It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism in the Fringe TV Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb54fcfac280.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9871087b1b.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been a long time fan of Fringe. It is one of the best written Sci-Fi TV series since the Next Generation. Although I've been rather perplexed at the symbology used during the cut scenes. This cut scene was taken from the latest Episode 11 of Season 3. It's obviously a depiction of a pyramid with the symbol of RA off to the right of the leaf. Is this simply a creative attempt to link some of the mysteries of Egypt to the Fringe series or is this Masonic symbolism? Perhaps others have noticed more?
edit on 30-1-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

That's actually a cypher that they have on the show. Each episode has a series of symbols that mean something that relate to the episode.

See: fringe.wikia.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by relapz
reply to post by CodeRed3D

That's actually a cypher that they have on the show. Each episode has a series of symbols that mean something that relate to the episode.

See: fringe.wikia.com...

Thanks, I was referring to the symbolism itself and not so much the fanfare. For instance, upon reviewing the rest of the symbols, you'll see a few others that are questionable. There is one of the horseman of the Apocalypse with a bow and a sideways skeleton in its wake with a faint image of a man with a crown in the background. Then we have a butterfly, the frog with Phi ( for Phi Beta Kappa?) logo, and the flower clock with 1,4,8 and 11.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We are also a big fan of fringe, and sometimes i think is that truly fiction or not, nevertheless it is
a good serie

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There is also the six-fingered hand.
What's that all about?
BTW, love the show. S+F because I'm a huge fringe-geek.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I love this programme , I have series 1 & 2 in my pirate collection , I think walter should run for president of the USA , after all , Reagan got away with it

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That could be a nephilim reference, giants, or nephilim (hybrids) whatever you want to call them are said to have six fingers and six toes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
• The Leaf glyph has a triangle, or Delta symbol on it.
• Original scripting referred to this as the "Prometheus Logo". Prometheus was changed to "Massive Dynamic" in final scripting.
• Leafs were given out as clues on the "Scavenger Hunt".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
reply to post by beezzer

That could be a nephilim reference, giants, or nephilim (hybrids) whatever you want to call them are said to have six fingers and six toes.

That's really good! I forgot all about that. And also David killed the six-fingered giant Goliath. I think Dan Brown is still chasing after the Masons in Fringe.
So I thought it only proper to bring the discussion here. The link in the symbolism may be substantial.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9871087b1b.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought I would outline this one. I mentioned this before. It is the last horseman of the Apocalypse.

A lot of people don't realize that much of the Masonic symbolism has to do with the prophesies surrounding the last days. The reason is, 33rd degree Masons feel they are part of the prophecy. The darkness surrounding the theme of Fringe gives me the feeling that the movie is very symbolic. In fact, the last episode with the dead fish in the pond is a relevant link to a real event.

join