It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very interesting UFO over Cheltenham, UK last night - 30th January 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't usually link to a file on you tube of a 'UFO' but this was actually a good friend of mine who experienced this so I know it's the real deal, or in other words it's not a hoax, cgi or any other form of trickery.

This UFO was there most of the night if not all of it, in the same spot, was completely silent and seemed to change colour from blue to yellow to red - you can see a bit of this as the camera zooms in. Any movement you do see is my poor motion tracking or camera shake.

I have done a very quick bit of image stabilization once it comes into focus to try and make it clearer, other than that it is what it is...?

Here is his explanation of what he saw last night:

"So...Sunday night 30th Jan 2011 over Cheltenham UK. Crisp, clear, very cold night and we saw 3-4 lights which seemed brighter than the other stars. If you looked closer you could make out a few 'coloured' lights which seemed to be flashing and some of the them were moving slowly across the sky, inconsistently (starting/stopping). So we tried to video the brightest and eventually the zoom managed to focus and this is what came out...
I just wish I had a stronger zoom and a tripod! Strangely there was absolutely no sound at all, completely silent and this one was there all night long over my house. At about midnight we drove up to the masts which is the highest point in the area and with no city light distraction - we saw over 100 of these. All a variety of colours and some moving differently or just disappearing. "

I will start with some screen grabs:

small

bigger - unfortunately these bigger ones have been cropped on the right so you cant actually see what looks like some kind of tale or the back end of it...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78b6e7363ad7.png[/atsimg]

big

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/720e212b3af0.png[/atsimg]

and treated to try and bring out some detail

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9782a845777a.png[/atsimg]

and here is the video which I have done a quick bit of stabilizing on

and here is the raw footage with sound, untreated:

Now neither of us have ever seen anything like this before so it would be good to see what ats thinks...

edit on 31-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Youtube links need fixing.

Pics look quite interesting though.

Doh!, fixed while posting

Thanks.
edit on 31/1/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

wow that was quick!

fixed

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Very interesting shape. Can you ask your friend for pictures of the area in the day for a start?

Also, do you know the rough where-abouts he recorded from and the direction (North or South for example).

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think its a little too motionless to be an airborne object.......maybe something lit up on a hillside. Im no expert though so i could be very wrong.

Good find all the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
it's definately air born, I will ask him to get a photo from the same spot tomorrow and find out direction and location other than just Cheltenham

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
it's definately air born, I will ask him to get a photo from the same spot tomorrow and find out direction and location

Brill!

If your friend mentioned the masts, it's not too far away from the office that these guys work from: 2012 Rising which I found quite funny.

There's also an RAF Fairford near by, but it wouldn't explain a completely stationary object...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

yeah my first thought was some kind of military plane/aircraft

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
kind of suspicious the way the camera pans away
also did he just get sick of recording it or did the camera battery run out
no talking on vid as if he expected something to be there
all these make me believe its fake

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Remember Stanley Fulham ?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by darrenb

I tend to agree, but we need fact before we can judge... hence the questions I raised. At first glance, it appears to be a strong light among shrubs or trees but based on assumption (that's all I can do at the moment), more lights should be present around the area.

Hopefully we should get some more info tomorrow.

I'm still a little suspicious of the fact that the possible recording destination is not too far from an office/house registered to a 2012/UFO website and the OP has a significant interest in that subject.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Yeh, but I don't see how this links to him. He was "told by greater beings that mass sightings would appear in Russia and then throughout London".

Cheltenham is 120 miles from London and this isn't exactly a mass sighting. I don't mean to speak ill of the dead but the guy was about as accurate and reliable as David Icke when it comes to predictions. A fantasist and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

excuse my ignorance...who?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
reply to post by darrenb

I'm still a little suspicious of the fact that the possible recording destination is not too far from an office/house registered to a 2012/UFO website and the OP has a significant interest in that subject.

wow nice work school project! very 'ats'
Although I have never heard of project2012 and if I had I wouldn't read it if I had...I prefer the wise old ats'ers my self. My interests have nothing to do with creating hoaxes...goes against the grain somewhat.. I just wanted to get some views from the ats 'hardcore' as I know it not to be a hoax

I understand the skepticism and the need for more info...that's why we love ats right. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with some more photographs and details

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Haha, any time bro, any time
- Reading it back it sounds harsh of me, didn't mean for it to come across as "Hmm, I think this guy is a liar". I've got my fair share of dubious posts on here anyways!

Look forward to seeing some findings though because it is an interesting clip!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow! This reminds me of the craft seen in the SOHO telescope being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does anyone else see a resemblance? The two arms coming off the craft...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

excuse my ignorance...who?

Here my friend :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject

Yeh, but I don't see how this links to him. He was "told by greater beings that mass sightings would appear in Russia and then throughout London".

Cheltenham is 120 miles from London and this isn't exactly a mass sighting. I don't mean to speak ill of the dead but the guy was about as accurate and reliable as David Icke when it comes to predictions. A fantasist and nothing more.

With the internet, any UFO sight can be a mass sighting today. Anyway, we all can feel it coming right?... I don't know what, but it's coming.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I like the way you've presented this, and the fact that you haven't over-sensationalised it.

First impressions unfortunately were of a Chinese Lantern, stuck in a tree. The colour didn't change, and the initial appearance was most definitely the same as those lanterns. With Chinese New Year this week, it could be that someone is experimenting with readily available lanterns...

Secondly I have a question about your OP. You state it was experienced by a friend, but then go on to detail how you were holding the camera? Whether I've misinterpreted what you wrote I'm unsure, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing. You said you have more footage/ witnessed more of these lights, including some that changed colour? Could you put up some more footage pls?

If you don't have any at the moment, you should re-visit the area for a stake-out (take some beers and a guitar, make a campfire so it's not a wasted evening if you don't see anything)...

edit on 1-2-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
I like the way you've presented this, and the fact that you haven't over-sensationalised it.

First impressions unfortunately were of a Chinese Lantern, stuck in a tree. The colour didn't change, and the initial appearance was most definitely the same as those lanterns. With Chinese New Year this week, it could be that someone is experimenting with readily available lanterns...

Secondly I have a question about your OP. You state it was experienced by a friend, but then go on to detail how you were holding the camera? Whether I've misinterpreted what you wrote I'm unsure, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing. You said you have more footage/ witnessed more of these lights, including some that changed colour? Could you put up some more footage pls?

If you don't have any at the moment, you should re-visit the area for a stake-out (take some beers and a guitar, make a campfire so it's not a wasted evening if you don't see anything)...

edit on 1-2-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

Hi - ok I take on board your skepticism, it's expected, and will try and answer your points...although I may not be able to respond to all of them as I was not there. Also it's worth pointing out at this point that I don't necessarily think it's alien in nature, just an unidentified flying object, my reason for posting is to get answers not try to convince the world aliens are invading.

1. It was there most of the night, if not all night, and to me that certainly doesn't look like a Chinese lantern:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78b6e7363ad7.png[/atsimg]
but I guess it could be at first glance

2. sorry if the op was confusing, let me clarify. The film was shot by a friend in cheltenham and sent over to me, I live no where near cheltenham (although I wish I did and could have witnessed it myself...sounds pritty amazing!). I then steadied it and got it put on you tube. The camera shake is from the guy who filmed it, the dodgy stabilizing is me im afraid.

3. yes my friend then went onto a hill nearby as stated ion the op but im not sure if he filmed any more...would be mad not to though!... I will get in touch with him later and see what other info I can gather from him.

edit on 1-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join