It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about Security Clearance procedures.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have been hired by a defense contractor to provide IT services for the NAS base in my city or I should say, ive been recommended for hire, contingent on being able to gain clearance required for Federal Employment.
I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what is involved in the process?
Do they actually send field agents out to interview me and friends/relatives?
Do they really go to the school that I graduated from in 1988 and interview past supervisors, coworkers etc?

Also wondering if they can find out that I visit conspiracy related sites.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

Depends entirely on the level of security clearance you require for that position.

Yes, sometimes they go to former employers, neighbors, teachers, former cell mates, etc.

Once again. The depth of the examination is dependent on the level of security that job mandates.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
I have been hired by a defense contractor to provide IT services for the NAS base in my city or I should say, ive been recommended for hire, contingent on being able to gain clearance required for Federal Employment.
I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what is involved in the process?
Do they actually send field agents out to interview me and friends/relatives?
Do they really go to the school that I graduated from in 1988 and interview past supervisors, coworkers etc?

Also wondering if they can find out that I visit conspiracy related sites.

YES!
I had to have my Clearances renewed and updated every five years and I imagine so will you.
I had friends asking relatives of mine, what trouble I was into, people from the Government use asking question about me, then they just got use to it after a few times.
edit on 27-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
FarArcher is correct. They may talk to neighbors, family, previous employers. Depends on the sensitivity of the position.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Wow.. well, I dont have any former cell mates but I have not been an angel either.
And the position requires a secret clearance, not Top Secret, just secret

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
they will most likely at least call everyone you list on the form, as long as you were not smuggling midgets packed with coc aine across the border, just be honest and you will be fine.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wonder how many people on here are telling fibs about their lives to gain credibility???

I have cosmic level security clearance.....please feel free to prove me wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The one group they aren't going to talk to will be family. Well, maybe an ex-wife or husband. After 28 years and who know how many investigations, they never spoke to any family members.

Have fun. And be honest with them; don't try to hide anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I wonder how many people on here are telling fibs about their lives to gain credibility???

Hey Martin! How's it going buddy.....

link   
Just wondering, but isn't one of the conditions of being offered a "secret" job that you don't talk about the job to people, you know like on a large public web site?

I know that on the MI5 web site in the UK it says if you apply for work there you shouldn't talk to anyone about your application other then close family

link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yup to the above: "secret
' is a pretty common clearance, most USAF folks have at least "secret". Don't sweat it,but don't get caught on MSNBC's "to catch a predator"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Dude, I could really care less what you think. Could care less about "internet credibility" I just want this job.
Its nothing really important, just involves the Military Health Database but I guess since its IT related, they now take extra precautions.

link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hmm, double post for some reason
edit on 27-1-2011 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Just wondering, but isn't one of the conditions of being offered a "secret" job that you don't talk about the job to people, you know like on a large public web site?

I know that on the MI5 web site in the UK it says if you apply for work there you shouldn't talk to anyone about your application other then close family
I in most cases the job is not "secret" just the level of information he may run into...

link   
Depending on what clearance they will also look at your finances and etc along with what the other posters said.

When the husband worked in a certain position he had to get a Q clearance on top of his TS.. they looked into everything financial and went through family and friends.. all over again. With that clearance/position I was even interviewed.. kinda intimidating.

One of our friends who works for AMC now.. he was interviewed pretty heavily and had to provide documents relating to his divorce, alimony, child support and outstanding debt. He had all of those things.. but still got the job.

link   

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Hey Martin! How's it going buddy.....

Martin???? Sorry i dont understand lol

link   
And when they ask:

" Are you now, or ever have been, a member of, contributed to, or been an officer in, any organization dedicated to the violent overthrow of the govt. of the united states of america?"

say No

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

No former cell mates is a good thing, but relax as it's usually not a deal-breaker.

A Secret eh?

The only part you'll probably find uncomfortable is that cavity search with a 6,000,000 candle-power spotlight.

Whew!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well, i havent heard or read that and it wasnt on the form Sf-86, so.. maybe i just screwed myself or maybe you heard wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

Well, i havent heard or read that and it wasnt on the form Sf-86, so.. maybe i just screwed myself or maybe you heard wrong

Nahh thats not accurate here for a contractors job. Youre going to find your secret clearance is really not all that "secret".

<<   2  3  4 >>

join