It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks on the streets of Cairo, at least 18 protesters killed as 1000s of Egyptians defy curfew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Tanks on the streets of Cairo, at least 18 protesters killed as 1000s of Egyptians defy curfew

www.haaretz.com

President Mubarak sends the army into Egyptian cities to instill order, but demonstrators demanding his resignation remain undeterred.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow folks, things are really getting hot. Tanks are rolling into cairo now to quell the civil uprising. It seems the Egyptian people have gone to far now to turn back. 18 dead, 1,000's wounded. When does the United Nations plan on stepping in?

I hope Mubarak will submit to the protesters before there is more bloodshed in the streets. The numbers of protesters is growing substantially by the day. It's only a matter of time before Mubarak has to submit.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
videos contain graphic images. Viewer discretion is advised.

Here are some videos of the current protests happening in cairo, sinai, and all over Egypt.

www.liveleak.com... - Egyptian military shoots protester in head (RATED R)
www.liveleak.com... - Egyptian water tanker
www.liveleak.com... - Water tanker pt.2
www.liveleak.com... - Protesters chasing riot police
www.liveleak.com... - Protests
edit on 28-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
wouldn't it be great to see this world wide people taking a stand against pushy governments FREEDOM!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Bastards.

Completely unnecessary cowardly shot. The rioters were dispersing and on the back foot. He had a rock, and the police were clearly going for the head. Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
To me this situation seems like it can only end with more casulties than actual change in the country, i for one hope that this demonstation can bring change but i cant help but feel its all in vein.. lets hope not!!

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
totallycoolpix.com...

In pictures...

Warning one or one or two are very graphic, and i suggest approaching them with a strong stomach.

But the truth is out.

Peace
edit on 28-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Also

An Associated Press reporter said that amid the clashes, there were reports of policemen removing uniforms and joining the protesters, with crowds eagerly cheering on those that joined them.

www.pbs.org...

Scary stuff. Seems some of the uniforms are being thrown down and they are joining in the protests!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
People I hope this isn,t a glimpse into OUR futures !
just saw Hilary Clinton stand in front of the American flag condemning the violence . shut up you stupid hypocrite .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Wow those are some graphic photos!!, but i guess what we are seeing first hand here is what happens when a country says enough is enough!! But sadly change always come with casualties like the photos demonstrate thanks for posting them they are a real eye opener.

StrangeyD
edit on 28/01/87 by StrangeyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Guardian journalist reports from back of police truck. Police herding, beating, arresting and snatching people.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Protests occuring at various cities in US re CNN - this is getting really bad!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Protests occuring at various cities in US re CNN - this is getting really bad!

CrazyDaisy - you got a link?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
People I hope this isn,t a glimpse into OUR futures !
just saw Hilary Clinton stand in front of the American flag condemning the violence . shut up you stupid hypocrite .

I saw this too. She was also condemning the police for their use of force. If this happened in America, the police here and the government would be a lot more bloody in their approach IMO..Listening to Hillary is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard....Goes right through me...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...weird that al Jazeera isn't reporting this many deaths? I've been watching most of the day and can't imagine missing something like that, but you never know. Other sources are reporting 6, most of those in Suez?

Okay...it might be up to 20

www.theaustralian.com.au...
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Protests? Or shows of support?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sorry no link as of yet - I am looking. Heard it on CNN TV. Should hit their net link soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My bad - no confirmation on the net, CNN TV focusing on Egypt right now. Will post anything regarding US protests if it arises. After the Obama speech they turned back toward Egypt so most likely not much happening in the US at the moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: Double post

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com... - Video of yesterdays protests in cairo leaked today

top topics

<<   2 >>

join