It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful what you wish for!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So everyone who was cheering on the Egyptians, supporting them, "yelling down with the government".

Now Egypt is basically a Anarchy.
Shops and houses being looted
Reports of tourist being attacked.
Innocent people (Women and Children) being attacked.
Buildings being burned down.

Way to go....Yep sometimes government is good....
I predicted this would happen. Hopefully the military will come to their senses and put these people back in their place soon.
edit on 29-1-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Yeah we all need government otherwise it is indeed anarchy and martial law BUT the trouble is getting a government that isn't an oppressive regime, especially in countries like Egypt etc. We finally got rid of Saddam Hussein after committing genocide in Iraq and brought democratic government to Afghanistan but look at the Afghan leader Karzai, corrupt as anything and reported to be easy if offered a bribe.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
So everyone who was cheering on the Egyptians, supporting them, "yelling down with the government".

I predicted this would happen. Hopefully the military will come to their senses and put these people back in their place soon.

Awww someone sad cause they're losing an "ally" lol

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Awww someone sad cause they're losing an "ally" lol

I'm actually "sad" that innocent people are being attacked, hurt if not killed by a bunch thugs, yelling for "freedom"..

cute avatar btw..Kinda gives me a idea about your logic. Or possible lack of logic.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"Be careful what you wish for."

Truer words were never spoken...

I wished one time to get with this really fat broad I knew from work....boy, did that wish come true...it turned into an absolute nightmare.

Uggh!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

And a dictator ruling for 30 years isn't a thug? Having most of the money from America, funding the police force to keep the population down? that isn't thuggery? No avatar needed, I already know your logic. lol.

To create a new system the old one must fail.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Revolution is serious business. It never has been, nor will it ever be, pretty. A lot of good people have died fighting for their freedom. And ours too.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Revolutions arn't a walk in the park, the people are trying to bring down a tyranical regime that has been in power for over 30 years. This is a grass roots movement with no one specific leader, all the people know is they want rid of Mubarak and his regime. It may help the cause if the western democracies got behind the protestors and persuade Mubarak to leave for the benefit of his country.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

In the American Civil War for instance Many people died for our Freedoms. Plenty of innocents died Women and Children and such........brought about because the majority felt everyone should have FREEDOM and a fair shot at a decent living regardless of race or religion etc etc. All I am saying is with War innocent victims get caught in the cross fires but it doesn't mean that it is wrong to choose a side to prevent loss of life. I wish I was born in that era when FREEDOM really meant something and it was worth dying for.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Saturday, 29 January 2011 EGYPT: Looting as Counter-Insurgency There have been a growing number of reports of looters/thugs conducting smash and grabs across Cairo. Interestingly, there's also a growing number of reports that when these thugs are caught, they have police/interior ministry identification on them. If this is so, the reasons for it are: 1. It tars the insurgency as a group of criminals and thugs. 2. It provides a reason for a reluctant army to get involved and enact a curfew. 3. It forces a percentage of the movement to stay at home (to guard the neighborhood). This above has the potential to set the stage for a harsh response domestically. It could also help provide cover to the regime globally (hitting the Egyptian Museum was smart in this respect, given how many people around the world care much more for the artifacts there than the freedom of 80 m Egyptians). The question is: will it work? A decade ago, certainly. Today? No way. Too much backchannel.

from globalguerrillas.typepad.com...

oh and by the way the only ones who "want to wreck the world in order to rule the ruins"
are currently TPTB

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

that's right friend;
Revolution is the excretory function of Leviathan.

Saturn is the astrological regent of revolutions and revolutionaries
and you know what they say about the revolution devouring its own children

afterwards Zeus/Jupiter [big daddy government] comes along and the rest is history repeating itself...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It may help the cause if the western democracies got behind the protestors and persuade Mubarak to leave for the benefit of his country.

Ummm no sir, western democracies put these dictators in and back them financially.

the Egyptian people have got his O-ness straddling on the fence, not daring to pick a side for fear of publicly backing the losing side

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
now the thugs are assaulting hospital workers.......

/sigh

And now hundreds of prisoners have escaped from a prison.....Families have one more thing to be afraid of.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
now 500 people mostly women are missing.

All this violence was not happening under the dictator I know that for a fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

now 500 people mostly women are missing.

All this violence was not happening under the dictator I know that for a fact.

Where did the 200k police force go? any ideas? I have some.

top topics

join