It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're in Texas, get ready for rolling black outs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.ksat.com...#

It's only for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, but what a nuisance.
:grumble:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
woke up to it. power came back on about 15 mins ago, was off for maybe 30-40 minutes.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saw the OP title and thought to myself "no way....no rolling black-outs in Texas". So, I clicked on the OP source link and just as I read the title of the article ***BAM*** Power went out. This sucks!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah, hubby went to the store about 7:30 out on Dezavala and all their lights were out, closed IHOP, no street lights. Last ice storm in 05 (I think. maybe 04), they didn't do this but in 89, they did. We just had our furnace serviced yesterday, so I'm ticked (but aclimated) lol Murphy's Law.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
www.ksat.com...#

It's only for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, but what a nuisance.
:grumble:

Yep!
The power here in the Austin area is going off every couple of hours for a half an hour or so. Local radio is talking about it. One of those "rolling blackout" tactics. I thought that only happened to California and Third World countries. ...Oh, that's right, we... nevermind.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yup.. we just had our fourth power cycle in Richardson a few minutes ago. My boss at work sent out a warning about the blackouts along with an advisory to reduce power consumption by turning off any unused items -- basically put your house in standby mode. If everyone does this, it will help reduce the load and allow us to keep our heaters on for longer stretches.

Anyway. I am going to put my laptop in standby mode now. Cheers and see ya'll on the flip side.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

ok, blackouts ended about 2 hours ago... for now. Was nice being in a reduced electronics mode for a bit. Relaxing.

top topics

join