It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hymen reconstruction surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

"Hymenoplasty" redirects here. For the operation to correct an imperforate hymen, see Hymenotomy. Hymenorrhaphy or hymen reconstruction surgery is the surgical restoration of the hymen.[1] The term comes from the Greek words hymen meaning membrane, and raphe meaning suture. It is also known as hymenoplasty, although strictly this term would also include hymenotomy. Such procedures are not generally regarded as part of mainstream gynecology, but are available from some plastic surgery centres, particularly in the USA, Japan and Western Europe, generally as day surgery. The normal aim is to cause bleeding during post-nuptial intercourse, which in some cultures is a considered proof of

en.wikipedia.org...

i dont get it , why in the world would anybody want to go though the hassle of this , its beyound me .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

A freind of mine had it done because she got "Torn" Essentially in most probable act of rape, But she doesnt remember, But yeah she had such surgery done to repair her

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I dont get it either alysha.

Even though the hymen is restored, the actual experience of losing your virginity cannot be removed.

And if being a virgin on the wedding night is so important to those who have this procedure - dont have sex before marriage. Simples.
edit on 28-1-2011 by doobydoll because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is very common in Third World and Muslim countries, because "purity" is essential for a young woman to be respected and deemed worthy of marriage. That is why there are large areas of the world that even frown on young girls from using tampons, because it could change the appearance of the hymen when they are "inspected" before their marriage.

new topics

top topics

join