It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddow Fooled by Satire Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In her show Maddow commented on Stephenson Billings of "Christwire" for his call for a US Invasion of Egypt led by none other than Sarah Palin.

The only problem is "Christwire" is a satire site similar to the Onion.

The clip was quickly pulled from the MSNBC site after the show. But, thankfully the internet never forgets so its out there on YouTube.

In her search for something extreme to paint the right with she picked some thing that was not true. It would be like Hannity reporting one of the Onion's stories about Biden.

To her credit she did admit later on Twitter she'd been had..

Rachel Maddow and NBC Struggle With Satire

The bad news about a free and open internet? Sometimes you get had by brilliant satirists. Christwire: 1 TRMS: 0

Left or Right - always take what these folks say with a grain of salt. Sometimes in their haste to paint the other side in a bad light - they don't always check to see if what they report is actually true.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow, that's embarrassing for her and her staff. She's a very smart person, but this goes to show that even smart people need to FACT CHECK EVERYTHING before they report on it.

Even smart people are humans, and being human can suffer from self-serving bias - they WANT something to be true so bad that they don't question whether it is true or not. It serves their agenda, so they go with it.

Either somebody on her staff she trusts royally screwed up, or she royally screwed herself over.
edit on 1-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
We now know who Maddow's one viewer is....Stephenson Billings.

Seriously, she is so irrelevant, that I'm surprised right wingers even wast their time "watch-dogging" her. If they ever quit watching, her show would vanish overnight.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

When your true objective is to smear people who don't agree with you rather than reporting facts, you get this. Obviously Maddow was fooled because the story fit into her own warped idea of the truth, flavored by her own hate of those who don't happen to agree with her. I think that is easy to see.

I would not be surprised, if the only surprise to them is that their audience even noticed and their very small audience at that. Do people still watch MSNBC and why? For propaganda for Partisan fanatics?

She was "had" because she wanted it to be true. Lord knows their counterparts at places like the Daily Kos have presented lies as facts many times before, often pretending Party Propaganda is news as does MSNBC.

What next from these clowns? If your in the 7 out of 10 people who don't want or like the now declared illegal Health Care Bill, your a secret member of the KKK?

Like I said, is anyone still watching MSNBC and if so, WHY???? What kind of person could see that fake article and even think it was real? Only somebody who wanted it to be real so bad they ran with it as news without even a single verification. It was not that long ago it would have ended her and her staff's careers.

What next, Maddows Boss who just happens to be joined at the hip to Obama has them give up news reporting entirely, in favor of totally fabricated news to influence elections. But then MSNBC has been doing that for some time now. Obama sends a propaganda list to Immelt, who then calls the MSNBC Producers and makes it the task of the day to bastardize the news by being nothing more than a Propaganda arm of the Obama Administration.

At least other news sources mix some actual news reporting in with the propaganda from whichever Party they support. MSNBC seems reluctant to waste good propaganda time on the news they pretend to report. It would just be easier if they hired a gaggle of fiction writers to invent their reports. Every thinking person knows that Immelt and anything to do with GE has been under complete White House control since Obama took Office.

Immelt himself is an oddity since GE's Stock has lost half it's value under his control. Why is he still working? What did Obama see in him? A way to reduce our countries worth by half by letting somebody with the proven ability to fail advise the Oval Office?

I'm rambling again. Sorry. That unholy alliance between a fake news source and the Left that is so far to the Left that even lifelong Liberals can't stand them or their agenda anymore gets under my skin. It's so in our faces that the White House controls NBC that it's insulting to anyone's intelligence. Look at the rewards Immelt is being showered with for helping corrupt our media even further.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The laughable thing is the completely fake authority and mocking attitude in which he presents the completely false information. I do hope both of his viewers understand that likely everything out of his mouth is a completely lie.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Blaine91555
When your true objective is to smear people who don't agree with you rather than reporting facts, you get this.

Perfectly stated.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It's so in our faces that the White House controls NBC that it's insulting to anyone's intelligence. Look at the rewards Immelt is being showered with for helping corrupt our media even further.

And why not? FOX demonstrated under the Bush years what a sound business strategy this could be.

I'm glad this is as transparent to you as it is to me.

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Ladies and Gentlemen, and those in the peanut gallery. This is why you check your sources before going to print, or air. This is awesome, in this day and age. I guess a couple of intern's instead of being molested just got fired over this one.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes the Republican's do have Fox News. But lets be fair, just about every other network is owned, and run by the Democrates. Personally i hate them all for one main reason. I grew up back in the old days. Back when someone said something on the news it was the pure unbiased truth. You didn't have to check the channel to see who's slant you were getting. I wish we would get back to that. I trust what they say on tv about as much as i trust wikipedia to be the word of god.

new topics

top topics

join