It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for PEACEful protest in Egypt...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Shortly after Mubarak's speech shots were fired.

Clashes between "Pro-Mubarak protestors" and anti-Mubarak protestors resume.

I can almost guarantee this is planned by Mubarak. He wants it to get violent so he can be their savior. Disgusting!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's interesting that the army said it would maintain peace and not fire, and that Mubarak said that peaceful protests were fine, the people have the right to them.

All the while more crackdown on communications, and the last ISP being knocked down and now even the phone lines being affected.

Perhaps he is preparing an assault on the protesters with weapons, time will tell.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish. “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.” With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you— the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, of Moab and the Hagrites, Byblos, Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre. Even Assyria has joined them to reinforce Lot’s descendants. Psalm 83:3-8

the Muslim brotherhood is a key factor in this revolt, with the fall of a dictator so shall one emerge.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jophiel
the Muslim brotherhood is a key factor in this revolt, with the fall of a dictator so shall one emerge.

Interesting... Where do you derive that information? Everything I have read and seen says that the Muslim brotherhood is staying out of this on purpose.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sounds like the same logic used in the Fed govt here.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by Jophiel

Interesting... Where do you derive that information? Everything I have read and seen says that the Muslim brotherhood is staying out of this on purpose.

Everything you've read from where? Mooslim Brudderhood was founded in Egypt. They sure as hell aint sittin this puppy out.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

NPR has covered it in their "All Things Considered" show and Diane Rheeme has talked about it with some former Egyptian Diplomat of some sort (cannot rememeber the guys name). In addition, I have heard it discussed on CNN.

I seem to recall a bit on Huffington Post talking to the subject, albeit breifly.

The general consensus I have been hearing is that the MB does not want to impress themselves into what is generally been perceived as a secular populist movement because they feel it would backfire and turn the public against them as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

i have been learning about this from many news articles
here is one that led me to that conclusion.
one source
edit on 1-2-2011 by Jophiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel

Hmm... matter of interpretation, I guess. I read that as saying the movement is basically a secular, left-leaning, pro-labor movement. This would seem contrary to the aims of an Islamic political arm.

Regardless, I am a bit out of my element here, as I don't delve into the intricities of Egyptian politics much.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

To each their own, it was not just that article that led me to that conclusion.
and i am not stating that it is just the brotherhood that is in revolt but they are
using the extra man power imoo to advance there own agenda , and to gain
power from the legitimate concerns and grievances of the Egyptian people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I can almost guarantee this is planned by Mubarak.

How can you almost guarantee such a thing?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Peaceful demonstrations only work with peaceful establishments. Throughout history the ones willing to take the greatest risk-wins.
From what I have seen the people of Egypt are doing it right and peacefully……..but when they get met with violence will they stay the course?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What an utter and rank denial of Jihad. The Muslim Brotherhood champions your denial of their methods!

Sitting this one out? More like the driving force.
edit on 1-2-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I can almost guarantee this is planned by Mubarak.

How can you almost guarantee such a thing?

Plain clothes provocateurs were caught attacking the crowd, and the egyptian protestors caught them and were holding the provocateurs police identifications up to the Al Jazeera camera. So I was indeed right. I posted that before they did this.

Those riding on camels attacking the crowd will of course be Mubaraks as well I presume...
edit on 2-2-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

you are correct, Fox just reported on this a min ago....

Apparently the provocation and violent outbursts were caused by pro gov people, and apparently they ferried alot of them in , in black suvs.......like thats not suspicious......

So blatant, it makes one wonder why they wouldnt be concerned being caught doing that?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10b98d51f80d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Most say that time repeats itself. well how about some sort of UN plan for a Monumental "Peace Pyramid"
This would put all the protesters to work for ages , using pulleys and levers . yeah , A huge Pyramid of the 21 st century that stands for peace... =)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maybe chrome? =)
edit on 2-2-2011 by Ditch_007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join