It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your level of education?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It would be cool to see what level of education my fellow ATS members have.

So are there any Phd Prof's hiding in the shadows?

My Education is as follows:

Level 1 Certificate IT Users (Enhanced)
Level 2 Diploma IT Users (Enhanced)
Level 3 Advanced Diploma IT Users
Level 2 Diploma Business Studies
Level 2 Diploma Business Administration
Level 3 Diploma Project Management
Level 1 Certificate Higher Maths
Level 1 Certificate Higher English
Science Grade C
Religious Studies Grade B
Media Studies Grade C

And to top it all off, i am currently about to start studying a foundation course in Computer Aided Design, and a open university course in Natural Science.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I dropped out of High School and have gotten my G.E.D.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wo me?
I guess I was never very scholastically inclined. I made it through high school though.
I'm sure we have some very intelligent people in here who may or may not have made it passed high school.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Finished high school, finished university, now currently attending the school of hard knocks and if the world keeps along it's path may soon finish that soon too. I've generally found the more book learning someone has the weirder they can be. I'm not saying you personally but people I've encountered.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
11th grade. Class of 2012

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You'll probably need to clarify to non-UK members that those qualifications are NVQ's or VQ's (National Vocational Qualification) not Degrees. Also need to point out that they are not Higher National Certificate / Diplomas either.

Not trying to downplay what you've achieved, very well done to you indeed, but that might mislead a few.

edit on 2-2-2011 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

All right I will bite.

BS in Chemistry (Dean's list) ( bachelor of Science from Big Ten University)
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
This means I must take 18 credit hours of college courses every three years to keep my certification and have done so since 1982.

CDL (I can drive a semi wit 48 ft trailer)
I think that is a lorry to people in England.
edit on 2-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: added sentence

edit on 2-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Masters degree. I know education does not equal intelligence. I've never understood the British educational system with levels and such. Could you sketch out a rough equivalency for us colonials?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I got my Ph.D.'s in Astrophysics, Applied mathematics, Theoretical physics and Cosmology at Oxford in 2046. It was at this point I started work on my "project"...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Not all learning is done in school..
And not all smart people need pieces of paper to prove they are smart..

Nothing against having them but I'm just saying it proves little as far as ATS is concerned..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
High School Diploma

Associates in Network Management
Common Sense (Not many people have this)

I have had a couple conversations with a 33rd degree mason who taught at Harvard. We discussed education, philosophy, economy, world news, and many other subjects and I had put up quite the argument and what not during our 3-4 hour talks. I do not think that just because someone has a phd/masters in something means they are any better than your average bear. I work with people who have a master's degrees and 30+ different certifications and do everything by the book step for step. I myself being all creative and what not resolves things so much faster thinking for myself (Most of the time, when in doubt google the error).

We all know that a large majority of the people get jobs because of a piece of paper or for knowing someone.

I myself got in for knowing someone, and from there life has been good. I have taken this opportunity to advance myself in the process now of obtaining another piece of paper (They pay for a majority of schooling). That's my mindset and it has taken me VERY far in life
(No, I i'm not a kiss a5s. I treat everyone equally, from the custodians to the CEO/s.)

My 2 cents

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I'd agree with that completely. Some of the best colleagues I've worked with, under, or even employed have been far more astute in the 'University of Life'' as it were. Certificates only really afford you greater responsibility and therefore accountability in certain roles and only demonstrates a person's aptitude to learn a given subject.

''Intelligence'' is far more deeper and complex animal.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just another dropout that hangs out with other TAG dropouts, schools PHD's at the local pub, and laughs at most of the university fools who can't think on their own, but actually believe they're getting a solid education for their $$$/efforts invested.

edit on 2-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

gee, if it will help.

i had a scholarship to the univ of Michigan,,
i have a 172 I.Q. and excelled in just about everything,,
but i NEEDED to sing..
so they floated the bills, pushing science/physics/math/chemistry..

but all i did for 2 years was travel around and SING for my alma-mater .

dropped out when i started my own business and started earning REAL $$$$

i could go on.......

if i had it to do over......... I wouldn't have changed anything,,,except my under-wear..

SEMPER UBI SUB-UBI

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Certificates only really afford you greater responsibility and therefore accountability in certain roles and only demonstrates a person's aptitude to learn a given subject.

I don't agree they show an aptitude to learn..
The way many exams are set up students merely memorize a few days before an exam and they are given specific hints via their course on what to cram..
It's not really learning to me...
If you gave many students the same exam a month later,without warning, then the results would be different..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
AA degree, various certs.

Degrees don't tell much by themselves.

A better question is how big is your current library?

Mine is over 1700, I was just given about a hundred more, so now I have to reshelve...ugghhh, not looking forward to that. And my library books are only the ones I've read and decided were worth keeping, or the ones I'm currently reading.

Another good one is what fields have you worked in?

I've been a USAF crewchief (among other jobs), a shrimp fisherman, professional dancer, computer salesman, college instructor, grower, construction electrician, caregiver, business owner, writer, and a few other things.

By the way, I dropped out of high school halfway through my senior year because I'd finished reading the school's library (it was a small school, and I had 5 study halls) to join the USAF.
edit on 2-2-2011 by apacheman because: add line

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark over 50 times, so I think it's safe to say I have at least a minor in Archeology...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b468af2f442.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have a vocational certificate in Broadcasting Arts/Marketing and I am currently attending The University of Findlay and working on a Bachelor Degree in Digital Media.
I have also been taking Philosophy classes and doing very well at that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Exactly why I never gave a multiple-guess test while teaching.

If you have a decent knowldege of English construction, and have paid the slightest attention every other class, you should be able to eliminate two of the typical four answers simply based on English rules, and that oh-so-slight attention you paid will give you enough to pass.

In one class I taught, the final consisted of a single question:

What have you learned in this class this semester?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Not all learning is done in school.. And not all smart people need pieces of paper to prove they are smart..

Ain't that the truth!

I worked in a research lab with a bunch of very narrow minded Phd's who seemed to think that piece of paper made them expert on everything despite the fact they were dead WRONG. I had a major fight and the owner switched me from under the idiot with the PhD to under him so I could get the project done correctly. (The project was submitted to the FDA so it HAD to be correct.)

I have also met a very sharp guy here in the south with a fourth grade education and a well run business. He was a lot more successful out in the real world than the Phd's were! Actually I have known a lot of successful small business people who never finished high school.

All college did fo me was let me have access to the knowledge I wanted to learn. I got kicked out of a grad level genetic course when the instructer finally counted noses and realize I didn't belong. I was also informed my last semester that I was only allowed to take a max of 18 credit hours. I had been taking 21....
That is how I stuffed in the geology, astronomy, anthropology, psychology and art classes.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join