It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn from Cairo....this is why we prepare.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Listening to Al Jazeera news tonight, a reporter was talking about the state of Egypt at the moment and how it is affecting people directly.

Business are shut, therefore no shops are open. Food is going for triple the normal price if you can find it.

Cash machines are running out of money fast, the banks are of course shut, so thats not an option.

People have been setting up neighbourhod watch groups and using whatever weaponry that comes to hand to enforce thier defence against looters.

Food, water, meds, money stashed away and a way to defend yourself and family. When a country comes to a standstill like we are seeing in Egypt, you need to have thought about the above things well before, otherwise you'll find a difficult situation getting much worse.

Panic will set in now, and the protests do not look like they will subside anytime soon. A few more days of this and who knows how people will start reacting.

This is something that any one of our countries could face some day, so you have enough warning.

Read the threads here, take baby steps and soon you will be a lot more prepared for such scenarios.

CX.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Good advice, but don't lock yourselves away and wait for the bad times to end.

Get out there, join in and make change happen. Be part of it, not a spectator of the spoonfed media on a flatscreen.

Be safe, be strong, be prepared, stand fast, stand up and be counted.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by CX

Good advice, but don't lock yourselves away and wait for the bad times to end.

Get out there, join in and make change happen. Be part of it, not a spectator of the spoonfed media on a flatscreen.

Be safe, be strong, be prepared, stand fast, stand up and be counted.

if i believed in "god" id say Amen... so i just gotta say im with ya on this!!!, and when is it americas' turn to straighten out "our" government that continiously robs. lies, cheats and incarcerates our innocence?? sooner the better... i think.. peace
edit on 1-2-2011 by snowman9364 because: oops

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Year's worth of food, battery bank, gennie, solar panels and cash. Two problems that I see:

1. People have waited too long and now will cling to us in emergency.
2. People waited too long and have no income to prepare.

All in all, bad news. Yeah, this could happen here - we're already seeing buffoons yapping about it but I don't believe that it's a front burner issue in the U.S..

My reasoning is that a couple of things have to happen. A major disaster (this snow storm isn't big enough) of an infrastructure stopping type. And a larger economic collapse with hyperinflation. As long as the money stays tied up in digital dollars in the financial system (which is why Wall Street is ignoring any bad news) that won't happen. If that actually does happen fuel prices will be so high that nobody can travel for rioting and whatnot. That's the good thing about being in such a large country.

My big worry is someone engineering a release of the monies into the system which would do it. But for now I just don't see it happening. The revolutionaries are only something like 20% of the population. The rest of would stop them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Me and my girlfriend have been on the road for about 7 yrs now and were lucky enough to not be home when Rita hit the gulf coast. Unfortunately our families were. Lets put aside all the world ending,history changing conspiracies for a moment. Natural disasters still happen that cripple modern society. my parentes had to move from Beaumont Tx to Dallas for a month. Back home the main transformers were taken out and the day after the hurricane it was 102 in East Texas. There were no gas stations open and when stores did open it was cash only. It only makes good sense to prepare for problems where you live. Most studies show that major metropolitian areas only have 10 days of food in the borders. Its is not that hard are expensive to put back some rice and beans, 5 gallons of gas,case of water. THINK, PLAN, SURVIVE.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it is smart to understand that what you are seeing in these other nations -could- happen in the US also, in the right circumstances. And watching it unfold is very interesting. Look how quickly access to money, jobs and food dissapeared. And how people have taken up weapons to protect their neighborhoods and families. Its blaring you in the face - you should keep a supply of food, money, weapons of some sort on hand at all times.

I agree a mega disaster could put us in the same situation, so as much prep as possible is needed by the individual. No, you cannot plan for everything, but it doesnt seem smart to think we will skip thru life with nary a problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Great thread! More and more, we see situations that underscore the need to be prepared. Store necessities, and learn to maintain them. Get to know your neighbors better, for they may someday be your best allies. Be aware!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

If you havn't already started, buy 6 months of food now before prices go up.Learn about free food in your area - fish, game, wild vege's. Start a garden.Feeding yourself and your family will be the No.1 priority if or when "something" happens where you live, followed closely by protecting your food and family.Don't wait!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It is wise to see possible danger ahead and be prepared for it. We do not know how to take care of ourselves, in general. A lot of people have no clue what they would do in a shtf scenario. I have been preaching this to my extended family for the last four years and so far, nada. I will be the one they come running to in a crisis. I don't know how that is going to work out. We need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
is it just me or does this all seem like a test to see what indeed would happen if this sort of civil disorder would happen in the US like a trial and error maybe its the conspiracy theorist in me but this all screams of manipulation of the masses as much as i would like to believe that humans are capable of making thier own choices dont forget that we are still animalistic which meens we can still be "proded" and poked to go in a certain direction doesnt end up for cows to well what better way to control then to make society think its making its own decision to change it will change just not the way we want riots will start to and already have been taking place world wide and yes in the US after TPTB see just what direction americans need to be poked without causing a stampeed "this was a test this was only a test" free will is a biatch and can always be influenced conditioning folks like the pavlovian dogs we are make everyone think its thier decission to overthrough an oppresive government just to put in its place a new one you will accept because you think it was your decission MEH

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ragnarokman

Totaly agree.Everything from major power outages to famines have been used as an experiment to see what the average persons and the community as a whole's response is, and that response is catalogued for future reference. They know how to push the right buttons to get the desired response. We are definately there cattle. What's happening in egypt is just part of the agenda.

top topics

join