It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: Website Programmers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I have a few ideas that could end up helping rival facebook.com, I'm very opinionated on what facebook.com is setting out to achieve. It could turn into something of corruption down the track and could be used to target the population.

I need programmers, and lots of them.

BIG and small

Regards,

Dan
edit on 31-1-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

Also, people who carry legal knowledge and anything else that may be able to help please come forward.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I'm no programmer and probably wont be much help on a technical side, but i agree facebook has gone downhill.... It has gotten boring, removing the Wall, removing apps from your profile and it has actually gotten worse in user-friendliness.

It has lost it's fun and is now focused on social updates and chat. Wheras before it was more focused on the fun of your homepage, apps and being interactive.

Goodluck
i am sick of hearing how that guy is a billionaire because of a free service.... what a joke..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I can learn quickly actually been studying a little bit on my own as I am doing a career change into computers.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm a HTML, Java, jQuery, CSS, ect script writer. I can also produce some nice looking flash websites. Although I am only starting out and haven't had any clients, I have been designing websites for about 3 years, and recently a lot of new stuff has been coming out and I am right up to date.

I'm 18, and 2 websites of mine will be coming out hopefully before the summer. They are coming along great, and should generate about 10 000 visitors daily at least as long as i market well. That should bring about $120 daily per site.

Trust me, if you have a website idea, learn to make a website. Extremely beneficial, and if your pro, all the money is yours.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am trying to learn some coding. i build pages but they are simple pages. I never went to school for it or anything and when I start dabbling in it i am constantly trying to find references on the net and that is a drag. I do not have exhaustive code reference and that sets me back, but I like building pages and want to learn more... know how to do more things. It's a tad aggravating because I can't remember the codes. there are pages of mine right now that look all crazy because I got stuck on one thing- couldn't find the answer and couldn't remember it exactly by heart so i just quit working on and started doing something else.

I tend to do that a lot if a project isn't moving at a good steady pace. Right now I am renovating my bathroom and unlike the webdesigning- I have everything I need for the bathroom.... I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I'm a HTML, Java, jQuery, CSS, ect script writer. I can also produce some nice looking flash websites. Although I am only starting out and haven't had any clients, I have been designing websites for about 3 years, and recently a lot of new stuff has been coming out and I am right up to date.

I'm 18, and 2 websites of mine will be coming out hopefully before the summer. They are coming along great, and should generate about 10 000 visitors daily at least as long as i market well. That should bring about $120 daily per site.

Trust me, if you have a website idea, learn to make a website. Extremely beneficial, and if your pro, all the money is yours.

AHHH... You make me so jealous! I want to build revenue generating websites but can't think of anything anyone else would be interested in. I just work on my personal sites when i have time trying to learn. Maybe one day i will get a really good idea. I need to just keep working at it because even crappy stuff is a lot better than some of the crap sites on the net that are actually drawing money... it's crazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Well, look at Andrew from Groupon. Pretty simple concept, although required him setting up a network of exchange. He set it up, and let the people do their thing. Then what happens? Google offers him $5 billion USD for his website. Take it right? Nope. He declined, and is expected to make in the billions yearly. Although Google just ended up coming out with their own concept of groupon, and will make a lot of money, The first one in makes the big bucks in the beginning. Just as long as they do it correctly.

Trust me, if you find out a concept that will for sure generate a lot of money not just on ads, do NOT say anything about it online. When you find programmers that will work with you, make sure contracts are signed. You don't want to pull a facebook or anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

right on, if you have the right platforms to prop up your ideas, anything, and I mean anything is possible. Google is in the right position to take on groupon because they have so much advertising at there disposal and they could even get the companys that advertise with them to get onside.

Furthermore: If anyone is interested in collaborating with me (everyone) who is involved, please send me a message and we can set something up through Skype.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

It could turn into something of corruption down the track

I think that happened a long time ago...

And your idea wouldn't happen to be similar to joindiaspora.com... would it?

I am a web developer as you may have guessed...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I've had the same idea before they sprung up just looking to set something up myself and put things in place so it can't be manipulated by others. I don't think they are on par with my ideas, but we will soon see. Anyone got any information on facebook.com attributed deaths, that would be a real eye opener.

and when I say by myself, I am not preventing anyone from gaining recognition for there works on the project...if it even gets off the ground, I just don't want it to be smeared by anyones personal agendas, these ideas I have will have to stick if it is to work efficiently.

Thanks for everyones time, and I look forward to more feedback coming my way.

Regards,

Dan

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nobel cause, indeed. Facebook has always rubbed me the wrong way. It is just so flipping non-intuitive.

I was recently asked to integrate facebook into a WPF Windows application. That was a NIGHTMARE. Basically, Facebook no longer supports any authentication or authorization mechanisms except using a browser. What's worse is that they are trying to pressure the rest of the social industry to follow suit in adopting OAuth.

Anyway, I am a developer, obviously, but I barely have time for my own side projects.
Good luck on yours, though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Anyone wanting to start? I can't code, but I have an abundance of ideas, so give me your time and we can work something out. I am hoping a few posters hit me up so we can work en masse

Regards,

Dan

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Update: I've chosen the domain name, and it's quite suitable for what the network is all about, but will keep brainstorming as I go.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you use joomla there is a community plug in that gives you much the same functionality as face book for free.
Its not even hard to set up and you can mod it as much as you want if you want to add more

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Cheers for the direction, do you know how many people it can support? Any links?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's the main Joomla site. link
Joomla is a content management system (CMS) so it's like a pre made web site that you change by adding different modules to that can do loads of different stuff and add different functionality to the site.

I would download v1.5 though as a lot of the modules dont work on 1.6 yet.
Joomla has a massive support forum where you could ask more questions, they usually reply pretty fast too here

The community add on, that has things like adding friends, writing on peoples walls etc is here

As for number of users I think it just depends on how good a server you put it on but Im not sure
edit on 6-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Time to re-invigorate this thread once more, I've just registered a domain name which ties in with my ideas.

Skype: devotees.com.au, not the actual website name, but another one that I use as my skype address.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join