It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Officer Accused of Shooting Himself, Filing False Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

LA Officer Accused of Shooting Himself, Filing False Report

www.aolnews.com

LOS ANGELES -- A school police officer who reported getting shot in the chest -- prompting the lock-down of 9,000 students during a dragnet -- shot himself and has been arrested for filing a false report, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Unbelievable. This man ought to be required to pay for all of the services that were required to be dispatched because of his "stunt". At a time when those in the police forces are being brought under greater scrutiny because of the few bad apples in the barrel this guy adds so much fuel to the fire! To put so many children in a terrified state of mind for $$ infuriates me!

www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The more I think about this the angrier I get. Nine schools worth of children held for seven hours locked in their classrooms without so much as access to restrooms! Parents of those children unable to help in any way, or to protect their children and having no information, terrified for their children. The largest lockdown in the areas history all for what? Can you imagine the cost involved to the county for this?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I posted this story to before I saw this one up because I was wondering how this played into the supposed "war on cops" where a whole string of stories involved violence against police. Did this story get mixed in with the real stories of violence against police? I'm also wondering how he got the bullet wound. If you shoot yourself for whatever reason, can't you just admit what happened? Sure it may be embarrassing and he would have to take a firearms class or something (probably for his benefit) but would a police officer really get fired for accidentally shooting himself? Probably not as much trouble as filing a false police report. This is why I'm wondering if maybe the shot was not an accident but something more. In what situation would a police officer get shot and not be able to tell the truth? Maybe some type of illegal activity where some mafioso shoots him but then tells him not to report it? Very strange.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I've no issue with the duplicate post but would like to have one stop for all comments.

I assumed this guy was after some sort of "vacation with pay" but that may not be the case. I don't know. What I do not understand is if this was an accident why didn't he just say so? If this was a ploy to get paid leave then he should be required to reimburse every expense that was expended for this lie! He ought to be grateful that no child came to harm due to the lockdown!

If it was an accident, so be it. Tell the truth. If he shot himself on purpose then he willfully and negligently discharged his firearm in a school zone putting every child in that school at potential risk.

I wonder if the bullet that hit him was retrieved and can be matched to his own service weapon?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Does this surprise you at all ??

Alot of the cops around here make up things ALL the time, .... so they can do whatever they want.

For them it is not enforcing the law, ... but making it up as they go along. Power can really get to some peoples heads.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Since I know the moderators are sensoring this thread (removing posts without reason given), I will be careful to stay "ON topic", like the first post I submitted here. The police officer in question cost taxpayers alot of money, and I would like to know if anyone is aware if he was being paid hush money or recieving illicit drugs from local drug dealers?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Some police officers lying doesn't surprise me. A police officer allegedly shooting himself in the chest does.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

G.A.G. - are you sure you didn't originally post in the duplicate thread?

Its possible that he's covering for something serious. We won't know until the investigation is completed. We still don't know for sure whether he (as is suspected) shot himself or was shot by someone else. Ballistics will be needed for that answer, or a confession.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

My apologies to the members and staff if I did. g.a.g.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Although "LA officer" is accurate, he wasn't LAPD.. he belonged to Los Angeles Unified School District Police.

NOBODY I ever met who dreams of being a police officer hopes to one day be a School, General Services, Park Police or airport cop.. LA Unified, like Airport et al police, are infamous for hiring city/county rejects. Along with a high turn over.

LAPD has become a low rung dept as well these days actually, but not "shower-shoe" low like school PD.. LAPD requires a military like 5 year contract now because very few officers would stay past 2 years.

Sometimes young guys looking to get a "foot in the door" accept airport/school police jobs.. once off probation (in Ca) 830.1PC (definition of peace officer) attain AB301 rights and a POST certificate which allows them to "lateral" to another dept. When we had job fairs literally dozens of school / air port cops would apply.

It doesn't surprise me in the least he made the whole thing up, if hiring standards were rolled back 20 years most of them wouldn't be wearing a uniform.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Thanks for the explanation of his job, GovtFlu.

What I still don't understand, still can't even comprehend is that is alleged to have shot himself in the chest! Why would a human being do that? I've heard of people shooting themselves in the arm, leg, foot etc. but his chest? Actually, its no wonder he lied about it. I'd never want anyone to know I was that bereft of gray matter!

top topics

join