It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have any "abilities"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

Oh. I asked while playing Yahtzee once if anyone has ever gotten a Yahtzee on their first role before and then I rolled my dice and got a Yahtzee. So that was pretty cool.

That is pretty bitchen when things like that happen. Sincronicity at the oddest of times. From out of no where a clue that there may be some magic in the simple act of playing a game together. Great response IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The ability the OP brought out is interesting itself - I have had a similar thing myself, which later on went towards some auric or astral sight.
The way I get facemorphing is when I do not directly look at someone, only with my peripheric vision, let us say if she sits at the same table at five feet, I would look two feet to the right and move my eyes a little in all directions.

I got facemorphs sometimes which could be incarnations. There is far too many of them though.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sharky980

yup absolutely..
last night i cut my hair kind of into kind of a mohawk. my roommate was talking to me and she was saying i look like.. and she couldn't think of what she was trying to say and i blurted out "a rancor". now i hadn't thought about a rancor in a long time and we were not on the subject of star wars at all recently. it just popped into my mind, and thats exactly what she was going to say.. haha... life is full of mystery, or just a whole lot of coincidences

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
Other posts reminded me of something else.

I have the ability to screw up cell phones, computers and other electronics with my emotions.

I'm just the opposite. I used to work in IT. When things got really crazy busy and i wasn't, I might go check on someone having pc problems or help another tech with a server problem. I don't know HOW many times I've heard "Wow, all I had to do was get you down here and it mysteriously starts working again"...I realized one thing that I do, that a lot of techs don't, is that I can hear what a computer is doing. It's nothing supernatural, lol, I have just always paid attention to the sounds of computers. The first time I noticed it a 'special ability' was when some coworkers were working on a radius server, and I walked over, listened to it, and diagnosed the problem without ever touching the keyboard.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

yes my partner also texts me sometimes while im writing the 1st message to text them sometime in the day while they are out for hours too, that is weird,
its like a subconscious connection i dont know

I have experienced this , many times . Coincidence , or some kind of spiritual link ?

IMO a spiritual link. If you wish to call it that way. Or basically the collective unconscious in book terms.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ImLisaFromEarth

my mind races a lot of the time because i get so bored and then my head feels dense because of all the thoughts and if i concentrate on the radio or think about it, the signal turns fuzzy. when i focus more on just clearing my head and slowing everything down the radio signal comes in stronger.

its about 4 to 6 feet behind me and also in a brick building, we have certain places that we put the radio depending on what station we have on. its one of those 100 dollar ipod radios, the signal also changes when someone walks near it or touches it, but I've done this without anyone near it at all.

i can also feel it in my legs when my phone is about to go off in my pocket or its on the floor next to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I can turn invisible, you just cant look at me when I do it.

I can also do a cartwheel, but I wouldnt want to brag...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

i have the ability to see conspiracies everywhere

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I speak horse, dog, bird, dolphin, I have learned the language of animals, creatures, so to speak. I love to help people with their relationships with their pets. That is pretty much the only thing I actually understand about myself. I can also do all of the other things you said you can do. I don't understand it though. I have been intrigued with my own abilities for a while now, so i have been researching them on the web. My most recent discovery about myself is that I can perform telekineses. I think its interesting that we share the same common abilities. I'm glad to hear your opinion of the phenomenon we are experiencing. I have never posted before, but I felt compelled to answer yours.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't know if I would call it something extrasensory, but I can very quickly read a person's emotions, personality, and current mental state and then I am immediately able to craft the most appropriate way to approach and speak to the person.

I work in a large library and it is my main function to help people navigate the building and find the materials or information they are looking for. The hard part is that people are often not sure what exactly it is they are looking for. Quite often I help customers who are very anxious or stressed out (ie: looking for income tax forms as the last minute, looking for information on a health problem they may be having, trying to use the computer to file for unemployment, needing to write a 10 page term paper in 3 hours time, etc.).

Over the past 12 years of my career, I have just had an uncanny ability to know precisely what kind of librarian each person needs me to be, and then I am able to fine-tune my voice, my body language, and other non-verbal cues in order to become their own personal library assistant, tailor-made to suit their particular needs and expectations. I can intuit what it is a person is looking for or what kind of information they need very quickly, sometimes almost before they have finished telling me.

I am especially good at soothing and comforting those who are very high strung or upset. Sometimes, I feel more like a psycotherapist than a librarian. My co-workers are aware of my ability and they often pass the customers who are in a very agitated state to me to deal with by giving me the "Please rescue me!!!" look. Sometimes if the customer is especially difficult, my co-workers will just walk away from the service desk and leave me there to step in and help the person, and that's okay with me.

As I said, I'm usually not aware of what I'm doing, and the whole thing happens very quickly and subconsciously. It might be that I've simply become highly attuned to non-verbal communication, or perhaps it is just my normal five senses working very quickly and efficiently in concert. I am very grateful to have this abilty. It is extremely rewarding when a customer who is clearly emotionally overwrought comes to me for help and I am able to comfort them, make sure they have a good library experience, and send them home with whatever they came to the library to get. Sometimes it can get very emotionally taxing. There are days when I come home after work and cry for a couple of minutes in order to "shake off" the accumulated emotions of the day.

I am able to use the ability with my co-workers, friends, neighbors, and others as well. I hesitate to say that I can read minds or psychically tune in to their emotions, but it does almost feel like it sometimes. It is interesting to note that my ability works best in face to face situations and does not work quite as well on the phone. Whatever it is, I am glad be able to use it in a positive way.
edit on 31-1-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I had a similar experience whilst looking at my hand, at first it was just as it was, but then my imagination started to change its appearance. When I managed to get it just right, my hand looked just like a monkeys, I felt like an animal, It felt normal, natural. And then I kind of zoned back into my ordinary state of mind. There is something artificial that exists, it is trying to train us to be something more that what we are. Perhaps its Reptiles and Monkeys, the natives of planet Earth. And then a third force, the "aliens" perhaps.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My parents tell me that back when I was 4, 5 years of age even though I didnt know how to read I could remember 5, 6 stories words for words (novel type, not some kiddy two, three sentences page with pictures) from Grim Brothers.
BUT now I can even full and properly remember multiplication table....

edit on 31-1-2011 by the_0bserver85 because: nothing

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i'm a walking painkiller. Got told by 2 mediums that i could heal people. Can't heal people like jesus allegedly did, just pain. Got a few people i heal when they have pains. Don't believe in charging either, if you get an ability then why charge? Any out of pocket expenses you should get though.
edit on 31-1-2011 by essxjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I can pick up on people's emotional states and then I have a habit of mimicking their emotional states. It can get pretty annoying because I'll say to myself "I'm copying this person's emotions and acting like them." Then I'll stop doing it for a bit then I'll have to concentrate on my emotion so I don't get them mixed with another person. I've gotten pretty good at "shielding" myself from others. Being in large groups really drains me. When I'm by myself I feel more like myself. My closest friend is really neutral emotionally so that really helps. Going along with the empath ability, I can feel strong energies that people emit. I can't feel subtler energies but I'm working on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I have the gift of discernment, its always been there just never knew it was something special. I have always been able to tell when someone is lying to me, it goes way back. I have often wondered why i can tell and the person next to me cannot, the only downside is if someone truly believes what their saying even though it is false i cannot differentiate its like im a human lie detector. Maybe i was supposed to be in law enforcement a judge even, alot of times i think its of no use even though i know full well im being lied to it doesnt change an outcome it seems like this gift is just going to waste.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Lets see??? Abilities? Not sure if they're abilities but they are definately things i can do...doesnt make me magical, maybe just more in touch with mself than others are with themselves.

1. I can remember when i was 1-2 years old, and quite a few memories at that (now 27)
2. I can dream inside a dream
3. I can ask people questions and recieve a response when dreaming, regarding questions about my wakened life...if this makes sense
4. I can feel others emotions as soon as they walk into a room, and their personality by looking at them in the eyes...if i see someone who is quite a negative person without knowing they are i can sense it, likewise for positive caring people

Thats about it i think
edit on 31/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't know if this counts but I have never gotten a hangover no matter how much ive drank in one night since i was 18 im 29 now, and not so much as a twinge in the morning!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I can read hand lines and tarot card. I can also "talk" to animals and "feel" energies around me.
Also, fire walks with me

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I realize that most of the replies in this thread have been funny or sarcastic (and I have laughed at a few! lol), but I actually do have an ability.
It's really not too terribly practical but - I can interpret dreams.
I have no training in psychology, I've just always been able to do it. Since I was around 12 years of age my whole family has called me when they have an odd dream.
I'm not psychic or otherwise gifted (sorry to say). I think I'm just good with symbolism and at reading people.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can tune a guitar by eye
and explain it.

I can also turn lead or straw into gold.
and explain it.
( the lead, turn it into bullets, the straw? ha ha, grow mushrooms

I also know how to see the future
guaranteed
( in 2 hours supper will be ready )

I know how to make things appear out of thin air
( waiter may I have a glass of water please)

Abilities?
nope
well, I have the ability to not be able to spell...
words.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Danbones because: I put a spell on you..hEH HeH HEH HEX

edit on 31-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join