It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Disinfo Thread.. Where is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Can somebody please help.

a couple of days ago I was on my phone on this site and saw a thread pointing out that the new Zeitgeist moving forward film may very well be a bunch of disinfo..

I didn't read it then, I thought i'd leave it till I got home. When I went to look for it I couldn't see it.

Does anybody know what happened to it?

I haven't watched the film yet but from what I gather it made people "feel" good whilst not actually really having any ideas about the tranitionary period and moving forward... Is this a conspiracy in the making???

Namaste

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello, I don't know about the disinfo thread but I saw the film at the NYC premiere and say what you will about the previous 2 films, this one is truly very academic. Click on Eat The Sheep in my signature to read a short review I wrote.

The guest speakers are what drive this film and they are well known authors and established people in the fields of science and economics. Dr. Robert Sapolsky to name one was a favorite of mine who, i was happily surprised to see in the film.

I think the biggest point made in the film was in the first part called "Human Nature" in which the academics listed above make the case that human behavior is mostly determined by environment and NOT genetic wiring. If anyone disagrees with that FACT they can debate it with the professor of Neurobiology at Stanford University.

Then the familiar narrator comes in and tries to tie that behavior with the market system and the monetary system eventually going into detail of how a Venus Project city would function.

As far as transition. There is little to no info on that, instead the filmmaker notes that before any transition occurs there would need to be a critical mass of people ready to move on from the market system so TPTB would have no choice to comply.

I have watched the other Zeitgeist films but never really advocated them until I saw this one. I dare say it is one of the smartest 'WAKE UP!' documentaries yet. Overall I highly recommend this film.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

cheers dude,

yeah i've seen the others and thought they were good. i was all set to watch this one (urgently, gettin annoyed with the wait, lookin for the torrent) and then there was the idea of it being,,, disinfo/ a part of the agenda, which took away the excitement.

gonna watch it n get back to ya.

i've just got this naggin feelin we're being lulled into a false sense of security...?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

Excellent synopsis of the new Zeitgeist . . . I appreciate your analysis and agree with it.

A friend of mine watched it and now wants to make copies and give to young people, I think that might be a good idea.

I fear though that if it ever went mainstream it will be labeled by the MSM right wing communism!

Anyway, I hope many watch Zeitgeist Moving forward.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
call me the cynical voice in the thread...or site for that matter....

the idealistic theme, Venus Project the current excape into mindspace
is nothing new...

the geodesic domes of several generations ago flew high then crashed, just as the venus clap
is bound to do in a matter of course... gosh, more human nature dashing the dreams of inspired sheeple

here's another once-upon-a-time- 'Zeitgeist'

Arcosanti links:

www.arcosanti.org...
ireport.cnn.com...

i think the Pilgrims were in a 'zeitgeist' window back then.... they all come and go...and only the
bottom dwelling ideas come to full blossom...like the hulahoop, or mustang autos... etc etc

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I am a New Yorker so cynicism is in my blood and I recognize this is not a new sort of thing. With all the crazy stuff that happens daily it's only logical to have a cynical view. That being said, I have made a conscious decision to remain optimistic about the future. Call it 'keeping the balance' with all the fear mongering and doom-saying. If we resolve to apathy we loose another opportunity to reach critical mass awareness and then it's the 60's all over again. This time we have the internet. So I remain optimistic that the dawn is coming despite the darkness.

K

new topics

top topics

join