It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we wasting time putting drug users in jail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 30-1-2011 by zombiesC4 because: Double post.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Because it creates jobs from the police to the lawyers the judges the prison staff that help to boost up the GDP . Also prisons are a commodity that can be sold on the stock exchange they fuller they are the more productive they appear the more appealing it is to it's investors.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the human body is not designed to ingest coc aine, heroin, etc. it can barely tolerate moderate alcohol (some can't tolerate any).

www.medical-online.com...

narcotics have an addictive effect which essentially causes temporary insanity.
allowing people to drug away will bring about a massive wave of crime (paying for the habit), illness, destructive behavior and death.

Big Brother might allow some soma-type mellowing drug just to keep the populace in line. (in the book 1984 gin was widely available).
edit on 30-1-2011 by works4dhs because: add link

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They put them in jail to give them criminal records = LESS CHANCES OF EMPLOYMENT!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
allowing people to drug away will bring about a massive wave of crime (paying for the habit), illness, destructive behavior and death.

Big Brother might allow some soma-type mellowing drug just to keep the populace in line. (in the book 1984 gin was widely available).

Mindless idiocy in those words. Pure ignorance.

Where there's a will there's a way. Keeping drugs illegal KEEPS THE CURIOUS, MISCHIEVOUS NATURE of adolescents wanting to try drugs out. ONCE YOU LEGALIZE THE DRUG, THE INCIDENCE OF USE DROPS..

The CIA provides a lot of the narcotics, anyways....

The concept is simple: keep those who are curious and rebellious enough to try drugs pacified. These are usually the one's who stand a chance to rebel against the establishment, anyways. Then you make it illegal via propaganda to cash in on the "war on drugs", funnel tax payer money into black-ops, and further control these "undesirables...(those with potential)" ...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by works4dhs

Mindless idiocy in those words. Pure ignorance.

Where there's a will there's a way. Keeping drugs illegal KEEPS THE CURIOUS, MISCHIEVOUS NATURE of adolescents wanting to try drugs out. ONCE YOU LEGALIZE THE DRUG, THE INCIDENCE OF USE DROPS..

The CIA provides a lot of the narcotics, anyways....

The concept is simple: keep those who are curious and rebellious enough to try drugs pacified. These are usually the one's who stand a chance to rebel against the establishment, anyways. Then you make it illegal via propaganda to cash in on the "war on drugs", funnel tax payer money into black-ops, and further control these "undesirables...(those with potential)" ...

any data to back up the 'incidence drops when legal' claim?
if illegality is the lure, why do so many people drink alcohol, which is legal? it's not like kids hit 21 and say 'it's ok now so I'm not interested'.
nevada legalizing prostitution (tax revenue!) didn't seem to slow it down much.

www.prostitutionresearch.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Because it creates jobs from the police to the lawyers the judges the prison staff that help to boost up the GDP . Also prisons are a commodity that can be sold on the stock exchange they fuller they are the more productive they appear the more appealing it is to it's investors.

And might I add, the drug industry is 100% controlled and maintained by TPTB. They are the biggest drug lords of all. And they don't like competition.

Users are arrested to perpetuate the coverup, and to keep the illusion in place. As well as what is stated above in the quote. Especially the last part.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Hogwash, humans have been using drugs as far back in to our history as you care to look. There is a massive difference between moderate drug use and drug addiction also, humans like drugs and that will not change, the only question people should be asking is if they want drugs to be distributed and controlled by groups like the gulf cartel, los zetas etc or an international government body(some would say there is no difference of course). As for the OP, it is simply about control and money imo.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Look to Spain, and find your own damned data.

The argument about alcohol is illogical on more than one level, and I'll leave it up to you to figure that out.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Look to Spain, and find your own damned data.

The argument about alcohol is illogical on more than one level, and I'll leave it up to you to figure that out.

(lol) I'm providing links to support my points. you want me to research data to support yours?
comparing drugs to alcohol (which is usually defined as a depressant/drug) is illogical?

disagree if you will but phrases like 'mindless idiocy' do not help your cause.
I submit that drugs destroy lives and legal drugs will destroy more lives.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You have not given one single bit of evidence to support your claim, yet you expect me to do the same?!

You have twisted things on more than one level, which I expect from a bastard government drone.

To put it bluntly, go FFFFFFFFF urself.

I submit that what you perceive to be destruction is but a form of creativity, and your mindless idiocy will likely follow you until your old age.
edit on 30-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
(Why do ya'll BICKER like that? I can hear people tell one another to go F themselves just about anywhere in the city.....boring....wanna fight? Keep it in a private chat or something...some of us just want to debate and read other's opinions.....geez!)

My opinion is that the government just wants to keep all us monkeys in fear.....they KNOW people are gonna do drugs...why else constantly talk about it...show it on TV...demonize it to keep in the minds of the people....yet keep the sheep always looking over their back.....but then again.....maybe I am a budding paranoid schizophrenic......

Peace, ya'll

d(-_-)b

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join