It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother in San Diego >>> Adding MORE Fluoride the the water effective immediately !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just received notification that the city of San Diego is going to be adding EVEN MORE Fluoride to our water supply.

The citizens voted to make a city law AGAINST adding fluoride to the drinking water and this passed. Big Brother then went around that issue and made it a STATE law to go ahead and do it anyway because that trumps CITY law.

We just can't win. What the heck are we supposed to do now? Bottled water? Incidentally the bottled water industry is responsible for massive worldwide pollution. We are being put between polluting our bodies with fluoride and polluting the environment with empty plastic bottle containers. I can go get filtered water BUT reverse osmosis will not remove the fluoride anyway. It seems there is no way around this other than paying the water man to come by bi-weekly and drop off spring water. That is a healthy bill in the end.

What to do?

Any San Diegans out there to comment?

How about the rest of you? Your city could be next. What is stopping them from putting whatever they want into the water. All they need is some crackpot to say it is good for the citizens because hey are too dumb and lazy to care for themselves and we should put X,Y and Z chemicals in their water so they have no choice.

Where is the line to be drawn? I personally DO NOT want the morons in the government deciding what they will inject into my body. I was over that whole issue the first time I receive the massive amounts of shots they give you in the military every year or so. Who the hell knows what was in those dang things!

I advise everyone to check out the information related to Fluoride. There is a huge debate over the health benefits/side-effects and chemical effects of this within the human body. Decide for yourself.

This is 2011. We are not in the wild wild west anymore. We have a dental care isle in every store and dentists on every other corner. There is no need in this age to Mandate or Dictate what people will do with their own bodies! Seriously, they allow people to fatten themselves up nicely on McDonalds fast food and other items PROVEN to be extremely harmful to the body and is a huge detriment to the health care system. Why is this allowed to be a choice when the very basic life sustaining fluid is not a choice? I'm not saying that they should regulate McDonalds consumption...well..maybe...but the point is they think we are too stupid to care for our own bodies.

AND they feel they have the RIGHT to dictate what we do with our own bodies. There are many many people, especially in this economy, who cannot afford the Culligan man to come by with 'real' Earth-made water for them. These people really do not have a choice.

This is wrong. We should not be forced. We PAY the water bills and we should have a say in what is IN the water!

Debates about the product in San Diego go back to the 1950s, when San Diego residents voted in a special election to ban treatment of city water with “any fluoride compound.”

Opponents of fluoridated water say the product is linked to numerous health problems, including cancer and bone problems. They question its purported benefits for teeth and resent any efforts to treat medical issues such as cavities by adding products to the public water supply.

Link

Documents show safety concerns slowed fluoridation

These are SD specific links. I did not include the real debate articles about what fluoride actually does to the human body. Suffice to say it IS a poison and that is not open to debate. The effects are. I'm humbly asking my fellow ATS'ers to add info links to both sides of the argument.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A little bit of fluoride is good for the teeth, too much and it does send people docile in the short term plus other complications long term. With the civil unrest going on in other parts of the world, 'adding more' is one option the government has before having to call the national guard as people wake up to the reality and take action.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

We should stand up and protest here to just to set a point as "We The People" have had it with TPCG telling us this is for our health and we need it. This Nazi used fluoridated water to control the jews in WW2 and then was introduced in the USA. I thought we just had a MSN, BBC, CNN all local and news papers said that to much fluoride was in the water supply already.
Government finally admits that fluoride is a serious health risk
Published: January 15, 2011 FULL LINK HERE: www.celebrities-with-diseases.com...

Since its introduction into the water supplies of many countries some 60 years ago, many people have questioned the validity of fluoride’s inclusion in our food and water.

In fact so many people have questioned it – constantly – that scientists have made it their quest to inform the public over the dangers of consuming fluoride. We are now seeing a breakthrough after the government has finally admitted that fluoride is harmful to our bodies and they are preparing to limit the amount put into our drinking supply
Any fluoride is a health problem.... Sodium Fluoride is used as a posion to kill rodents check it out. Also I use no toothpaste or anything that contains Sodium Fluoride. I went to a vet cause my dog was getting sick and was useing regular tooth paste, and that is a no no that was why she was getting sick. I should only be using a special type of tooth paste for dogs or cats that contains no Fluoride. A young baby who ingests tooth paste will die. Go check me out....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

That poses another issue...What does this chemical do to growing children? We already know it is harmful to fully grown adults.

I heard on the radio this AM the DJ was talking about her experience with the dentist. I could not believe it but she said her dentist told her that she ONLY uses tap water for her baby because of this and went on to say other dentists say the same. This makes me wonder if the dentists are just falling in line and repeating what they hear instead of researching themselves. This goes on WAY more than you would think...My wife is a doctor. A lot of them accept these things because they have been doing it for so long they believe in the system like all the other sheep in the wold. They are people who make mistakes too.

Like the immunization / antibiotics issue. They feel there is no issue to discuss until they research the issues themselves. I have seen many doctors change their thinking after researching the immunization safety issues. Most refuse to inoculate their own children because of the hazards. This is another piece of the system they just don't think to question because it's been established. They started thinking when the whole Swine-flu nonsense became so intense they were thinking of FORCING everyone to get the immunization. They saw the process of how many of the checks for quality and content were overlooked in order to pump out enough of the stuff for the whole city. Things didn't add up and those questions posed more questions and so on...until some of the docs we know looked into it and got scared as hell.

Don't think that established practices are always good for your health. New research come out all the time. It only takes a few docs OK to get something into the process. It takes a heck of a lot more to change something that is already in place.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Question : What are the health risks of fluoride in water?

Answer : www.fluoridealert.org...

A quick search came up with some obscure information on a straightforward method for removing this poison from drinking water,

“A simple and easy way to neutralize fluorides”

source : www.indiadivine.org...

edit on 1-2-2011 by seasoul because: F.T.G.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

After 50 yrs, US Government decides there is too much flouride in water.
In a remarkable turnabout, federal health officials say many Americans are getting too much fluoride, and it's causing spots on children's teeth and perhaps other, more serious problems.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced plans Friday to lower the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water for the first time in nearly 50 years, based on a fresh review of the science.

IS THIS ALL BULL NOW???
www.pkviews.com...

edit on 2/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here’s some good information on an “electrolytic defluoridation process.”

source : technology.ezinemark.com...

It seems as if India might be taking this issue quite seriously.

Warning : U.S. federal government executing its fluoridated waterboarding experiments!

edit on 1-2-2011 by seasoul because: F.T.G.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Wow THIS is a great deal of info.... Awesome database of lab results testing from all over the place. Sorted by year..

These are not internet articles...These are actual lab studies done by professors and PhDs.
AND these are only the results from 2010 ONLY. There are more sorted by year...

January 22, 2011 Below are summaries of some of the more notable fluoride studies of 2010. Tara Blank, Ph.D. Science and Health Liaison Officer Fluoride Action Network

Fluoride Compromises Brain Function

CDC reports 41% of 12-15 year-olds have dental fluorosis

Increased risk of fluorosis from infant formula reconstituted with fluoridated water

At least one-quarter of UK population over-exposed to fluoride

Fluoride decreases bone strength

Fluoride increases serum lead concentrations

Fluoride disrupts cardiac function

Fluoride as a pro-inflammatory factor

These are just the synopsis above; each of these has descriptions of the study and the results. Also lists all the doctors involved. Link

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Leading the charge against fluoridization of our drinking water is Dr. Paul Connett, a chemistry professor at St. Lawrence University.

"We won’t be satisfied until this foolish practice is eliminated from the face of the earth. Even promoters like the CDC (1999) admit fluoride’s predominant action is TOPICAL – so why swallow it when you can brush it on your teeth and spit it out? Swallowing it means you receive few if any benefits but you get all the risks. In addition, it is both ridiculous and unethical to use the water supply to deliver medication. It forces it on people who don’t want it. You cannot control dose or who gets it and individual response is not monitored. Moreover, in the case of fluoride there is practically no margin of safety between the so-called ‘beneficial” dose and the toxic dose – which would demand very careful control of dose, which you cannot control merely by controlling the concentration at the waterworks.. Please note the level of fluoride in mothers’ milk is 0.004 ppm. This means a bottle fed baby in a fluoridated town gets 175 times more fluoride than a breast fed one. That is not a sensible thing to do."

[url=http://www.greenrightnow.com/weareaustin/2011/01/13/leading-fluoride-opponent-paul-connett-says-fluoridation-makes-no-sense-at-any-level]Link[/ur l]

Tough to argue. Even the CDC admits that fluoride is only beneficial when used as a TOPICAL treatment not when ingested.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: tried to made link work

edit on 1-2-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
How much Flouride would that be? I think about 0.2 mg per liter is good for your teeth. 4.0 mg per liter makes you stupid, like really stupid. Thats the concentration of Fluoride in the drinking water in some parts of china.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

This reminds me. There is a recent China study back in 2007. Linked on the same web page as the 2010 studies.

Here are some more studies...Harvard...Cornell....

1)National Research Council: EPA’s fluoride standards are unsafe
2) Harvard Study: Fluoridation associated with bone cancer in boys
3) Too much fluoride can damage the developing brain
4) Infant fluoride exposure linked to permanent tooth discoloration
5) Kidney patients at risk of chronic fluoride poisoning
6) Cornell scientist diagnoses fluoride poisoning in horses drinking fluoridated water
7) Fluoride exposure linked to kidney damage in children
8) Water fluoridation linked to higher blood lead levels in children from old homes
9) Dental fluorosis linked to tooth decay & psychological stress
10) Water fluoridation & the “Precautionary Principle”

Link

These are 2006 Studies

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
How much Flouride would that be? I think about 0.2 mg per liter is good for your teeth. 4.0 mg per liter makes you stupid, like really stupid. Thats the concentration of Fluoride in the drinking water in some parts of china.

I would say 0.0000% would be good for me and my family. This is only effective as a topical agent NOT for ingesting. They (gov't) only seem to want to study the effects of this topical treatment and then decide to go ahead with making people drink it. You must be kidding. Who is at the helm Gomer Pile?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's no wonder that they are putting more flouride in your water supply.
If all of the good citizens of San Diego are as aware and socially conscious as you
they obviously need to "UP" your dosage so you'll stfu and go back to sleep.

Stop being so socially aware and a threat to the system. You clearly have too much energy,
ohhh, and don't forget to......"drink up"!
!!!!!

btw, S&F
edit on 1-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What Chemicals do Reverse Osmosis and Distillation Remove/Reduce? Reverse osmosis will generally remove any molecular compounds smaller in size than water molecules. Such compounds include salt, manganese, iron, fluoride, lead, and calcium (Binnie et al, 2002). Reverse osmosis is extremely efficient at stripping minerals from water, and it is highly valued as a water purification process in the printing industry, in which mineral-free water must be used.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
It's no wonder that they are putting more flouride in your water supply.
If all of the good citizens of San Diego are as aware and socially conscious as you
they obviously need to "UP" your dosage so you'll stfu and go back to sleep.

Stop being so socially aware and a threat to the system. You clearly have too much energy,
ohhh, and don't forget to......"drink up"!
!!!!!

btw, S&F

No doubt. Pretty soon they'll start taxing me more for being a vegetarian and not putting all that extra money into the broken healthcare system.

I have to say I'm really glad to not get those damn shots in the military anymore. Felt like such a pile of crap after. Waiting for TPTB now to make those damn shots mandatory for all the citizens now...can you imagine?
I bet they are in a dark corner somewhere thinking up ways to make that happen some how.

Step 1 = add more fluoride to their drinking troughs.

Step 2 = give them all the shots we would never take.

Step 3 = pretend there is another threat out there like space aliens (ohh nooo...boogie boogie!) and use that to steal more money out of the treasury without telling anyone where it goes. Can you smell another 2-billion dollars going missing? Fun stuff.

Step 4 = all web addresses will now link to the owners web page...China.gov!

Step 5 = move to the underground luxury suites when we finish polluting the planet for money.

Step 6 = start another war with the surface-dwellers and get more money!

Man I should write a Sci-Fy book although it is closer to actual events than fiction.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I am aware of those facts. RO is the best filtration system out there coupled with UV.
But this does not remove water soluble chemicals like fluoride unfortunately. I drink RO water all day.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If you don't keep your mouth shut they're going to figure out a way to up the dosage in just YOUR drinking water!

Damn trouble makers! You bring it on your selves

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Uh Oh...Didn't know they were adding this to BOTTLED WATER and to SODA on top of tap water, toothpaste, and mouth wash. 2 out of 5 kids is a horrible statistic. And those are only showing EXTERNAL signs of problems. There has been no long term study of the affects of ingestion.

This is one of those things in life that once you start to look at it more and more scary crap pops up. We take too much for granted like assuming that the gov't is looking out for our health.

The government first began urging municipal water systems to add fluoride in the early 1950s. Since then, it has been put in toothpaste and mouthwash. It is also in a lot of bottled water and in soda. Some kids even take fluoride supplements. Now, young children may be getting too much. "Like anything else, you can have too much of a good thing," said Dr. Howard Pollick, a professor at the University of California, San Francisco's dental school and spokesman for the American Dental Association. One reason behind the change: About 2 out of 5 adolescents have tooth streaking or spottiness because of too much fluoride, a government study found recently. In extreme cases, teeth can be pitted by the mineral — though many cases are so mild only dentists notice it. The problem is generally considered cosmetic and not a reason for serious concern.

Forgot to mention...They JUST recently banned fluoride use in pesticides. This was very recent. Until then we have been eating it on our food as well....

...and everyone was thinking that it was just in the water..Ha! Wake up peoples.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Once one learns to think for him/herself everything comes together and makes sense.

I teach my kids (5) to think for themselves.
I asked them one day,
Who disovered America???

They said predictably "Christopher Columbus"

I said, So where did the word "Indians" come from?

Kids - Well, that's the name he used for the natives who were here because he thought he was in India so he called the Natives "Indians"

Me - "really, I thought you just said Columbus discovered America. How could he have discovered America if there were already people here when he arrived??? Wouldn't that mean that the "Indians" discovered "America"?????

Kids - ".....uhhh....................ummmmm"

Now, moving right along,
The Government has your best intrest at heart and has laws in place to keep you safe right??
There is an agency just for making sure our food and drugs don't harm us. It is called....anyone.....anyone.....Bueller.....Bueller.....The Food and Drug Administration!! or FDA.
They make sure that everything you eat and drink is safe. They also make sure your medicine is safe.
NO harmful ingrediants....RIGHT???

" Now kids, is smoking good for you or bad for you"?

kids - "BAD"
me - "what happens if you smoke cigarettes"?
kids - "you could get cancer and die"
me - "Then why does the FDA allow cigarettes to be sold if they are known to kill people"????
kids - .............uhhhh.............ummm.
me -

Everything is not as it would seem. Your teachers tell you things that aren't true, not because they are liers but because they are willfully ignorant and have been told things that aren't true by other people who are willfully ignorant....and on and on it goes.

Your government cannot be trusted to keep you safe anymore than the Police Officers can. the only one responsible for your safety is..............Bueller......Bueller.....Anyone......???

edit on 1-2-2011 by Screwed because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You would be a fun parent I think. I had the same issues with the teachers in my school days. The logic didn't play out for me even then. And the nuns in private school don't like being second guessed either. Can you just feel the sore knuckles? We should send those ladies over to fight the "wars". That would scare the hell out of them.

Completely agree. And I believe the Scandinavians discovered America even before CC. There were still probably NA-Indians before that even. I believe they traced that to the land-bridge from Asia way back....
...so China is really just reuniting us all once again when they buy us out right !

Yes we are responsible...BUT....what do we do when they treat with chemicals the very basic life giving substances? Hard to get around the need for water. They can GMO all the foods they want...I'll vote with my wallet and buy organic. They don't happen to sell organic water....well...yet that is. My God I can just see that happening next. I'll have to go the the farmers market just to buy water.

What's next little nanite-microchips in the water for 'health reasons"?

We have to draw the line somewhere and remind these jokers who they really work for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join