It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Prepares to Renew the USA Patriot Act, Corporate Media Silent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Congress Prepares to Renew the USA Patriot Act, Corporate Media Silent

www.youtube.com

Almost 10 years and no terrorist attack of any significance have occurred on American soil.

Posted on the Campaign for Liberty's YouTube Channel is an update by Representative Ron Paul in which he tells the American people what he thinks about the USA Patriot Act and its renewal. Representative Ron Paul suggests that the USA Patriot Act be repealed.

"I consider this an absolute unconstitutional piece of legislation, it shouldn't be extended, it shouldn't be made worse, It actually should be repealed in its entirety and we'd all be the better for it." -- Ron Paul -- February 3, 2011
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Patriot Act is about to be renewed...quietly and quickly.

As Congress readies the rubber stamp Rep. Paul has decided to make an attempt at including the citizens.

Would you help spread the word?

Or...do you believe that the Patriot Act has been a boon and there would be no harm expanding it or even making it PERMANENT?

Isn't it part of an American citizen's duty to make sure that the interests of the people are being protected?

How can we protect our rights and freedoms without a candid and public discussion?

What do you think? Do you disagree?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-2-2011 by coldkidc because: factual edit

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Well I for one see the irony in continued loss of freedom under the assumption that it will protect our freedom..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
...And people say we don't have government controlled media.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Very ironic - good point...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

There are many who are making huge profits thanks to the patriot act and I'm sure they are pushing hard to keep it in place..
The rules are also very vague and thus are being used outside what the people are aware of...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

From what I understand in school way back the old school teachings said that the Constitution or any parts of it can't be changed because it is a legal document that garantees "We The People" our freedoms etc., as set forth, and any changes to it is a violation against us.................

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There where a few threads a couple of weeks ago about this. Good to see that it still has not been past yet, maybe some common sense is returning with the delays. I know that is a big call but we can hope.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Theres an online petition to stop the renewal of the patriot act by a group called DemandProgress.org

I signed it probably a week or two ago.

TO MY ELECTED OFFICIALS: After nearly ten years, it's time to let the PATRIOT Act expire once and for all. I urge you to oppose its re-authorization.

I don't understand how they can keep authorizing this unconstitutional piece of legislation unless they are scared or making money. Neither reason is a good excuse. We need to dismantle the growing police state.

join