It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian army disperses Mubarak supporters from bridge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Egyptian army disperses Mubarak supporters from bridge

www.guardian.co.uk

The general – who said he had spoken with tank crews in Tahrir Square – said he believed the military would move very soon against the president – possibly as soon as tomorrow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 3/2/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I dont know if this will happen or not, but thats what the Guardian says. Are they reliable? I have no idea, but if its true then this might be the decisive move that will end all the violence. I don't know what they are waiting for exactly, and if Guardian is aware of this, then wouldn't Mubarak escape the country before this happens?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I found a CNN reporter saying this only moments ago on tweeter:

Heard in Cairo: "#Egypt military may replace the president, but will never replace the regime, never accept civilian rule." #Tahrir #Jan25
twitter.com...

Interesting isnt it?

edit on 3-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Good luck. Maybe the Egyptian Army can help return the American taxpayers' money that Mubarak and pals enjoyed. Now, that would help "balance the budget" in America.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

The Guardian are as reliable as any MSM and as always pushing their own slant.. (left of center IMHO)

As for the Military removing Mubarak. I am not so sure they would take sides.. perhaps if the clashes escalate they might shift to a more blocking role.. but I really don't think they'll move beyond that as I get the feeling that would be contrary to what the people want out of this.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hopefully we see an end to the mindless murder of protesters. Ive been watching this since it began, and to be honesti see no reason for the military not to intervene.

100s of lives have been lost...for what?? If Mubarak stays in power these people have lost their lives for nothing

Whats up with the guy anyways...he has stolen $25 billion of the peoples money, its not like if he leaves power he will have to go and sign on the dole/social security lol.

Last night seems to be the tipping point in this whole mess. Pro Mubarak protesters SHOOTING the other protesters from the bridge...yet the army allowed it to happen.
A lot of the Pro Regime lot are infact police...lots of id cards have been found and confirm this.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Good luck. Maybe the Egyptian Army can help return the American taxpayers' money that Mubarak and pals enjoyed. Now, that would help "balance the budget" in America.

yes and maybe the egyptain people could seek compensation from america for years of supresion including human rights abuse, torture and murder..

kx

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Doesn't Mubarak have his own army?
That would be a bit of a worry..
I also read that the Airforce is still loyal to him..
They could do some real damage..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
at the moment i am more inclined to believe that the army through allowing pro-mubarak supporters into the square last night with weapons have no intention of holding hosni. if it is going to kick-off i've got a feeling it will be after friday prayers and will be pro-mubarak driven. i may be wrong. maybe the regime is playing on factors such as lack of food, lack of leadership and keeping the protesters in a constant state of vigilance. it's bound to wear down the most hardened souls.
regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
further to my last statement, i feel a main factor in what will occur friday is access to the mosque in the square and whether both parties will want to pray side by side. that could very well be the rub.
regards f

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Al Jazeera is now down in the UK

I think the regime is trying to stop the world seeing the coming massacre...sad times

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I've not lost anything, either online or on the TV... still trundling on..
Not sure what is going on really, hope you get connected again

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Al Jazeera is now down in the UK

I think the regime is trying to stop the world seeing the coming massacre...sad times

I dont understand, why would they do that? maybe so they can force people to watch the local BBC and what not? You can see Al Jazeera online arabic or english on youtube: www.youtube.com...

but the site I think is down for the moment dont know why.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I can't access Aljazeera streaming online in the US either .
english.aljazeera.net...

What is going on that they don't want us to see?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
could they have banned it? How could they ban it worldwide? Maybe its just a server issue like they got too many hits.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

As is my daily routine now, I switched on the comp and clicked Al Jazeera, only to find that it had gone.

I'm in Slovakia, and yesterday it had disappeared for a short time before then magically reappearing.

After continually trying for about 2 hours, and mad as hell thinking that someone had severed the connection somewhere I gave up .

After returning to try some time later, - there it was BACK AGAIN.
As of writing I've had it continually playing for hours now, and am following it closely.

So yes;
AL JAZEERA IS BACK ON LINE IN EUROPE.

On a side note should AJ once again go down there's always this Press TV coverage live link as a last resort.

www.presstv.ir...

Fox.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
they tweeted this:

US readers (&perhaps others) having difficulty accessing #AlJazeera site - reason unclear. #Egypt blog still up! aje.me... Pls RT

twitter.com...

could it have been banned?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There is a gov crackdown on media reporters, will they arrest anderson cooper or what?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This you tube link is still working.
You have to scroll to the middle of the page to see the live feed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Egyptian government quickly turned into a North Korea in the last 10 days. Before it was never that obvious, it was seen as a hub for reason in the arab world. The Egyptian state TV now is all propaganda and lies. So this is not normal at all, its like they are on Dictatorship mode and gov doesnt care anymore. The egyptian prime minister isnt even that good of an actor.

lol why is the camera shaking so much during egyptian press conference? its like watching BSG.

The gov keeps talking about a conspiracy against egypt, im speechless.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop

I can't access Aljazeera streaming online in the US either .
english.aljazeera.net...

What is going on that they don't want us to see?

Oh the typical when things like this happen. The ruler(s) of the regime, those gainfully employed by it, and the international and national corporations whose contracts and investments (and those gainfully employed by them) are secured by the regime, all have vested interests in seeing the regime and its institutions perpetuated.

Those not gainfully employed or contractually co-dependent would like to get rid of the regime.

This is always a tense time in the Boardrooms and Halls of Power, since it’s very much like the Three Musketeers when it comes to protecting and projecting Statist and Corporate Contractual Systems of “One for all and all for one”.

The State is obviously in a better position to hold out in most cases in the long run, since it has the resources, control of the flow of the resources (in most significant cases) the money to pay it’s henchmen, the resources to fuel it’s henchmen, and the corporations that control the resources and the flow to the general public on their side.

The people are always though in a better position to overwhelm through sheer numbers if they can not be divided and a leader, replete with an ability to communicate (logistical) can unite the people and keep them from being divided.

The State of course will keep working on dividing the people and sewing an element of confusion so the people can not effectively use their superior numbers to attain critical mass.

Meanwhile as always people on both sides are going to get hurt, just typically not those in the Halls of Power or the Corporate Board Rooms.

As things like this linger on, eventually it does reach a crisis point where neither the State can function, and the chaos of the conflict imperils more and more people from eating or finding any safe haven.

So each day, each side will get a little more desperate and a little more pro-active in trying to end the stand off in a victorious way.

Welcome to planet Earth, please note the exit signs, there are none!

On behalf of management please accept our gratitude for laboring your short, harsh, violent lives away for little to no compensation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join