It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did China try to pass off Top Gun as Air Force Footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
gizmodo.com...
=================================================================================

Opps. I know some guys in the Far East and they said that they are getting a lot of laughs out of this one.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yep... watch the explosion, it's identical.

China has had a real problem with "wannabe" journalists making videos and the media using them. They are trying to crack down on it, but it's still a problem.

There was another thread on this earlier, but I can't find it now.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is embarassing for China i would not like to be the guy who made this cock up..

I wonder why they had to use footage from a film and not actual footage maybe there is something wrong or maybe its not all its technologically cracked up to be.. hmm

StrangeyD
edit on 28/01/87 by StrangeyD because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

What the..?

Classic...they probably thought they could get a two-fer: propaganda and some slight-o-hand for a back room laugh at our expense. haha

And as I was working towards another sarcastic comment, volleyball came to mind immediately, and then I saw this from the author:

There's no word yet on whether or not the Chinese fighter pilots engaged in any beach volleyball after the exercises

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Dammit Chung Min, PULL UP!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You've wost that wovin feewing, wo wo wovin feewing...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
China's stealth air craft is the best ever.
you will Never see it ever.
guess why?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

OMG, first they fake a spacewalk, now this....

i will not listen to the dweebs who proclaim Chinese superiority. I mean, really...who can take them seriously? Everything they make is crap, including their propaganda videos.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

DUDE! That was just WRONG, but it made me snort anyway! LMAO! Glad I wasn't drinking anything!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

DUDE! That was just WRONG, but it made me snort anyway! LMAO! Glad I wasn't drinking anything!

I know it was wrong. I'm going to hell for writing it. And you for laughing at it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yep,it was on cnn. They showed the top gun footage playing next to chinas "air force" footage.
They edited the color alittle and tryed saying it was their af in action.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I saw this on that other forum yesterday...God-whatever-forums or something like that. It gave me a good chuckle. What a bunch of tools.

I wonder if Paramount can sue for using the footage without permission? LoL

On a serious note, Miramar is Marine base now and I have been there many times. Still love seeing the "Fighter Town USA" sign on the hanger. Makes me start singing that Kenny Loggins Danger Zone song in my head and how awsome it would be to go for a ride in one of those jets.

new topics

top topics

join