which had multiple events each with other witnesses, I would like to one day share, but I fear the unique details of said events would ruin my anonymity.

One incident I have recalled only recently, because of a conversation with a friend; I have been wanting to discuss on ATS, but did not see at the time a thread to post it in and did not want to start one. It involves a weird dream or possibly an actual event when I was a child, so it would fit this thread.
I wish it was a happier vibe, but sadly it is not.

First I have to explain the general idea of where I lived and the layout of the house I lived in. The area was a remote rural farm area surrounded by forest and fields. The house had 2 floors, and on the second floor the area of the center was opened up to the first floor with a balcony which over looked the kitchen. My room was on the 2nd floor at one end of the house, and if you looked out the door of the room to the center of the house it would line up along the inside balcony and would lead to the opposite side of the house to a living room like set up, which aligned with a doubled glass door with a wooden frame that opened up to an outside balcony. Half way between my room and the living room set up, to the outer wall was a washroom.

I was either 6 or 7 when the event occurred. I am not sure the time but it was definitely late night. I was just walking out the washroom, when I saw a light on the outside balcony. Since the glass was frosted (patterned to not be purely transparent with designs) I could not see clearly out to the outside balcony where this light was coming from. So, I looked closer and saw the shadow of a figure, I thought it was my dad. Sometimes late at night he would go up there with a flash light and a rifle and lean on the outside balcony and would shoot coyotes or wolves or deer, or would just use the scope and observe the wild life. I thought it was him so, I walked to the double glass doors to see him.

As I got closer I started to realize that the figure on the other side of the doors through the glass was definitely at least 7 feet tall, my dad is only 5' 10". At this point I am about a meter or 3 feet from the double glass door. At this point it truly clicks that this is not my dad, so I turn to run and scream. As I completely turn around and take one step and open my mouth I suddenly freeze. I can't move or anything, my mouth is hanging open but it won't move and no sound is coming out. The light emanates out from behind me much brighter, clearly the doors had been opened and I could hear footsteps walk up behind me. A hand grabs me by the neck or my head (I am not sure) and lifts me up. I feel the breath of this "person" on the back of my neck. It whispered something to me, I can't remember exactly what, but it was like "it's too late" or something. Then right after that moment it jabs something, a needle or a drill in the back of my neck up into my spin. The pain, the pain of this is what creeps me out the most recalling this, just thinking of it, recalling it makes me want to puke. I blacked out from the pain.

I wake up the next morning thinking it a nightmare, but the pain seemed to linger in my neck and did for some time. For the longest time I thought this was just a dream or wanted it to be just a dream, but for some reason after reading about some abduction cases on ATS and the conversation I had with my friend, casts an unnerving doubt about it just being a dream.

I may never know if it was just a dream or not, but I would be interested in peoples opinions on its comparison to abduction cases.

edit on 4-2-2011 by halfmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Somewhere between the age of 8 and 10 i had a recurring dream over the span of a year or so. The dream consisted of a world-wide nuclear holocost. I was a survivor and everyone left alive on the planet blamed me for the event.

I would wake up with cold sweats and I would feel very panic stricken. It was such a horrible feeling.

Now it strikes me odd that at that age I would be dreaming of such a thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

This didn't particularly happen to me, but I definitely think it's weird.

I remember when I was very young the first time I was really able to picture things and hear/mimic voices and situations in my head. I suppose it was like the first time I was aware of my thoughts and how I could change them. I thought that I alone could do it.
I thought I had some sort of amazing super power that no one else could ever dream of.

Didn't work out that way.

edit on 4-2-2011 by MeSoCorny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is something I really hate talking about. I haven't even told my friends. But, when I was around 4. I was standing in the kitchen of my grandmother's house. The kitchen had a huge window facing the backyard. I looked outside and saw a strange black cloaked figure that had glowing red eyes. Scared the hell out of me. I screamed as loud as my little 4 year old lungs could go. My mom ran into the kitchen and she asked me what was wrong. I tried to tell her that there was something outside. She checked and couldn't see anything.

After that night, I didn't see 'the thing' again. Until I was 9. I had just moved into the house I am still living in. And, I was lying in my bedroom trying to sleep. I looked to the side of my bed. And, it was there. Hovering over me. Scared the beejeezus out of me this time because it was actually near me. Not outside like before. But, there. Right in front of me. I yelled to my mom. She came running in and this time she saw it. And, then. Poof. Gone. I'm 23 now and I have not seen it since. Thank the Lord.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't recall having childhood dreams that I can remember, but I certainly had some unexplainable things throughout my childhood.

The most remarkable thing I remember doing on a regular basis was I had the ability to speak with the winds. If I were hot I would ask the winds to blow to cool me off, the same if I were cold, I would ask the winds to die down a bit and they would. I remember speaking to the wind as I walked to/from school every day.

I realize that it may sound rather strange and unbelievable, but I had/have this unusual connection to the elements. I've always felt at peace surrounded by nature, despite having spent my entire life in the city. I have always appreciated a good hike through the woods, or a sunny afternoon at the park, or the beach.

I remember, one winter morning, standing on the corner of my block staring in awe at the trees. They were perfectly covered, each one, with ice from a storm the night before. I gave thanks that day for allowing me the gift of sight so that I may "see" the trees in all their splendor. I think I was about 11 yrs old at the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
By "weird" would you perhaps mean like having a weird giant clown with big funny teeth coming into your room when you were supposed to be sleeping and touching your head and stomach and privates with his big yellow and green rubber glove and then showing you his "cinnamon bun" that he had for you to taste and then telling you that your 18 year-old cousin and his girlfriend were rubbing their "cinnamon buns" together outside when they were supposed to be studying, and that you should show your little friend named deena from across the street how you pee behind the plants at the side of the house and the man from next door named "Papa" would show up all the sudden when you were showing her how you pee and tell you to use your wrench set to put your screws and nuts in just the right place, and how the rockets go up from the Cape all the time but you can't see them because you've been bad and have to go to bed early and need to sneak out to sip water out of the bathroom faucet because the funny but scary clown will come into your room and make you put on your halloween outfit the weird one like a skeleton that glows in the dark like bones but it doesn't really work because the big teenage boy next door named mark makes you not tell about him when you saw him wrap the rubber thing around his arm and then give himself a shot with a funny looking thing like you get the shot at the doctors but why would somebody want to give themself a shot on purpose with the little spoon and the lighter that you know he stole from his granddad and how you told your mama about mark and the shots but she tells you to SHUT UP ABOUT IT!! and not say NOTHING!! to no one because of some reason you don't understand but when she takes you to school the next day she says that if you don't tell she will buy you a banana popsicle after you get out of Ms. mock's class like you really like but you really don't feel like it anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

highly doubt that's what the OP intended.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't post very often, but do read here often. This is a great thread, that I'm sure most of us can relate to one way or another. Great Job.

I do have an odd "re-occurring dream" from when I was about 5. This dream was so real and vivid that I asked my mother if it actually could have happened when I was in my early 30's. She said that it did not happen, and I just dropped the subject, but it still lingers in my mind as if it was a memory vs. a dream some 30+ years later.

I remember sitting in the back of a Black Mercedes Benz wearing a fancy dress, with black patent leather shoes that had straps across the front of them. I was quite small, as I was sitting in the back seat, as my legs were short enough to stay straight when sitting back on the seat; so I could view my feet well. I was also wearing a fur coat with a matching fur muff (the round tube to keep your hands warm) but I was also wearing "little lady gloves". I remember going in this Mercedes to see an orchestra play in a theater. My memory cuts from the car to the theater, and I remember that the lighting in the theater was oil lights mounted along the walls of the theater, and that I was watching the gas lighting flicker before the performance began. I remember it being an orchestra that we watched.

Please keep in mind that I was born in 1973, so this isn't something that would be possible at that time here in the US (Gas lighting in a theater). I never had a fur coat when I was younger, and our family car was a Pontiac Firebird, so the Mercedes was seriously not something I would have been in. The Mercedes was an older version and at times when I look through older car pictures, some of them just give me chills when I see certain year Mercedes.

My mom thought it was odd, as my father's side of the family came over from Germany/Austria.....All she said was, never know about reincarnation.......To this day, this dream is still as vivid as the day that I started having it at the age of 5.

A_L

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A couple of things for this thread:

A recurring dream centered around a specific building. I don't really remember how long a period of time these dreams recurred in, but it was over several years. A few years ago we evacuated away from hurricane Rita to a little town near Tyler, TX. While we were staying there, we were driving by the Rose Hill cemetery and there was the building I had never in my life seen before. You cannot believe the chills I got when I saw that building.

An incident I had written off as a dream but now am not so certain. I grew up in. Little suburb that was somewhat rural when I was younger but jas since grown up quite a bit. Anyway one night my mother and I were walking over to my grandmother's house next door. I remember looking up in the sky and asking my mother, "why is the moon so big?" she looked up, got very frightened and grabbed my hand taking off at a run to my grandmother's house. The 'moon' was either very large or at a low altitude. It had a definite orangeish cast to it and I seem to remember different shadowy patters that moved across it's surface. At one point I remember someone opening a small door or window in the 'moon' to poke their head out.

Those are my stories and I'm sticking to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I WISH stuff like that would happen to me!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
your comment on being mute in your dream brought back a memory of a dream i used to have on a regular basis as a child. not much to the dream... i was always in this big well lit room with pillars supporting the ceiling(remember that vividly) and elephants were in the room with me. would start out as maybe one or two elephants but they seem to multiply as the dream went on crowding me and id get scared and go to scream but nothing would come out. strange indeed the more i think about it

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When I was little I had dreams that made me wake up screaming and the only thing I remember is red eyes and a whispering voice. I don't ever remember hearing what it said but my response was always "No." although I never could actually get the words out louder than a whisper. This went on into my twenties.

Recently, (25 years after the last dream) I was talking to a cousin who I hadn't seen for 35 years and we got onto the topic of dreams. When I described this dream to her she freaked out a little. Turns out her mother, my fathers sister, has been having the same dreams all of her life.

Got the crawlies when I heard that.
edit on 11-2-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join