It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Hack Your Brain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
gizmodo.com...

You are not who you think you are. Your personality and identity is significantly more malleable than you realize. With a few simple tricks, you can exploit your brain's innate functionality to change just about anything about yourself. Here's how.

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I figured Philosophy was probably the best option.
The article says a lot of stuff that many of us already know, but it gives (in my opinion) an interesting point of view on a lot of things.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
S&F

I love this stuff and frequently attempt to convince others to to do the same to their brains. Times change, people dont? Riiiiiiiight.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
S&F I love this kind of stuff you should try Binaural beats.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I tried binaural beats, but couldn't seem to get any effect from them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would say such a notion is the basis of the entire idea of "free will."

Who knows how far it truly extends outside of ones body, but it certainly applies to ones perspective. The amount of change that can be exercised is, inherently, beyond ones current comprehension.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03[/

Did you try them with headphones?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You are yourself when you ultimately decide that you are you.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah I did. I would think an hour at a time would be enough to get something out of it, but they didn't seem to do anything to me

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

hmmm Some people say they don't effect them. I used this site www.i-dose.us...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'll give some of those a shot later when I get home.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Just thought i would mention that soundstage perception varies from person to person as well. Most ears are symmetrical enough to have headphones be the proper setup, but some (like myself, to a small degree) actually can get better results from a properly set up speaker system. Most headphones, and speakers, have absolutely terrible imaging (even many "high end" components)

I think such things as binaural audio, and solfeggio type things are also based on ones own ability to be able to control, and consequently, "let go" of their own perspective.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Depends...i don't think 'free will' in the traditional sense exists, neither do many people.. anyway interesting link, thanks the the OP!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I keep getting a blue screen.
I just stand there until some one re'boots me

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Fair enough, be an automaton

kidding, by the way. many, many people take things so seriously and personally, so i felt the need to add this!

For what its worth, the only place i believe free will exists is within ones perspective (how one chooses to look at the world). beyond that (even the words i type right now), its a bit of a crap shoot. But thats just getting off topic, anyway, and a debate on the topic has zero interest to me. just thought i would clarify.

Either way, for things like the binaural audio and solfeggio, it is my hypothesis that how effective they will be is based almost entirely on soundstage perception, individual ear structure, and how much one has explored their perspective. I believe many of them suggest that falling asleep continues the process as well? might not be a bad idea to try. I would also hypothesize that "changes" that would occur would take extended exposure to the audio, and it wouldnt be something of a sudden nature.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

GREAT topic, link. S&F&

Now I'm off to make a list of people to send this to.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Of course theres S&F - this topic is right in my sweet spot (see sig.)

It really hit the sweet spot a couple of posts up in the response about the automaton - it's how you choose to use the resources at your disposal to create a concrete reality for yourself. "Altered state of consciousness" is a nice turn of phrase that allows or permits just about anything to act as a catalyst to experience non-ordinary reality. if one carries an objective view of these new perceptions into their cognitive Process, alternatives and options for living can be greatly increased.

ganjoa
edit on 31-1-2011 by ganjoa because: attributed to wrong poster (my bad), changed person/tense

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
For an entire year I utilized Centerpointe's Holosync programs, then I ventured into the online Binaural Beats. I have not used any of them for nearly a year now.

What happened is that I suddenly found myself without the "paralysis" during the REM stage. I literally hurt myself throwing myself off of my bed and slamming into the nearby dresser and landing on the floor. I was in a lucid dream and for the first time in my life the protective body paralysis was not engaged. This was very freaky for me and scary; it only happened once, but once is enough.

Other than that, I did find them quite relaxing and feel that my right brain is talking to my left brain now, or at least more clearly. The very first time I used "Dive" and "Immersion" I could not stop laughing, it was like a tickle to my system.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ive also tried the beats. They didn't produce any of the effects I was told. Who knows.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I beleive this, but why am I becoming dyslexic lately. Really am I doing this to myself?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I beleive this, but why am I becoming dyslexic lately. Really am I doing this to myself?

Dyslexia is a disability, nothing to do with personality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join