It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
In some Southern US States convience stores are not allowed to sell alcoholic beverages on Sunday. If a store owner is caught in violation of these laws he will be fined under civil law codes.
According to the Christian Science Monitor if you are a store owner in Iraq and you violate the Islamic religious law of selling alcohol period you most likely will die. Right at this moment people are dying in this nation especially if you happen to be of the Christian faith.
This is the religion of peace so we are told.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This seems like it might be a trolling thread, but im going to weigh in anyway.

I really don't think there is any true religion of peace, because the members of each religion relect upon their chosen path. There are always those who will be drawn to violence, and therefore shed a negative light upon their faith. Honestly I think total pacifism shows a lack of human nature, because we are ingrained with our fight-or-flight respones, and there should be a time where we dont run but rather stand our ground.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i wasnt even aware muslims consumed alcohol.

but i dont get the connection with some southern states not allowing the sale of alcohol on sundays and the sale of alcohol in iraq on sundays.

and what even makes less sense to me is a christain organization reporting it. why would they care?

something smells funny to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For those who may be interested go to the Christian Science Monitor Web site dated July 13th under the heading "Iraq in Transition"

www.csmonitor.com...

top topics

join