It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Army base goes into lock-down as UFO's are reported over nearby town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Utah Army base goes into lock-down as UFO's are reported over nearby town

www.datelinezero.com

A major Army testing facility called Dugway Proving Ground went into lock-down very suddenly at 5:24 p.m. MST Wednesday. Then, between 7:15 and 7:30, news stations began to receive phone calls from people reporting UFOs over a town to the east of the arm facility: American Fork.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.abc4.com

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The witnesses include a man who had been in the military, and another guy who used to work for a company that made flares for the military. Both say they didn't see a flare dropping exercise.

The local news talked to the FAA, and the military, etc. All shrugged and said they know nothing. Naturally, the military isn't saying much about the facility closing in relation to the UFO sighting.

Official reason for the facility closing was eventually something about a chemical that had gone missing and was alter found ... "nothing to see here, move along."

By the way, the description of the UFO with something hot and burning falling from it ... that reminded me of the Rendlesham Forest Incident description given at that National Press Club conference from Sept 2010. Interesting stuff!

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Maybe the black ops crafts launched to keep them safe.
They cost a fortune, we really dont know for sure what happened down there.

Or could be some high ups decided they did not want to stick around to find out what was
really going down. "Get my a** out now" if you follow.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Are there any more sources for this?

Thank you for the post.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Probably part of the lockdown. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent up some helicopters to circle the area in case they spotted somebody trying to get away.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe the Ets have shifted their focus from monitoring our nukes to monitoring our chemical and biological weapons.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you go to page 2 of the comments... here. You will see this comment 4th from the bottom.

melfsmite - 1/27/2011 10:09 PM 0 Votes Report User These are radio controlled airplanes from my flying group lit up with LED lights. Several of us live in the Lehi, American Fork, and Pleasant Grove areas. You can see a full video taken close up here: www.youtube.com...

I am not sure if this dude who left the comment is correct or not, he might just be a debunker. But I thought some of you might want to see his comment and the link he left related to this story. I have a feeling he is a sour skeptic. His lights are different colors and look way different than the ones in the original video.

Star and flag, great find.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post

edit on 28-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dugway is where one of the Atlantis artifacts are. Namely because Salt Lake City is an ocean hole connected underground.

Floridians, keep an eye over the ocean as the Atlantis artifact hhuummss

link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

The local ABC newscast showed a pretty convincing video. (link in the OP's post) Not sure if they're extra-terrestrial, but who knows. I would probably lean towards the military dropping some sort of air sampling device or something, given the proximity this area is to the Dugway incident. I wish the 2 witnesses could have given some kind of distance reference.

Or.....the missing VX bs was a cover story for this!!! Who knows!

S&F to see where this goes... good find!

link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Maybe the Ets have shifted their focus from monitoring our nukes to monitoring our chemical and biological weapons.

Except there's absolutely nothing to suggest it's ETs at all.

Not every UFO is ET, people. What's the most reasonable assumption until other evidence shows up? Military craft that were part of the lockdown.

Edit: Thanks, Corruption exposed. That would actually make sense, as I doubt somebody would hear an RC plane from very far off while the lights would probably be visible for quite awhile.
edit on 28-1-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

No problem, I hate to seem like a debunker. I am a believer, but I was reading the comments on the article and could not help but notice. After watching the video a second time. They both look the same, just from different distances and camera quality.

Add to post: After watching a third time I am on the fence... Any other info?
edit on 28-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling and add to thread

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sorry for flip flopping back and forth, but what RC airplane can throw flares? I no nothing about RC airplanes so does anyone here know if anything on an RC plane can cause a flare effect such as the witnesses explained?

If not... this might be the real deal. I am always careful though, regardless of what everyone said, it can be military, UFO, RC plane... No one knows.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
900,000 americans were reported missing last year in the united states. this trend has steadily been increasing.
2,400 vanish a day, the vast majority with no motive or reason to disappear and notify loved ones. this doesn't include hikers who mysteriously disappear and are presumed dead with no body found or people lost at sea.

300 9/11's every year, with the increase in ufo activity, and the failure by the government to disclose the truth of the ufo phenomenon coupled with the disappearances 900,000 americans every year and the enormous technological advances in the last 70 years, the correlation of all these events must be investigated.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here's another video I found on youtube of the lights. Can't really see much.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why?
I suppose they take the superstitions of the town seriously.
Nothing ever happened from a flying saucer.
Or has it.

Yeah the Cash and Landrum landing heated things up quite a lot.
So if this pressure cooker UFO comes down on the magazine full of explosives,
guess what happens.
Is that why they are so afraid of UFOs cause if the sighting means an out of
control saucer then look out in case of a landing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hrmm i dont know stuff dropping (flames or whatever) dont sound like something from a super spacetime folding civilisation.imo but im not buying the VX decoy 1 for miniute,which i pointed out in 1 of my 1st posts on the original dugway thread.

I have found out,which correct me if im wrong that also Nuclear testing/exercises are run there by the NRC governed by The NCI/SUNY and that the NCI & NEST (not saying more on that) dont see eye to eye with the NRC in their tests or analysys.
edit on 28-1-2011 by hrmmm because: missed word & spelling correction

edit on 28-1-2011 by hrmmm because: missed inclusion of SUNY

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
questions: do we know if the search in dalas today was conducted with radio decay decetors?
The doctor/scientist/engineer that was found dead somewhere from somewhere,did he have any signs of hair loss,bleeding,blisters,nail loss or organ failures. If a postmorten was conducted has the result been published (if it can be believed)? has it been independatly varefied? or if not published was it sealed under OSA? or no postmortem,body burried....."move alone nothing to see here"?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Great observation. That's kinda' being missed with the RC flyers conversation at the ABC4 comments. It wasn't just lights -- something was seen dropping from the craft. Something that appeared hot and glowing.

Gosh the whole point of the news coverage from that local ABC affiliate was about the possibility that they saw a flare drop. But then those commentors are coming up with "RC flyers."

Obviously, I don't buy the RC explanation.

I sure don't by the explanation for the Army facility being shut down -- in fact, that makes the whole thing more curious.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

wow those are quite some statistics 900,000 a year...I wonder how many in the entire world...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Some people raised the issue in the other large Dugway thread - that the missing VX could be a diversion.

Maybe it was a cover story to hide the fact that a UFO crashed/became disabled somewhere around the base ? Not necessarily an alien UFO, but maybe an experimental human UFO, like the Cash-Landrum incident ?

new topics

top topics

join