It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of thousands of crows roosting where they shouldn't be...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just found this video Absolutely amazing!

I've never seen so many crows in my life! But the odd part is there shouldn't be any birds in that area around this time of year, but there are upwards to a million crows just hanging out! Not only that, but apparently crows do NOT roost in the area they are in regardless of the time of year...

What does this mean?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.crowbusters.com...

Although it will seem odd to see them in the winter, there will be times that you do.
They really dont migrate that far south from their northern habitat,
I attached a nice site that will give you pretty much all you'll need to know about them.
I battle with them sometimes with seeds and crops, they are something to deal with that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In Canada the hummingbirds, that are usually native to the Pacific coast regions, have migrated over to the Atlantic coast and are appearing much later into the winter season than anyone is used to seeing. Do the birds sense or know something we do not?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

The crow is a sacred animal, and I consider him my personal totem animal. They are gathering for their purposes, and if I may show a bit of external text as to what they are all about.

Crow is about Law, most specifically Sacred Law. He is the keeper of these laws and all sacred texts are under this protection. Sacred texts of the Native Peoples are all bound in Crow feathers. Human law and Sacred law are not the same. We humans, many times, struggle with the balancing of the two ways. Crow sees that the physical world and the spiritual world, as we humans interpret them, are an illusion. As a totem he comes to help us see our personal truth. The Crow totem will come to us when it is time to reflect on how we see the laws of the Great Spirit in relation to the laws of humanity. Great Spirit is the term many indigenous peoples refer to when some would say the Holy Spirit while others might just say God

hubpages.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
yea its gotta be a omen if that many crows are roosting near the dollar tree

but seriously that's wicked, i wander if the cold and unusual weather is having
a play in their behavior?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
what part of the country is this? I had my audio off if there was narration.
I've seen mass gatherings of birds before. during the winter too.

they would literally fill trees black, when the trees had no foliage.

wondering if kits related to the changing poles?
thx for sharing.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I see snow on the ground, but did not catch where you are. My brother in east central Illinois told me that they have had snow on the ground almost always since Thanksgiving Day. That has never been the case in over 70 years. That is a tragedy for many animals. They can't outlast severe, extended weather.

Pehaps the crows have run out of food in their normal domain and are forced by hunger to migrate. Birds tend to approach other birds that have found food. Pehaps this instinctive gathering is a result of that trait.

Crows are smart critters. Hanging out near a town to find food would not be out of their range of thinking. Plus, the temperatures may be a degree or two warmer near the buildings than out in the wild.

So, yes, something is definitely going on, but we need tnot look if beyond normal but unusual reasons for this mass collecting. If they are starving, they will start dying in large numbers right there.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I subscribed to this guys channel and he has posted a lot of interesting things. He has a whole vid about thousands of ducks also camping out on the frozen rivers there. I think its Minnesota that he is from?? Check out his other vids and see what other stuff he has posted. He's a good guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What does this mean?

In an nutshell, what it means is that somebody is gonna have a helluva time at the car wash tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That's a lot of crows together for sure. Our landfill areas look like that.

I'm not sure why this map on this link www.crowbusters.com... under "American crows" says they migrate south. Ours up here don't migrate south, they are around all winter no matter how cold it gets. I'm quite sure they're American crows up here too. You see them at the landfills, and all over any roadkill. Even at -40. They look heavy in the winter, they have an extra thick feather coat.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I moved to Eastern Ohio 4 years ago and several times this winter I have observed huge flocks of crows - the noise they were creating made me notice them. This is the first time I ever saw that many crows at one time, and as I've said it has happened three times this winter. I would estimate their number at 1,000. In the past few years, I never saw more than a dozen at a time.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I moved to Eastern Ohio 4 years ago and several times this winter I have observed huge flocks of crows - the noise they were creating made me notice them. This is the first time I ever saw that many crows at one time, and as I've said it has happened three times this winter. I would estimate their number at 1,000. In the past few years, I never saw more than a dozen at a time.

sorry - not sure why it double posted
edit on 29-1-2011 by ETeeTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I wasn't able to to catch where this was at either, but still that's quite a lot of birds at once.

I'm in the Seattle area which has crows year round - and just this morning I was wondering where all of our crows are. While they're usually everywhere I haven't seen but one here and there. It looks like they all went to a huge Crow Convention somewhere else.

Also, a couple of days ago (I think 1-27-11) when I woke up it sounded like spring had suddenly arrived with a variety of birds singing and fluttering about (It was a little surprising). But by that afternoon it became less and less until it was all gone. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was at least seeing a variety of woodpeckers & Steller's Blue Jays outside flittering from tree to tree every so often, but it's been days since I've even seen them.

Where are all of the birds going?
edit on 29-1-2011 by onthelookout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

I agree the Crow is a scared animal - thank you for sharing with us. My scared animal is the Raven, I had the pleasure of having one on my porch yesterday.

We have lots of crows in the area but since we have had a harsh winter not so many this year, waiting for their return.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just talked to him and he is getting ready to load more vids he says are way better than this one! We'll see what he has got!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm in NE Indiana and I get crows at my feed all year long. I put cracked corn in my driveway to cut down on the starlings, cowbirds, grackles, and other "undesirable" birds away from my fancy fu-fu hull-less waste-free feeders, which works really well. There are three crows that hang around and go for the corn. I like crows, but only have the three. I wonder if the food is good there perhaps? Or maybe a change in weather convinced them to move; we get sea gulls ahead of large storms coming in from Lake Michigan. It's weird seeing gulls being totally land-locked.
As soon as anyone has anything "figured out" about wildlife, wildlife changes the rules. Hopefully it's not an ill omen, but like other posters have said, they are extremely smart birds and wise to what is happening around them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A piece of trivia...a group of crows is not a flock....they are called a murder.

Crows and ravens are around where I live all year long..and there are at times
quite a few murders headed for somewhere. As for why there are so many crows at
this guys location in the video...they are very sensitive birds...one of the reasons they are considered
sacred by the Native Americans.

Then again, there is an old wives tale about crows:

Counting Crows

One's bad,
Two's luck,
Three's health,
Four's wealth,
Five's sickness,
Six is death.

Considering, it was way past six crows....this may mean something if you really want it to.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He put out a new video. The number is definitely in the millions. What in the hell are these birds doing? Where are they going? Are they trying to get away from something?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Okay, finally, if you go to the youtube link on the most recent video it says it's in Minneapolis.

Also as a side note regarding my mention of a total lack of crows (& birds in general) where I'm at in the Seattle area, it's also warm temps in the upper 40s - so it's not like they would be trying to leave because of the cold. And if they're heading to places like Minneapolis, then they're are heading to even colder temps. Plus - it's going to be harder to find food in groups that large. What do they know that we don't?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
S&F dude that is creepy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join