It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim Brotherhood & What is a Caliphate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I found this to be interesting and as usual I shall digest it and research it but either way if it is correct it could mean bad things on the horizon. I know a lot of people cannot stand Beck so if he really bothers you, you might want to just ignore this entire thread and move along. Although everyone is welcome to chime in as usual and share their thoughts and feelings and their insight on this subject matter. Please keep it civil as I know this is a subject that spans many different feelings for different people.

www.glennbeck.com...
www.discoverthenetworks.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Interestingly, Glenn isn't wrong about this.

Just be ready for everyone and their uncle coming in here and attacking Glenn Beck rather than discussing the meat of the matter.

I think we've all been so caught up trying to be uber tolerant to the Muslims that we've gone as far as to ignore the very REAL fact that Islam's goal is to bring the WHOLE WORLD under Islamic control and those who refuse will die.

As far as the Communists are concerned, take a look at this Opposition decries gov’t policies in peaceful protests|Jordan Times

What we are seeing is actually a global manifestation of a communist conspiracy that has been in effect since the fall of the Soviet Union. The communists didn't just go away. They reformed and morphed into Social Democrats, spreading "Social Justice", these are the same people who run the progressive left in the US. They are VERY dangerous and I'm glad someone is talking about it on national TV.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I suggest you research the "Muslim Brotherhood". Next, go research what happened during the Iranian revolution when the Shah was deposed. Iran was a rather secular Persian state, rather Westernized for the region. The students and the middle class did not expect to find themselves under Sharia law where gays are hanged from cranes, and women accused of adultery are hanged from cranes, and where the Mullahs lord it over everyone.

Will this happen in Egypt? Well obviously no one can know BUT the danger is there.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Bla , these msm puppets can stand in front of all the chalk boards they like I don't believe a word they say . They are now and will always be puppets for an agenda , and sorry folks the agenda isn't to enlighten us .

If they were so smart then were was there reporting on the Egyptian dictator , as pointed out by the Egyptians , long ago ? Oh I forgot , it didn't suit there needs to tell us how the Egyptins were being treated and held back until the events were so wid spread that it couldn't be hid any longer .

edit on 1-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks man. Yeah I am fully expecting to get slammed with the Beck comments as usual. And I agree with the sensitive issue here in the U.S. of not wanting to disrespect the Muslim community. I for one totally support whatever religion people want to subscribe to, just so long as it doesn't infringe on me and my country. Because no matter what the religion is when a group of people try to force it on other people thats where the problem lies at least for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Wow the video is 40+ minutes long and it was only 20 minutes since I started this thread from your reply. Your good. You must be an avid Beck fan I am betting you watched the original broadcast @ 5:00. Either way thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Actually I got rid of my cable TV a long time ago and for , glen beck ? This is the first time i have seen him .

But i have to wonder , you think there is a middle eastern reporter with a fancy chalk board out there that has a whitty name for propped up US puppet governments that serpress there own people and are yet backed by the west for there nations support of the US on the world stage ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

I urge you to go back one further , see what happened in Iran before the Shah came to power . You may be interested to learn that Iran had a democracy until the west got involved and put there boy , the Shah , into power to make sure that the western oil companies got the oil money rather then the people of Iran

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I don't know about all that but as bad as it sometimes might seem here in the U.S. we have it better then all the countries combined over there. It is a funny thought thinking about a middle eastern beck though, but I'd bet my paycheck that if he did exist he'd be silenced after about 2 min worth of speaking in public though. As it seems stirring the pot isn't really accepted.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by SunSword

I urge you to go back one further , see what happened in Iran before the Shah came to power . You may be interested to learn that Iran had a democracy until the west got involved and put there boy , the Shah , into power to make sure that the western oil companies got the oil money rather then the people of Iran

And you will never hear me say the U.S is innocent in all this because of prior actions, like was stated in the video certain political entities here have fueled this among many other things in the past, present and probably future.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Perhaps we also don't see fair reporting of those who "stir the pot " ? For if we did have those kind of reporters then we may have herd about the oppression of the Egyptian people long ago .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Amen to that.
And when people do go against the mainstream they are labeled nuts and such like Beck. Who at times I do think is crazy but other times brilliant.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I wouldn't use the term " political entities " as they are all the same and the reasons , IMHO , are 1 the way in which the US monatary system is designed and 2 Israel security . This , once again IMHO , is what governs US policy in the ME

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood is not the same to those who lead a revolution in Iran. The MB was in fact created by the British in the early 1920's. They are secular and the main core is similar to that of Christian groups which all these "brotherhoods" have their extremists.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The caliphate is a rather old form of government.

It's interesting that so many around the world are now looking back to the past for their inspiration. Pan-Islamists with their hazy dreams of medieval glory. Tea Partiers dressing up in tricorner hats. Orthodox Rabbis at the wailing wall in traditional garb.

An old and wise friend of mind from long ago once said: "People turn to the past when the future dries up." Words to ponder indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The Muslim Brotherhood is not the same to those who lead a revolution in Iran. The MB was in fact created by the British in the early 1920's. They are secular and the main core is similar to that of Christian groups which all these "brotherhoods" have their extremists.

Maybe I am reading this wrong but a quick read of their background on even wikipedia reveals something different. Like I said I am still researching much of this as it's not my usual cup of tea so to speak and I have to admit I know little about it all as of right now.

Underground links to the Nazis began during the 1930s and were close during the Second World War, involving agitation against the British, espionage and sabotage, as well as support for terrorist activities orchestrated by Haj Amin el-Hussaini in British Mandate Palestine, as a wide range of declassified documents from the British, American and Nazi German governmental archives, as well as from personal accounts and memoirs from that period, confirm.[33] Reflecting this connection the Muslim Brotherhood also disseminated Hitler's Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion widely in Arab translations, helping to deepen and extend already existing hostile views about Jews and democracy in Western societies generally

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

An old and wise friend of mind from long ago once said: "People turn to the past when the future dries up." Words to ponder indeed.

Interesting thought indeed. I guess it goes hand in hand with history always repeats itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Another article I read recently that talks about the brotherhood.

Rise of Muslim Brotherhood – creation of Islamic Crescent – history in progress
homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood is nowhere near enough a serious contender in Egyptian politics for what is being suggested in the video.

The video seriously over-estimates the Middle East's capability to rally around together under an Islamic Caliphate. I'm sorry, but in no sense will Shi'ite Iran EVER accept a Sunni Caliphate from Egypt or Saudi Arabia or some other Sunni country, and in no sense will any sunni country accept a Shi'ite Caliphate. It just won't happen. It's like suggesting that at some point in the future, all christians worldwide will once again acknowledge the supremacy of the Pope.

And speaking of Sunni-Shi'ite differences, that brings up another point... Egypt is structured very differently from Iran, so much so that an Iran style revolution would be completely impossible. There is no structure or organisation or hierarchy in non-shi'ite Islam (although some shi'ites would claim that there is none in Shi'ite Islam either). In this sense, Islam isn't an "Organised Religion" at all! There is no "Head Cleric" of Islam to call everyone to follow.

And I'm adding comments while going through the video (I really do hate such information presented in video form, especially when it is so long), but he is actually suggesting that Islam will jump from Morocco to Spain?!
SPAIN?! Where muslims make up 1% of the population, and the rest would probably obliterate them completely before any harm would come to their iberico jamon and alcoholic drinks?

edit on 8-2-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Oh?

en.wikipedia.org...

Spain had Muslims running the show for about 700 years...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join