It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid *Alert* Strange Rainbow...Birds Fleeing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Long time Reader, not too many posts!
These past few days I and my wife have been very nauseous, to the point where we had to take Dramamine just to deal with, the last time we both felt this way was on a cruise ship! What made it weirder; my neighbor has the same issue. We live in upstate NY.

Also, as cold as it was this morning, I noticed Blue Birds flying all over the place, It sounded like the first day of Spring, there where so many chirping! I asked my friend who bird watches and he said that was weird, since bluebirds migrate South to South West

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When you see such rainbow, it is time to take cover.

Get out of buildings and stay in the open. It could be days away, or in the case of Chile 2010, hours.

Not many will heed the warnings, as is expected, for life needs to go on. The best thing to do, is to have a sense of urgency. When feeling a slight disorietation or tremor, signs of it such as chandileers or display units start shaking, get out, far out into the open, but not into a car.

Take care all.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yes of course Serpent Mound, I used it in my book because it is aligned with the Constellation Draco.
Love how they date them millions of years ago. They don't have a clue. Good Work !

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think that a whole lot of people will be shocked when this thing does go off at just how far reaching the destruction will be. You have to remember, in 1811-12, we didn't have the infrastructure that we have today. The 1811-12 quakes caused church bells in Boston to ring... I live in Western Ky. I have seen small rainbows in clear skies, no quake happened. Hopefully she remains sleeping!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Im in Central Ky and I pray that this sucker doesent go off. Our buildings arent built to withstand earthquakes. A 6.0 or more and We'd we totally screwed.

Now Ive watched plenty of documentaries about the Sichuan Earthquake and how they used very little rebar in their buildings and this was part of the reason why there was so much devastation when the earthquake hit- but- there was something that was discovered too about this, one of the US contractors said that when he was surveying the damage, he was so distraught and to learn that most of all the children had all died because they had been taught to get under their desks and were crushed and had they actually gotten aside their desks, gotten aside an object instead of under an object they would of had a better chance of surviving because when the roof collapsed the object would act as a fulcrum protecting the body.

So which is best to do in earthquake survival mode- get under or aside an object?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I've lived in Michigan all my life, so not sure why I would remember this lol... but we were told in the event of an earthquake to stand inside of doorways and beside supporting walls inside our home,or under a sturdy piece of furniture, like a table, don't go outside, and stay away from windows and outside walls. If you are already outside when the earthquake starts, in that case, stay out in the open and away from buildings or anything that can fall on you. But good god don't go runnin outside if you are already inside when it starts.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
most of all the children had all died because they had been taught to get under their desks and were crushed and had they actually gotten aside their desks, gotten aside an object instead of under an object they would of had a better chance of surviving because when the roof collapsed the object would act as a fulcrum protecting the body.

So which is best to do in earthquake survival mode- get under or aside an object?

I saw and/or read that too a while back, and thought of it the other day when there was a big earthquake drill thing in BC here.. On the news when they showed different classes taking part of the drill in school, it showed the kids, (in every class) huddling under their desks.. I told my husband about that thing I'd heard about with those poor little school kids..
When i talked to my little guy about it, i told him to go beside something bigger than him.. mainly tho if he's at home.. to get beside his bed if something happened in the middle of the night. Or beside the couch if we're in the living room, and of course the good ole doorway trick..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have always heard that you should get outside any building as far away from buildings as possible and not in your car.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnet2000

I meet the lady back in the 80's that could tell when and where earthquakes would happen by feeling dizzy and what part of her head hurt. There was a lot of research done with her. If you get any info or feel the earth move let us know.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just created this account for say that:

I saw that strange rainbows in Rio de Janeiro some days ago
Nothing big happened here in capital. but on a close city...

edition.cnn.com...

and a tornado was reported too, but a tornado is rare here in brazil

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Luis1109

Yes, I read ATS a lot and just got on here about the birds dying. The people in Chile also saw these strange rainbows and were real upset saying the US caused it with HAARP. Have there ever been rainbows reported before HAARP started? I am glad you are safe, 800 people, how terrible. It just amazes me how much of this is going on all over the world and yet we haven't had anything that bad but Katrina.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't know about an earthquake, but it does sound like something is going to happen in that region. People have known about this fault for years, why the sudden interest?

I mean, you would have thought some of these cities would have required earthquake proof buildings/structures a long time ago.

Who knows, maybe this is corporate America's way of making a quick buck with all the 2012 fears. After all, they are the ones who are going to rake in the bucks when everyone run out to buy their emergency gear.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am in Anchorage, Alaska currently, and I was out earlier today driving and there was a rainbow like this in a cloud, It was around 3 pm. I will let you know if an earthquake happens, but i really think its probably just ice crystals.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Yeah !!! You get a lot of rainbows up there with the Northern Lights. Be on the lookout with your camera on Feb 2 & 3. Solar flares.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

From what I've read, these rainbows and lights show up right before the earthquake.

The video on youtube was uploaded on the 25th of January, it is now the 1st of Feb, that's over 6 days ago, clearly whatever was seen, had nothing to do with earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I tried to find the source (but couldn't) where I read they are saying not to stand under doorways any longer. I remembered this because I was told to do that when I lived in California. I think its something like duck, under and hold (meaning get under something such as a sturdy table and hold the legs (I saw a pic demonstrating this). Just what I remember not saying its the thing to do until I find a source. I will try to find something on this tomorrow - off to bed and hope to not be shakin awake.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So are those clouds similar to what I just posted today on this thread?

What might really be happening in whasington state?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Nite, have good dreams daisy

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Well I certainly hope nouthing comes of this, there is really never a good time for such a events more so mid winter. Any sort of fracture within our our life lines.. Midred areas, would be felt Nationwide.

Right now it looks quiet!

www.iris.edu...

Be Well..Jesse

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join